Why We Don't Love Modern Era RUSH

JohnRogers

Hold Your Fire is epic. Spans many emotions and delves deep into the heart of the band.

Signals has greatness but also farts a lot of wetness.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I find it to be woefully overrated on this forum.

Speak for yourself guys, I won't do it for you and neither shall anyone else do it for me.

thanks for the invite. Signals Rules. but.........HYF is a billion times better.

The best album Stevie Nicks never wrote, lol

Mick

Stevie Nicks? Hmm, I've never heard that in HYF...but to each his own. :huh:

To me, it is as quintessentially "Rush" as anything they ever recorded. Every single note, beat, and syllable is just fantastic.

Some of Stevie Nicks songs had a similar feel during the eighties. Rooms Of Fire comes to mind, but not once did she actually come close to releasing an album an inch as good as HYF. But here and there, yeah, I hear it!

• Like 2

Hold Your Fire is epic. Spans many emotions and delves deep into the heart of the band.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I find it to be woefully overrated on this forum.

Speak for yourself guys, I won't do it for you and neither shall anyone else do it for me.

thanks for the invite. Signals Rules. but.........HYF is a billion times better.

The best album Stevie Nicks never wrote, lol

Mick

Stevie Nicks? Hmm, I've never heard that in HYF...but to each his own. :huh:

To me, it is as quintessentially "Rush" as anything they ever recorded. Every single note, beat, and syllable is just fantastic.

I do All over. All over. Stevie could have done any of those tracks.

Mick

• Like 1

I do speak for myself.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I do speak for myself.

Segue, if I may ask, which songs from Signals do you consider to be, in your charming phrasing, "farts of wetness"?

• Like 3

HYF is about as far from the way Rush started out as they ever got. It's the most MOTR album they ever recorded. Not to say the songs aren't good, but they're not in any way, shape or form proggy.

I do speak for myself.

Segue, if I may ask, which songs from Signals do you consider to be, in your charming phrasing, "farts of wetness"?

I was going to mention that that crude phrase was unnecessary.

• Like 1

Also, because someone finds it "woefully overrated" on the forum, what are the rest of us supposed to do? Downplay what we think is its greatness? I don't understand comments like that.

The same thing when I post that I love a song/album and someone quotes my post to say that they dislike/hate the same song/album. Can't you just post that you dislike the song/album without quoting my post? Does that mean I'm now supposed to dislike the song/album?

:huh:

• Like 2

Also, because someone finds it "woefully overrated" on the forum, what are the rest of us supposed to do? Downplay what we think is its greatness? I don't understand comments like that.

The same thing when I post that I love a song/album and someone quotes my post to say that they dislike/hate the same song/album. Can't you just post that you dislike the song/album without quoting my post? Does that mean I'm now supposed to dislike the song/album?

I've never liked this thing of calling something "overrated" :no: If you don't like something, fine...we've all got our opinions. But calling something "overrated" implies that your opinion is right, and others are wrong for liking it that much.

In fact, calling things overrated is overrated :P

• Like 2

I've never liked this thing of calling something "overrated" :no: If you don't like something, fine...we've all got our opinions. But calling something "overrated" implies that your opinion is right, and others are wrong for liking it that much.

It must be human nature to want to put something in a box.

• Like 1

The quoting thing doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when people say my opinion is crap and wrong because I don't feel the way they do.There are no right or wrong answers or facts for that matter when it comes to preference in music.

• Like 3

I do speak for myself.

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

New World Man

Not massively into Subdivisions

Not keen on the production at all, and only Losing It and Countdown get my vote as flawless classics.

I do speak for myself.

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

New World Man

Not keen on the production at all, and only Losing It and Countdown get my vote as flawless classics.

What's wrong with the production? I think it has some of Neil's best sounding drums of any album they've done.

I do speak for myself.

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

New World Man

What's wrong with the production? I think it has some of Neil's best sounding drums of any album they've done.

I love the guitar work and hate how its buried. I hate the synth sound. I hate how Geddy sounds echoey.

I do speak for myself.

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

New World Man

I love the guitar work and hate how its buried. I hate the synth sound. I hate how Geddy sounds echoey.

Okay, fair enough. When the album came out I didn't like it at all. Took me a long time to get used to the different direction their music was going.

• Like 1

I do speak for myself.

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

New World Man

Okay, fair enough. When the album came out I didn't like it at all. Took me a long time to get used to the different direction their music was going.

I still spin it everytime I do a marathon!

• Like 1

I do speak for myself.

"Farts of wetness" applies to only one RUSH song which is on the epic Hold Your Fire album.

I do speak for myself.

"Farts of wetness" applies to only one RUSH song which is on the epic Hold Your Fire album.

This post bores me more than Signals.

• Like 1

I do speak for myself.

John Rogers, this thread is all your fault.