Come Back Narps!!!

Lorraine

Where did he go?

He's in a canoe with his son and daughter in law. He accidentally dropped his Blackberry in the drink.

Oh, man wrecking the phone is a bummer

Narps, your presence on TRF is missed by many.

Shine your shoes, dust off your laptop, find a new Charlie Brown picture, shave twenty years off your profile age, grab a corn dog and Pepsi, and come back!

He will,

I would hope. Its nice to take a break at times. :cool:

I miss Narps too! Hell I think I need a break!

• Like 2

Narps sighting in the on/off thread!

This us a bit like whale watching...

Hey!! I have still been exercising pretty regularly :rage: :)
  • Like 3

Since I decided to take an extended break at least for me (one day would be a long break for me :LOL: ) I feel it necessary to thank some folks and clear some air if I may? Ok thanks :LOL: . Since I have been around here a little over 2 years a State Of The Onion speech so to speak...

First off thanks in no particular order for your concern while I was gone to Bowl City, goose, Tony R, RushCanuck, gypsy muse, LIX, Lucas, blueschica, Lyndsey G, DPR (or CTTH). A very special thanks to Lorraine for talking me off the TRF ledge more than once :rose: . If I missed anyone my humblest apologies and I didn't mean to I promise you.

I want to clear the air about an event that happened that was partly responsible for my absence for so long, again for me anyway. I thought after 2 years being here and being an older guy as most of you know that I had built up at least a bit of TRF "cred" and decided to offer up a bit of advice (in public) to a friend. Well that did not go very well as many of you around here already know. Not to belabor the point but Segue and I have kissed (not literally) and made up and are moving on. I haven't spoken to any of the small group that was around that evening so I don't know where I stand with them but I guess time will tell. It always has and always will. What will be will be and I can't control any of that so I am going to move on and just enjoy myself around here like I always have and hope time truly heals all wounds.

I also realize because I am a realist that there are probably and handful of folks out there in TRF land that were just fine with me being gone and I could have stayed away forever and that would have been just fine with them. I seem to have lost a few friends over time and I am cool with that too. I used to think foolishly that you must, absolutely "have to" please everyone and everyone in this life must be your friend. I think I am over that at this point and can accept the fact especially in the internet world that is just not possible. Misunderstandings etc without the benefit of inflection are just to commonplace and just part of the landscape and it took me a long time to get that through my stubborn, thick head.

As was mentioned in the thread I did get some good news while I was away. I will at some point in the next few months begin collecting monthly some of that money that the government took from me over my 35 years of working. Hopefully God willing I will live long enough to collect more than my share and live off the government teat for a while toward the end of my life :LOL: . I am so happy for my wife more than anything having to deal with me and my illnesses over these past 2 or 3 years that we will have some financial stability at long last pretty soon. Lord knows she deserves it if anyone does. An angel she is.

Anyway last but not least thanks to all who posted kind words and had some fun in this thread even at my expense as I do enjoy poking fun at myself and having fun poked at me. Time to hit the "normal day to day" TRF button and get on with life. Cheers all... :cheers: :codger:

-Kenneth aka Narpsicles

Edited by Narps
  • Like 14

I'm not washing the sporks till his return...

:o

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

But the last time you did that the Board of Health was called in and we were issued a hefty fine which we still haven't paid. I've got a lien on my house to prove it. :(

Do you want Narps back or do you want some place to live?

Priorities...SMDH....

:o :o

And what does SMDH stand for?

Shaking my damn head...

You should be! It's cold here and you want me to pitch a tent so Narps comes back?

I'll pitch two. You can live in the one next to me.

Good idea. If we shared I'd probably pitch my own...

:syrinx: ... :rfl:

good dude. I know he had heart issues and was prescribed pills that kill a lot of people every year, hope nothing crazy happened.

:LOL: Still alive my young friend...

Narp! Come back! I promise not to stick a claw in your butt!

You know...he might actually dig that! :eh:

Hadn't thought of that, to tell you the truth..! :o

Narp, if you would like a claw in your butt, come back! ;)

Ready.... :)

Since I decided to take an extended break at least for me (one day would be a long break for me :LOL: ) I feel it necessary to thank some folks and clear some air if I may? Ok thanks :LOL: . Since I have been around here a little over 2 years a State Of The Onion speech so to speak...

First off thanks in no particular order for your concern while I was gone to Bowl City, goose, Tony R, RushCanuck, gypsy muse, LIX, Lucas, blueschica, Lyndsey G, DPR (or CTTH). A very special thanks to Lorraine for talking me off the TRF ledge more than once :rose: . If I missed anyone my humblest apologies and I didn't mean to I promise you.

I want to clear the air about an event that happened that was partly responsible for my absence for so long, again for me anyway. I thought after 2 years being here and being an older guy as most of you know that I had built up at least a bit of TRF "cred" and decided to offer up a bit of advice (in public) to a friend. Well that did not go very well as many of you around here already know. Not to belabor the point but Segue and I have kissed (not literally) and made up and are moving on. I haven't spoken to any of the small group that was around that evening so I don't know where I stand with them but I guess time will tell. It always has and always will. What will be will be and I can't control any of that so I am going to move on and just enjoy myself around here like I always have and hope time truly heals all wounds.

I also realize because I am a realist that there are probably and handful of folks out there in TRF land that were just fine with me being gone and I could have stayed away forever and that would have been just fine with them. I seem to have lost a few friends over time and I am cool with that too. I used to think foolishly that you must, absolutely "have to" please everyone and everyone in this life must be your friend. I think I am over that at this point and can accept the fact especially in the internet world that is just not possible. Misunderstandings etc without the benefit of inflection are just to commonplace and just part of the landscape and it took me a long time to get that through my stubborn, thick head.

As was mentioned in the thread I did get some good news while I was away. I will at some point in the next few months begin collecting monthly some of that money that the government took from me over my 35 years of working. Hopefully God willing I will live long enough to collect more than my share and live off the government teat for a while toward the end of my life :LOL: . I am so happy for my wife more than anything having to deal with me and my illnesses over these past 2 or 3 years that we will have some financial stability at long last pretty soon. Lord knows she deserves it if anyone does. An angel she is.

Anyway last but not least thanks to all who posted kind words and had some fun in this thread even at my expense as I do enjoy poking fun at myself and having fun poked at me. Time to hit the "normal day to day" TRF button and get on with life. Cheers all... :cheers: :codger:

-Kenneth aka Narpsicles

tl/dr

So you were on a river trip in a canoe with your son and daughter in law and dropped your Blackberry in the river???

;)

• Like 2

-Kenneth aka Narpsicles

Well said...I think...um...I kind of fell asleep after you said "Since I started to take an extended break...". ;)

Enjoy yourself out here!

Read some, write some, & laugh some and you'll be around TRF for a while. :)

• Like 2