Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

On 1/2/2023 at 11:57 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Hitting the Bob Dylan sauce hard these days.

i'm finding him perfect for winter.  I said this a few days ago.  I'm not one of those "Bob is god folk."  His hardcore fans are almost scary in their worship.  no he's shit the bed a lot in his career.  HOWEVER i will say and i stand by it.  Bob when he's at his best......i firmly believe there is no one better to do it maybe ever.  yes even over Waits, lol and i will also say.  He's been on a roll since 1997 with his original material.  i love every album from Time out Of Mind to Rough and Rowdy Ways.  Not counting his cover albums i mean.

The older  i get.  the more i feel how special he is.

Mick

Does this include his Christmas record?

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2022 at 3:45 PM, Sun & Moon said:

Brothers Osborne. Fine musicians, great songs. Been listening to their 2020 album Skeletons on repeat for weeks. It's the best new stuff I've heard in a few years.

Brothers Osborne and the whole band showcase their top notch musicianship on Tiny Desk. John is one heck of a guitar player.

Full blast!!

Edited by Sun & Moon

Taylor Swift. 

I've been listening to her entire body of work out of order.  even albums i ignore like Evermore and Reputation.

Taking as a whole her Discography is nuts.  very......bi-polar and it feels like an anxiety attack most times. A  lot of her breakup songs actually boarder on unhealthy honesty.

She is interesting woman for sure.  i think a lot of times she needs more focus but i guess if she did have that. she wouldn't be her.

God Tier albums

Red

Folklore

A tier

Speak Now

Lover

B Tier

C Tier

Fearless

Evermore

D Tier

Taylor Swift

Fail tier

Midnights

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

I'm not into any one thing now.  over the past few weeks i've  Played

Dan Fogelberg

Classic Muse

Billie Eilish

Olivia Rodrigo

Jimmy Eat World

Supertramp

Mick

Yes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

I'm not into any one thing now.  over the past few weeks i've  Played

Dan Fogelberg

Classic Muse

Billie Eilish

Olivia Rodrigo

Jimmy Eat World

Supertramp

Mick

You should check out the new album from Margot Price. I think you would like it. It’s called Strays.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Hitting the Bob Dylan sauce hard these days.

i'm finding him perfect for winter.  I said this a few days ago.  I'm not one of those "Bob is god folk."  His hardcore fans are almost scary in their worship.  no he's shit the bed a lot in his career.  HOWEVER i will say and i stand by it.  Bob when he's at his best......i firmly believe there is no one better to do it maybe ever.  yes even over Waits, lol and i will also say.  He's been on a roll since 1997 with his original material.  i love every album from Time out Of Mind to Rough and Rowdy Ways.  Not counting his cover albums i mean.

The older  i get.  the more i feel how special he is.

Mick

If you're into lyrics, Bob is where it's at

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Do you keep on the look out for bands with weird names then when you see one you say "hell yeah! I'm gonna give them a try" 😂

Knuckle puck sounds like some weird ass play sex game.:laugh:

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Do you keep on the look out for bands with weird names then when you see one you say "hell yeah! I'm gonna give them a try" 😂

27 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Knuckle puck sounds like some weird ass play sex game.:laugh:

Mick

I do listen to a lot of bands with weird names lmao. Sometimes they can be an attention-grabber. There are some bands that first stood out to me because of their name. Bands like Dance Gavin Dance, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Origami Angel, Prince Daddy And The Hyena, California Cousins, Macseal, Moon Tooth, Moose Blood, Tiny Moving Parts, and Hot Mulligan come to mind.

I believe the term "Knuckle Puck" originated from the Mighty Ducks movies.

• Like 1

WÖYH! Four Finnish professional musicians making great music and having fun. They are hilarious live and have some legendary sing-alongs. The strange and poetic lyrics, in Finnish, skilfully describe themes like sci-fi, nature, space journeys, robots, crabs playing chess, penguins fighting people, and of course many adventures of their totem animal, a seagull (lokki). It's no news that the guys, especially the two brothers, have enjoyed Rush among many bands and styles and then created something special of their own. A sense of humour is a must with WÖYH!

W28Y8: (This song makes me cry almost every time. It is about insects, far away galaxies and the shortness of life.):

3: (A darkish fantasy tale that features many central characters present in the albums.)

Lokki: (A WÖYH! anthem sure to make the crowd sing out loud. Lokki tells about a heroic seagull exposed to dangers.)

Edited by Sun & Moon

3 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

This album is fantastic!!

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

she kinda has a Stevie Nicks vibe to my ears.  but i agree.  Great recommendation from EP.

Mick

Yay! Yeah out of the three new albums I've listened to this year this is currently top of the stack. Lot of depth and good vibes. I read they recorded most of it live on the studio floor, and you can really hear the instruments working off of each other. I don't think this is a serious contender for album of the year, but it gets great marks from me all the same.

• Like 1

EP will love this.

Muse.

but don't tell Segue......he'll shout at me:oops:

I played The 2nd law and Simulation Theory and enjoyed both?

A wall may have been crashed through.  BUT.........one bullet point......i still prefer classic Muse.

Mick

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

EP will love this.

Muse.

but don't tell Segue......he'll shout at me:oops:

I played The 2nd law and Simulation Theory and enjoyed both?

A wall may have been crashed through.  BUT.........one bullet point......i still prefer classic Muse.

Mick

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YAY! 

I mean yeah those are actually my two least favorite Muse albums, but they’re still a blast to me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YAY! 

I mean yeah those are actually my two least favorite Muse albums, but they’re still a blast to me!

i just played Drones  that was really good. 

i also realized.  and this is true.......Muse is just a bit of fun  Especially later Muse. Again i don't think they'll ever top those original 4 for me but i FINALLY have an apreciation for the band they are now.

and i realize the negative reaction was way Over the top.

it's just a band man.  they didn't personally kick your pet, lol

Mick

• Like 2