Rush committed to one more album

x1yyz

And John Rutsey is dead.

...or is he??? The next album could be called *Jurassic John Rutsey, we have the technology.

I realize John Rutsey was not alive during the Jurassic period but people are simple minded.

• Like 4

I think that all this talk of retired/not retired will do more harm than good. I know people are curious and all, but I think that all that speculation should be behind closed doors. It seems the boys themselves are disagreeing on the subject of retirement, and I don't want to become a spectator to their dissent.
  • Like 4

Those usually aren't iron clad. Some have out together greatest hits with one new song and managed to meet the requirements as well.

It's certainly enough for Geddy and Alex to do another album, even if Neil insists on sitting it out. If he doesn't want to live up to what the band agreed to, fine. Doesn't preclude the rest of the band and entire Rush organization from fulfilling their commitment.

Hopefully Neil would agree to at least play on a tune or two.

They'll get together over the weekend and jam on FeedBack 2.

Big Whoop.

When ELP had the one more album requirement we got 'Love Beach'. Do we really want something like that?

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

Those usually aren't iron clad. Some have out together greatest hits with one new song and managed to meet the requirements as well.

They should redo Tai Shan as a human beat box version performed by Alex (hereafter dubbed DJ Zivoj) accompanied by Ged on banjo.

Edited by theredtamasrule
  • Like 1

The work ethic and professionalism that guided them through these last four decades will remain to the end I think.

They'll put out a fantastic new album---like CA---or nothing at all.

What about Feedback?

From The Music Express, http://themusicexpress.ca/pearts-rush-future-unclear/

"Ole general manager, Andy Curran, confirmed that Rush ... is committed to at least one more studio project."

I finally get the Feedback II I've been praying for. :)

Im hoping for even more unused outakes and riffs that never made it into a song. I want fo hear the bottom of the barrel.

How about they do the worst possible album imaginable? Every bad idea they ever shit-canned every bad lyrical theme all played in various musical styles they suck at? And leave in bad takes and mistakes...errant sounds.. Coughing burping flatulence... Name it "f**k ups and Bloopers"...it's one finale that won't be soon forgotten !!!

This is controversial, but I feel like Clockwork Angels is their best album. If they can churn something out that great at the end of their career, I certainly believe they could do something great again. Only time will tell.
  • Like 1

The work ethic and professionalism that guided them through these last four decades will remain to the end I think.

They'll put out a fantastic new album---like CA---or nothing at all.

I'll take something like Vapor Trails Remixed even!

From The Music Express, http://themusicexpress.ca/pearts-rush-future-unclear/

"Ole general manager, Andy Curran, confirmed that Rush ... is committed to at least one more studio project."

I finally get the Feedback II I've been praying for. :)

I want fo hear the bottom of the barrel.

But we already have You Bet Your Life and Speed of Love.

;)

• Like 2

They do a sequel to 2112 - 2122, it's ten years later and life under the new regime is perfect. Everyone is allowed to pursue their dreams and desires, all the slackers, fools, incompetents, leaches have been reeducated, relocated or repurposed, a Randian utopia. Life is perfect... or is it?

Thee ya go Neil, I give to you free of charge, you're welcome.

• Like 1

They do a sequel to 2112 - 2122, it's ten years later and life under the new regime is perfect. Everyone is allowed to pursue their dreams and desires, all the slackers, fools, incompetents, leaches have been reeducated, relocated or repurposed, a Randian utopia. Life is perfect... or is it?

OOH! They should make an album linking 2112 to the Cygnus saga!

• Like 1

I hope no to both.

Most obvious, relevant topic to tackle lyrically: racism. Not saying I want that but I am saying it seems more probable than a return to any of their 70s lyrics.

I hope no to both.

Most obvious, relevant topic to tackle lyrically: racism.

How bored to tears I would be.

• Like 2

I hope no to both.

Most obvious, relevant topic to tackle lyrically: racism.

How bored to tears I would be.

As I said in my original post, I wouldn't really want it either... BUT I think it would be more likely than 2122 or a lyrical bridge from 2112 to Cygnus. Can't imagine either of those two happening whatsoever.

• Like 1