Thinking of leaving the forum

Permanent-Rush

You should try to find a good balance. Like come here a little bit each day. Wait till the end of the day when you do your studying/hw and see what you missed throughout the day. It's a forum, the topics/posts aren't going anywhere. You shouldn't make such a huge effort to make it to 200 posts every day. You also were in the chat during class, these are just bad habits that could be broken.
  • Like 13

1466029672[/url]' post='4011554']

You should try to find a good balance. Like come here a little bit each day. Wait till the end of the day when you do your studying/hw and see what you missed throughout the day. It's a forum, the topics/posts aren't going anywhere. You shouldn't make such a huge effort to make it to 200 posts every day. You also were in the chat during class, these are just bad habits that could be broken.

I try but I can not. Every time I come here I get distracted and don't get my work done.

Edited by Surrender74

It shouldn't affect your grades too badly should it? Maybe just don't come on in school times and set aside time to study for tests and stuff rather than coming in here :) . Although if the best thing is to leave then do it. I kinda took a month or two off the forum where I lurked a bit and very occasionally posted, not that I post a massive amount anyway, but it was kind of a welcome break :)
  • Like 4

I try but I can not. Every time I come here I get distracted and don't get my work done.

You need to discipline yourself. I took a few breathers here and there to get my work done. I wouldn't let myself play video games or visit the forum or watch tv until I did my work. It was my reward for doing it.

• Like 7

You've already been given good advice from folks about setting your priority as school, and I certainly agree with that. We all have important commitments, such as school, work, and family...and we won't value you less as a member for taking care of your priorities before trying to reach your self-imposed daily quota of 200 posts :) There are certainly many valued members who don't make anywhere near that number of posts, so please don't feel that you will be forgotten or less-liked if you have less time to spend on the forum and/or in chat!
  • Like 8

The fact you created this thread shows that you know you're on here too much.

If I were you, I'd force myself to just come here on a limited basis. Call it "2112"...allow yourself to only be on TRF from 21 o'clock (9pm) Friday to 12 noon Sunday. This allows for two prime TRF nights, 39 possible forum hours, and a dessert to your school week without it interfering with your school time/studies.

• Like 7

If I were you, I'd force myself to just come here on a limited basis. Call it "2112"...allow yourself to only be on TRF from 21 o'clock (9pm) Friday to 12 noon Sunday. This allows for two prime TRF nights, 39 possible forum hours, and a dessert to your school week without it interfering with your school time/studies.

Excellent plan!
  • Like 2

Excellent plan!

Yeahs! :cheers:

I ain't no dummy. ;)

• Like 1

Have you had all your final exams yet? If not, just put the effort you were putting into this forum and use to concentrate and pass them all. This forum is not more important than that. If you take some time off, it's an internet forum people come and go all the time, the topics will still be here to discuss when you return. Also, no one with think any less of you for leaving in order to pass your classes.

The key is balance on the forum. I've been here almost six years and my post count isn't really anything I would consider that high overall. There are some days where I post a bunch, others where there's a random post or two and others where I don't post anything. Yeah, this forum is really cool but you can't let it run your life. There are more important things.

• Like 3

It is the reason my grades are f***ed up and I can not take it anymore. I might have to stay behind in 9th grade because of this Fourm and I am not letting that happen.

Sorry I'm going to come off sounding like a prick but the problem is not the forum. It is a sense of control and not having your priorities right. If you have some kind of addiction problem by all means seek out some therapy. Otherwise put the "phone" down and get your work done.

The TRF will be here after your homework is done.

• Like 5

I can imagine your parents taking your phone away anyway if you don't get the scores you need soooo I'd take control of it before they do.

Also, didn't your mum already offer to pay you 10 bones if you weren't late for school these last couple of weeks? That sounds desperate. And frankly, the next desperate step would be taking your phone away. Not saying it's right or whatever, I'm just saying I can see it happening.

• Like 3

74, you will find though your journey through life you will have to learn to be a master balancer with the ability to prioritize. Weather it be work, family, friends, things you want to do, things you have to do. The most important thing is to realize moderation is the key! Too much of any one thing is not good. You are smart! you will find a way to balance.
  • Like 5

I agree with most of the advice here. Put dat phone down! By all means come here on an evening to de-stress, but you don't need to be posting on here 24/7. On another note, please try not to worry about your grades too much, just make sure that at the end of it all, you can say you tried your best.
  • Like 3

74, why are you making this such a big thing ? ... Excessive posting to "posting a decision about leaving" - TOO MUCH DRAMA

You're going from one extreme to another

Union had great advice about having the forum as almost a reward, after you do what needs to be done ..

I loved the fact that you started here by posting vid of yourself playing the drums .. PLAY THEM MORE

Schoolwork and learning is the priority now .. but there is room for everything - and don't forget about growing as a drummer - YOU CAN DO IT

Just don't overwhelm yourself ...

And don't let life overwhelm you - remember, you are in control

• Like 7