Build Ged's New Band

third hand grace

What would be a cool collaboration?

I'm still thinking but I'm interested in where Ged might go if still in the game!

Put together a lineup.

I'm good w/ Ged on bass, but time to retire from vocals. so my "Dream Team" would at least be him on bass, but I'd put a new person on vocals.

And before the haters hate, been a fan since 9 (1981) and 44 concerts across the USA.

IF they are done and Geddy wants to create then I wish him the best and would buy instantly, imo he can do no wrong.

Ged, Bass, etc

Vocals, ?

Drums, ?

Guitar, ?

What do you think would be interesting??

Abe Laboriel Jr: Drums, vocals

Great unexpected choice.

He's a great, very versatile drummer. I could see he and Geddy laying down some really cool grooves.

Geddy on the RICKENBACKER 4001 bass... Thomas Lang on drums... Steve Hackett on guitar... Jordan Ruddess on keyboards and Peter Gabriel on lead voice.

Geddy + Steve Hackett = AMAZING!

Edited by 78jazz

I have to stop logging on with a little tablet! I thought this topic said "Build Ged's New BED !" :D :D :D

I thought we were getting kinda personal!

Geddy's likely an oak bed kind of guy. I hear his wife leans more towards maple. But Geddy can't help his feelings - he likes how oak beds are made. And he wonders why maple beds make his wife happy when she sleeps.

• Like 6

I have to stop logging on with a little tablet! I thought this topic said "Build Ged's New BED !" :D :D :D

Geddy's likely an oak bed kind of guy. I hear his wife leans more towards maple. But Geddy can't help his feelings - he likes how oak beds are made. And he wonders why maple beds make his wife happy when she sleeps.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: Made me spit out my Pepsi! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:
  • Like 2

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: Made me spit out my Pepsi! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

:blaze:

• Like 1

I'd be happy with Lee and Mink working together again, writing songs in a comfortable range for Lee's voice, and snagging whatever decent drummer. I like most of the tunes on Headache.
  • Like 2

Dave Grohl?

He's okay and he seems like a decent guy to boot...BUT I think if Geddy & Grohl worked together, it'd sound more like Grohl than Geddy. And I want more Geddy than Grohl.

Yeah I would agree with this. Dave would kind of take over.

• Like 2

I think we should also consider personality - Lee would need to work with someone who has the same sort of qualities, to some extent. As far as writing goes, I can't see him working with someone he hasn't known for a long time, a friend.