Why is the sides on vinyl All The World´s A Stage wrong?

YYZumbi

Am I the only one that have been thinking about this? Why is the All The World´s A Stage vinyls wrong?

On first record its Side A and then on other side its Side D. And on the second record its side B and side C.

It´s like this on both original vinyls and the new remastered ones. It´s so weird... why did they do it this way?

Union, yes, I agree, that's what I recalled. I'd line up Side A on the bottom, followed by Side B, then when they finished playing, I'd flip the stack, and they were set for Side C, then Side D to follow. As easy as possible to listen to the concert in order.
  • Like 1

Union, yes, I agree, that's what I recalled. I'd line up Side A on the bottom, followed by Side B, then when they finished playing, I'd flip the stack, and they were set for Side C, then Side D to follow. As easy as possible to listen to the concert in order.

Yep..that's it...put on A&B, then flip and it's C&D! Less messing with it! Although after the turntables changed to not have the stacker because people were starting to think stacking the albums messed them up, it sort of got to be a pain..play side a...then pull out the next album for side b and put side a away for 30 minutes...etc....

• Like 1

Photographic evidence ! tomhealey and Union, your posts brought back a lot of nice memories. My turntable would hold up to six albums at once on the spindle.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-1_19.jpeg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-2_7.jpeg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

That's weird. My vinyl copy has it normal, with side A and B on one record, and C and D on the other :huh:
  • Like 1

That's weird. My vinyl copy has it normal, with side A and B on one record, and C and D on the other :huh:

I'm going to check my two copies (reissue which I purchased first then earlier pressing I found used ....TRF)

My two copies are the same, not designed for record player stackers. Weird. I don't have the Mercury releases, though.

My Vinyl copy of ATWAS was destroyed during the Great Summer Full Moon Drunken Rampage of 1988.
  • Like 2

My Vinyl copy of ATWAS was destroyed during the Great Summer Full Moon Drunken Rampage of 1988.

Not sure if that is better or worse than most of my vinyl getting destroyed during the Great Water Heater Burst and Den Flood of 1988. Sounds like more fun, anyway! :D A rough year for vinyl for sure! :D :D

• Like 1

Double albums were always pressed that way in the past for a reason. It's not hard to figure out if you're old enough to remember turntables with the post in the middle for stacking albums. I think later on that practice was stopped Edited by satchmothesnowdog
  • Like 1

My copy purchased either 1976 or 1977, Canadian Anthem pressing with the typo "By-Tore & The Snow Dog" (later corrected), has Record 1 Side 1/2 and Record 2 Side 3/4. My double live albums from the seventies occasionally Sides 1/4 and Sides 2/3 but mostly the other way.

Not sure if that is better or worse than most of my vinyl getting destroyed during the Great Water Heater Burst and Den Flood of 1988. Sounds like more fun, anyway! :D A rough year for vinyl for sure! :D :D

I have been completely digital ever since.... :drool:

Funny story, my parents in the late 60's were moving to California and their moving van with a bunch of records and more importantly, dishes, clothes, furniture flew off a mountain in New Mexico...my Dad had to go thru the remaining few items that were delivered to the base he was stationed at, all burned, broken etc...so LP's are a no no for my family

• Like 1

Probably for the same reason you used is instead of are. :)

:eyeroll:

I'm just as much a stickler for proper grammar and syntax as anybody, but come one...let's give the Swedish young man a break.

• Like 2

I'm just as much a stickler for proper grammar and syntax as anybody, but come one...let's give the Swedish young man a break.

Come all

• Like 1

Come all

Hear ye, hear ye!

Quite a few double and triple live lps did this format back in the day.Studio lps didn't escape it either,I still have my Hendrix Electric Lady land in this format.Im sure Yessongs and Welcome Back My Friends, Yes and ELP respectively, both triple lives were the same although they are buried deep in the shed and would take me a week to find them.Anyone remember when they jumbled the order on cassettes to make the sides even(Wishbone Ash ,Argus,Four) or for that matter anyone remember cassettes,sigh!