Songs That Make You Tear Up

Bigbobby10

China Doll - Grateful Dead

Attics of My Life - Grateful Dead

Watching TV - Roger Waters

Man on the Corner - Genesis

Those are just the ones I can come up with right now. There's obviously plenty of others I can't remember at the moment, but these would rank as my top 4.

• Like 1

Those are just the ones I can come up with right now. There's obviously plenty of others I can't remember at the moment, but these would rank as my top 4.

Standing on the Moon??

• Like 1

Standing on the Moon??

Standing on the Moon is more of a sentimental tune, I think. At least that's the interpretation I have of it anyway. China Doll has a lot of themes revolving around nuclear annihilation and man's greater purpose. Much more bleak.

• Like 1

Most music when I listen to it gives me the shivers lately. Some of it really is so hauntingly beautiful, and I marvel at the great gift of talent that created the music.

What a great post!

Standing on the Moon??

Standing on the Moon is more of a sentimental tune, I think. At least that's the interpretation I have of it anyway. China Doll has a lot of themes revolving around nuclear annihilation and man's greater purpose. Much more bleak.

Black Muddy River?

• Like 1

As I get older, I find myself having to hide my tears as they come very easy. Its most always music that does it to me. Memories, stuff like that.

I had one guy tell me to go and have my testosterone checked. I told him to go have his heart checked.

• Like 2

Standing on the Moon??

Black Muddy River?

If you're talking about the last time it was performed in '95, hell yeah. It's all up to interpretation at the end of the day. I haven't seen a Dead thread around, so I'd rather not hijack the thread with Grateful Dead stuff.

• Like 1

Standing on the Moon??

Black Muddy River?

If you're talking about the last time it was performed in '95, hell yeah. It's all up to interpretation at the end of the day. I haven't seen a Dead thread around, so I'd rather not hijack the thread with Grateful Dead stuff.

How about here http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99524-digitals-dead-jam-and-jazz-thread/

The Pass

any live version of Resist

Somebody to Love by Queen (mainly the intro)

The Garden

a lot more because im an emotional baby

• Like 2

Working backwards, more or less.

Hurt sung by Johnny Cash. Esp the video, can hardly watch that.

New Order's Procession. Haunting, esp back in the day when New Order was basking in that whole tragic post-Joy Division mythos (that is, before they became a bouncy club band).

The Cars' Since I Held You and Fleetwood Mac's Sara for the longest time because I associated them both with my "first love" (that being my first post-adolescent big time crush)

Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmundfitzgerald. Has never lost its impact. Love you Gordon.

And the guilty pleasure admission. Loved this song when I was young and I (surprisingly) still think it's really good, despite it's '70s mellow rock vibe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrnZv7fHGSE

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

That piano player in the video has Neil's smile.

I heard a song this morning in the store that made me tear up: Sailing by Christopher Cross. I didn't particularly like or not like the song, but it's just one of those songs.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1