Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Taylor swift

Also in the last 2 days i've been coming back to Neal Morse.   He may be repetitive but man do i love the formula.  he's insanely consistent and talented. he cam write 30 minute epics in his sleep yet make them some of the catchy-est epics you've heard.

Mick

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor swift

Also in the last 2 days i've been coming back to Neal Morse.   He may be repetitive but man do i love the formula.  he's insanely consistent and talented. he cam write 30 minute epics in his sleep yet make them some of the catchy-est epics you've heard.

Mick

I'm Taylor Swift and Avenged Sevenfold

• Like 1

Does this album

220px-Police-album-reggattadeblanc.jpg

Look like this album?

220px-Red,_King_Crimson.jpg

Or is it the other way around?

Andy Summers and Robert Fripp are friends.  They collaborated together.

The Police album Synchronicity has a serious King Crimson "Discipline" vibe. 

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 2

These ones are so close.  It's almost like it was the same artist.

220px-Earth,_Wind_&_Fire_-_All'N_All1.jp

220px-Iron_Maiden_-_Powerslave.jpg

That was my fun for the day.

I love Iron Maiden.  EWF too.  

• Like 1

Having a wonderful day spent with AOR and Blue Oyster Cult.

BOC are so bizarre, I just can't stop playing them tonight

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Saw this on Youtube a week ago and loved it.  I can see the comparisons to Turnstile and fellow Canadians, PUP.  Nice punk rock attitude that's missing from the rock genre that is either dominated by watered down butt rock or safe sounding pop crap like Maroon 5 and Coldplay.

I had to look up what Butt Rock was. Some fans have way too much time on their hands coming up with that stuff. They're basically just shitting on every popular rock band of the last 20 years.

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

I had to look up what Butt Rock was. Some fans have way too much time on their hands coming up with that stuff. They're basically just shitting on every popular rock band of the last 20 years.

The term’s origins are said to go back to the days of the late 90s and early 00s when radio stations had mottos saying “we play nothing but rock.” However, the extra t in the term is there for a reason. One YouTuber I watch has actually done a very interesting analysis of “butt rock” and what is and isn’t included in its umbrella, and whether or not a band like Imagine Dragons may be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The term’s origins are said to go back to the days of the late 90s and early 00s when radio stations had mottos saying “we play nothing but rock.” However, the extra t in the term is there for a reason. One YouTuber I watch has actually done a very interesting analysis of “butt rock” and what is and isn’t included in its umbrella, and whether or not a band like Imagine Dragons may be.

Radio stations were using that motto long before that time frame. It just looks like another way for people to shit on something popular.

Edited by J2112YYZ

10 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Radio stations were using that motto long before that time frame. It just looks like another way for people to shit on something popular.

I may have the timeframe wrong actually. I’m probably just associating it because the term is usually used to describe bands from that time period like Nickelback and Skillet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I may have the timeframe wrong actually. I’m probably just associating it because the term is usually used to describe bands from that time period like Nickelback and Skillet.

And the grandaddy of it all.  He's not entirely to blame for Woodstock 99 but he is a factor.

UgwHsec.gif

Mostly prog stuff and i'm loving in.  It's amazing how fast my brain switched from give me hooks to like......musical wanking is all i care for, lol though prog has hooks i'm more into the musicality of it all at the moment.

However it's traditional prog i want not prog Metal.  not mixing colors this time.

so like

Spock's Beard

Genesis

Yes

Flower Kings

Gentle Giant

Bands like that. this genre's like my identity right now.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mostly prog stuff and i'm loving in.  It's amazing how fast my brain switched from give me hooks to like......musical wanking is all i care for, lol though prog has hooks i'm more into the musicality of it all at the moment.

However it's traditional prog i want not prog Metal.  not mixing colors this time.

so like

Spock's Beard

Genesis

Yes

Flower Kings

Gentle Giant

Bands like that. this genre's like my identity right now.

Mick

Have you ever checked out any classic Italian prog bands, PFM, Le Orme, or Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso for example? They’re often rated by prog heads right alongside their English contemporaries, or maybe just a notch below.

• Like 1

I’ve very emo lately myself, with Paramore at the center of the universe and anything else I can find spinning in a joyous orbit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Have you ever checked out any classic Italian prog bands, PFM, Le Orme, or Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso for example? They’re often rated by prog heads right alongside their English contemporaries, or maybe just a notch below.

no but i'll give them a go since i'm in the mood.

Mick

• Like 1