Los Angeles, CA Periscope Thread - August 1, 2015

tomhealey

Neil looks almost to be in tears!!!

11356005_986439974720392_1391909149_n.jpg

Probably because he's so happy that he can get home within an hour and that he doesn't have to do the R40 tour...

EDIT: This is a bit unfair, but we all were thinking it. I don't know where his head is at...

On the distal end of his neck.

They can say what they want, but I don't think we'll see this again. I'd say if they ever get the itch to play together again, it will be several years down the road, they'll obviously be several years older (if they all live that long), and would feel the effects of touring even more. For the sake of your own sanity, think of this as the end and if they decide to do a few shows here and there, you'll be ecstatic.

What a tour. Holy shit. Thank you Dirk, Lerxst, and Pratt for 40 years worth of the best music. Days like today I wish I was at least 10 years older.

If this is indeed it, then this band has left a huge legacy.

• Like 10

TM is representing the YBG tonight :)

I've gotta say it so sweet to get to chat with Bubbles...and sing "Closer to the Heart" with him. He said I was in a weird key, but I don't think so. TRF will have to decide on that when the documentary comes out. Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 6

Okay, here's a great photo of TRFers:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150802_082643_01_zpsf22996f4.jpg

L-R Rushman14, Tombstone Mountain (front), Greyfriar (back), x1yyz, Scott (way back), Robyn, Robertrobyn.

• Like 18

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150802_082643_01_zpsf22996f4.jpg

L-R Rushman14, Tombstone Mountain (front), Greyfriar (back), x1yyz, Scott (way back), Robyn, Robertrobyn.

I am the selfie master.
  • Like 5

Awesome! :ebert: :clap:

:rush:

• Like 6

Up til 3.30am last nite. (And daughter woke me up at 7am, ouch!) Many 2am nites in the past week. These Pacific shows were tiring, awe inspiring, tough to get to sleep with this historic moment in our bands career (and work has been intense lately). Wish I could have made the trip.

The local Long Island newspaper, Newsday, has a front page story today about the "record setting " ticket prices for the Billy Joel show to close the Islanders dynasty Stanley Cup home, Nassau Coliseum.

Most expensive floor seats on stub hub the according to the paper were $2600. Wow.

According to their math, the listed price for those Forum Rush front row seats of $12,000 should have Rush on the front page for a week!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 4

Up til 3.30am last nite. Many 2am nites in the past week. These Pacific shows were tiring, awe inspiring, tough to get to sleep with this historic moment in our bands career (and work has been intense lately). Wish I could have made the trip.

The local Long Island newspaper, Newsday, has a front page story today about the "record setting " ticket prices for the Billy Joel show to close the Islanders dynasty Stanley Cup home, Nassau Coliseum.

Most expensive floor seats on stub hub the according to the paper were $2600. Wow.

According to their math, the listed price for those Forum Rush front row seats of $12,000 should have Rush on the front page for a week!

I know the 3rd row was hard rockin'.
  • Like 3

I am the selfie master.

You'd make a great Ellen, Duff.

BhxWutnCEAAtEQ6.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you!

Front row be damned.

I had similar view at one of the R40 shows. At the end of Cygnus light show, I thought I was going to soil myself. TMMB was insane lights also. A second R40 blu ray from THAT VIEW would be incredible! Nothing like Howard's work from over his shoulder.

Agreed but front row has its perks too

Front row is awesome, no disrespect intended. Did it for Govt Mule and Phish, never Rush :(

The tough thing about the "Cygnus seats" is that you are sitting with mostly casual fans who tend to chat a lot. Thankfully Rush was so loud at MSG it did not matter. Put clips like that on a large HDTV in the dark, it's incredible. I hope they do a separate blu ray with that.

I was not kidding about the soil comments. It felt like I was tripping out from that view, no exaggeration, with the Cygnus lights, and TMMB as well.

• Like 2

I missed the show - it started way past midnight my time. But hey, at least we have an upcoming live release to look forward to, and I'm surge there are a bunch of cool rarities in the vault, which they will release from time to time to keep the money flowing.

I keep remembering an article I read in the mid 80's though, about Status Quo's (then) last show... they've been quite active since then. But I know with Rush the age factor is complicated at this point. Still, here we are feeling like Lloyd at the end of Dumb and Dumber: "are you saying...there's a chance!?!?!?!"

• Like 3

It was awesome spending last night here with all you guys who love Rush as much as I do. It might be the end of an era but we still have 40+ years of great music. We have been so fortunate to live in these times.
  • Like 11

It was awesome spending last night here with all you guys who love Rush as much as I do. It might be the end of an era but we still have 40+ years of great music. We have been so fortunate to live in these times.

Yes, this. And I love the photos of Alex, Neil and Geddy together on stage at the end; I think I'm going to print out the one from Cygnify and keep it! I think I'm going to be napping today though! :) It was so emotional I couldn't sleep for awhile. . .

• Like 5

Yes, this. And I love the photos of Alex, Neil and Geddy together on stage at the end; I think I'm going to print out the one from Cygnify and keep it! I think I'm going to be napping today though! :) It was so emotional I couldn't sleep for awhile. . .

It was after dawn before I got to sleep. I was so wired.

• Like 2

great meeting all of you!

and what a night! wrapped up 60 Rush shows starting with AFTK in '77. I got emotional a couple of times (Losing It!) but I spent the majority of the evening with an ear to ear grin just trying to soak it all in. Anything after this is gravy. Oh and Jonathan Dinklage was sitting a few seats down from me during the 2nd set. I gave him a thumbs up and he mouthed "thank you" :)

Here is another shot of the TRF gang :haz:

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/Fatorgan/IMG_5343_zpsttpwipaj.jpg

• Like 8

I was up late, too. I feel like I've been beaten all over by ga-nomes with baseball bats. Worth it, though: last night was a blast. If I can start getting regular sleep again, maybe I'll be ready for the fall academic term.
  • Like 3