Why We Don't Love Modern Era RUSH

JohnRogers

Make a poll, I doubt I'm much of an outlier

Just give him a good fat turd to munch on.

Slang term for a large cigar with a Maduro wrapper???

No, nothing fancy. It's just my way of saying eat my beautiful faeces.

Love ya!!!!

Look dude I may enjoy Tai food now and then but I never eat Tai Shan...except the trace amounts in Oscar Meyer hotdogs.

I am an Oscar Meyer hotdog, ya fool!!

Hmmm, is this aboot to get gay?

Eew. No.

• Like 1

A slight deviation from all the Hot Takes aboot Neil Peart's pending retirement. Perhaps a subject we can all agree on.

Why don't we love modern era RUSH??? I pondered this deep subject recently while listening to Armor & Sword repeatedly along with other gems from Snakes & Arrows. Now we can skip nuanced discussion aboot producers Northfield and Raskulinecz because while there are complaints aboot their choices they are not the problem. I also don't mean to convey a message of hate. Most sane people with even decent taste really appreciate MER they just don't love it. Why??? Because we never formed the deep-deep-deep bond with MER like we did with the Synth Era or the Golden 70's. With the previous two eras of RUSH we bought vinyl, cassette or CD right away. We spent hours per day in our beds looking at the "books" reading lyrics while repeating the album over and over again.

MER came when we were adults with kids, dog, careers, wives, mistresses and fantasy football rosters to manage. No time for spliffy and becoming one with lyrics. So while we dig MER we don't love it because it is not as familiar. I know there will be a very tiny few who don't understand or feel the same way but your numbers are insignificant so close the pie hole.

Why don't we love Modern Era RUSH??? Now you know.

What's really scary is when you said Modern-era RUSH I immediately thought about the POW-HYF period.

WHICH WAS THIRTY FRIGGIN' YEARS AGO

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg

• Like 3

A slight deviation from all the Hot Takes aboot Neil Peart's pending retirement. Perhaps a subject we can all agree on.

Why don't we love modern era RUSH??? I pondered this deep subject recently while listening to Armor & Sword repeatedly along with other gems from Snakes & Arrows. Now we can skip nuanced discussion aboot producers Northfield and Raskulinecz because while there are complaints aboot their choices they are not the problem. I also don't mean to convey a message of hate. Most sane people with even decent taste really appreciate MER they just don't love it. Why??? Because we never formed the deep-deep-deep bond with MER like we did with the Synth Era or the Golden 70's. With the previous two eras of RUSH we bought vinyl, cassette or CD right away. We spent hours per day in our beds looking at the "books" reading lyrics while repeating the album over and over again.

MER came when we were adults with kids, dog, careers, wives, mistresses and fantasy football rosters to manage. No time for spliffy and becoming one with lyrics. So while we dig MER we don't love it because it is not as familiar. I know there will be a very tiny few who don't understand or feel the same way but your numbers are insignificant so close the pie hole.

Why don't we love Modern Era RUSH??? Now you know.

What's really scary is when you said Modern-era RUSH I immediately thought about the POW-HYF period.

WHICH WAS THIRTY FRIGGIN' YEARS AGO

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg

Dude, 90's Rock is not modern music.

Make a poll, I doubt I'm much of an outlier

Just give him a good fat turd to munch on.

Slang term for a large cigar with a Maduro wrapper???

No, nothing fancy. It's just my way of saying eat my beautiful faeces.

Love ya!!!!

Look dude I may enjoy Tai food now and then but I never eat Tai Shan...except the trace amounts in Oscar Meyer hotdogs.

I am an Oscar Meyer hotdog, ya fool!!

Hmmm, is this aboot to get gay?

Eew. No.

That would be the synth era.

For me, VT and on was what should have come after MP. Apart from The Analog Kid, I would hardly miss anything from Signals through T4E if it hadn't been made. VT and S&A made me a Rush fan beyond nostalgia. I do though recognize that Neil has become an overbearing preachy curmudgeon, the "songs" are more about music set to pedantic lyrics rather than memorable songwriting, and the production is over-loud. That all said I love it, which I can't say for Signals through T4E.
  • Like 1

I love modern Rush.

You won't find me dismissing it like a lot of the old curmudgeons who post here now ;)

I also ♡love♥ the modern era except for that album S&A. I've tried repeatedly but I just cant seem to get into that album.

What i don't like about modern day Rush is they take too long between albums,I don't like Neil's hat even though he's balding,they never toured Australia,Rush shoelaces,R40 live is not avaidable here,the list goes on.Other than those issues I find the later day albums a bit hard to play all the way through.Who ever invented the cd should be shot for letting artists have the time to fiddle about for another 30 minutes over a 40 minute vinyl lp.Imagine if cds were around when they were recording 2112,we'd have 15 minutes of Alex tuning up with that babbling brook sending us all in to meditative sleep.Seriously I do love the last three albums(VT production aside)but there could have been some pruning.
  • Like 4

you can sort call me old too then. Cause i mostly hate modern Rush.''

Mick

No let go of the hate. This is about not loving Modern RUSH it is not aboot hate. Hate leads to fear, fear leads to anger, let go or some Tai Shan like that.

• Like 1

For me, VT and on was what should have come after MP. Apart from The Analog Kid, I would hardly miss anything from Signals through T4E if it hadn't been made. VT and S&A made me a Rush fan beyond nostalgia. I do though recognize that Neil has become an overbearing preachy curmudgeon, the "songs" are more about music set to pedantic lyrics rather than memorable songwriting, and the production is over-loud. That all said I love it, which I can't say for Signals through T4E.

:goodone:

I really like your take on VT & Snakes.

Who ever invented the cd should be shot for letting artists have the time to fiddle about for another 30 minutes over a 40 minute vinyl lp.Imagine if cds were around when they were recording 2112,we'd have 15 minutes of Alex tuning up with that babbling brook sending us all in to meditative sleep.Seriously I do love the last three albums(VT production aside)but there could have been some pruning.

:clap:
  • Like 1

What i don't like about modern day Rush is they take too long between albums,I don't like Neil's hat even though he's balding,they never toured Australia,Rush shoelaces,R40 live is not avaidable here,the list goes on.Other than those issues I find the later day albums a bit hard to play all the way through.Who ever invented the cd should be shot for letting artists have the time to fiddle about for another 30 minutes over a 40 minute vinyl lp.Imagine if cds were around when they were recording 2112,we'd have 15 minutes of Alex tuning up with that babbling brook sending us all in to meditative sleep.Seriously I do love the last three albums(VT production aside)but there could have been some pruning.

I've been saying this for years, used to be a band had 18 minutes roughly per side to play with, now they have 80 minutes per cd to play with. Most of my favorite albums are no longer than 50 minutes long.

• Like 1

I am not part of the equation labeled "WE."

I am the answer to the equation of ME.

I love and securely embrace the Synth Era Of Rush.

I am a broken record. A broken heart of the same old shit.

I feel sorry for fake Rush fans who don't get the evolution of Rush.

Then again I am a hypocrite because I can't stomach VT.

Oh well.

This is a Rush Synth Thread. Those years to my mind and soul are amazing.

Go listen to One Direction or Taylor Swift if you don't get the "Synth Years."

You are probably the same breed who hypocritically love VAN HAGAR.

SAM HALEN?

Pure synth shit.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Imagine if cds were around when they were recording 2112,we'd have 15 minutes of Alex tuning up with that babbling brook

HAHAHHAHAA!!!