Distant Early Warning video

Ajpl

Hi

Just thought I would post to set some stories straight because I've seen a few forums where people are wondering who the boy is in the DET video.

It was me, I'm Alex Lant, live in the UK and am now 38. I still show the video loads, especially as its on youtube! It was 2 days filming, the band gave me a toy A team helicopter and I remember meeting Margaret Thatcher on set as well. was a great experience and really pleased that have continued so strong.

Anyway hi to all and hope that Geddy jnr doesn't mention it was him again.

Regards

Alex

Edited by Ajpl
  • Like 9

Hi

Just thought I would post to set some stories straight because I've seen a few forums where people are wondering who the boy is in the DET video.

It was me, I'm Alex Lant, live in the UK and am now 38. I still show the video loads, especially as its on youtube! It was 2 days filming, the band gave me a toy A team helicopter and I remember meeting Margaret Thatcher on set as well. was a great experience and really pleased that have continued so strong.

Anyway hi to all and hope that Geddy jnr doesn't mention it was him again.

Regards

Alex

If you don't mind telling us, how were you chosen?

I am Spartacus!

Welcome to TRF, Alex.

He is! He is!

Leave me alone, its him you want!

• Like 1

Welcome Alex! It is interesting to hear from the real person in the video. It was a long lived old rumor that the boy in the video was Geddy's son, but I have read in an interview with Geddy that it's definitely not Julian. Nice to meet you! :)

Welcome Alex! It is interesting to hear from the real person in the video. It was a long lived old rumor that the boy in the video was Geddy's son, but I have read in an interview with Geddy that it's definitely not Julian. Nice to meet you! :)

Yeah, I read the same thing too. However, I also read (I kind of want to say it was in something Peart wrote) that Julian himself was saying that he only vaguely remembers DOING the video. So, somebody's wrong. I'm assuming Julian is.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:31 PM, Rush Didact said:

The Margaret Thatcher detail is very strange, but maybe she actually did visit the set.  The director, David Mallet, is British, so it's possible it was filmed in the UK.

I believe the video was indeed filmed in London. Also mentioned here...

• Like 1