Los Angeles, CA Periscope Thread - August 1, 2015

tomhealey

This is pretty much all I've known since 1989!!!! Well, at least I got my 19 shows in over the years. Thanks to Periscope to help soften the blow. This is really tough to deal with though. As I look around my room with posters and other memorabilia I've collected for the past 26 years, it's tough to swallow.

It's not like that stuff is going to go away. Keep enjoying it.

Couldn't periscope, but holding back tears even thinking that may have been it.

They're just the f***ing best. And will be forever.

• Like 1

I'm completely numb right now and really trying to hold back tears... Just the sincerity in Geddy's voice got me... "And I do hope we'll meet again sometime..." I do too, Ged... I do too.

"And I do hope we'll meet again sometime.... <ahem, NEIL>"

By the way.. It didn't work. The more I think of it, the worse it gets, and I've completely lost it...

I'm completely numb right now and really trying to hold back tears... Just the sincerity in Geddy's voice got me... "And I do hope we'll meet again sometime..." I do too, Ged... I do too.

Yeah, he can't take us all on. As a nation we need to get together and force....I mean gently steer him to the studio to start a new album. You know after a reasonable amount of time....like 2-3 weeks.
  • Like 2

amazing to see Neil come out to bow with the guys, even Ged was surprised!! I love this band and I sure do hope we will see them in some form again...just fantastic to see this tonight. thanks scopers, especially Bill. Tom hope you enjoyed it too!
  • Like 6

This is pretty much all I've known since 1989!!!! Well, at least I got my 19 shows in over the years. Thanks to Periscope to help soften the blow. This is really tough to deal with though. As I look around my room with posters and other memorabilia I've collected for the past 26 years, it's tough to swallow.

Definitely not. It's just different knowing there's less and less chance of any new material like we're used to hearing.

I sincerely hope a video boot of this whole show makes an appearance on youtube or something.

I was just thinking that myself. That's the most kickass version of Working Man that they've ever done.

• Like 3

Oh my God, I choked up when Neil came forward!

Everyone here was just like, "What?!" I found the picture taking part more interesting than the bow.

Any celebrity sightings DU??

• Like 1

By the way.. It didn't work. The more I think of it, the worse it gets, and I've completely lost it...

Sorry man, it is an emotional night. For me, it's been fandom since 1981. 49 shows. Travelling with friends to many of them. It ignited my lifelong passion and career in music. Which in turn is how I met my wife, etc etc. All circumstances, I know. But Rush's inspiration has been a factor that set me on a path of Finding my way.....

by the way, I was at the Philly show with you (in your signature!) That was a great one - but you should count yourself lucky - you saw the next show in Newark and saw Losing it!

• Like 6

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ec1572f50/images/portfolio-afterparty-photography-wedding-photographer-burlington-vermont-vt-photojournalism-documentary-wedding-28-1.jpg

http://album.partyflock.nl/2698325_1416298374.jpg

Edited by goose

Sorry man, it is an emotional night. For me, it's been fandom since 1981. 49 shows. Travelling with friends to many of them. It ignited my lifelong passion and career in music. Which in turn is how I met my wife, etc etc. All circumstances, I know. But Rush's inspiration has been a factor that set me on a path of Finding my way.....

by the way, I was at the Philly show with you (in your signature!) That was a great one - but you should count yourself lucky - you saw the next show in Newark and saw Losing it!

Yessir... Only been a diehard fan for a couple of years, but I have to say these guys saved my life and brought me out of the darkest places and have been there to celebrate all my triumphs, every step of the way... I'm so thankful to come across such a piece of culture and divine wisdom.

• Like 5

Definitely not. It's just different knowing there's less and less chance of any new material like we're used to hearing.

I don't think the door was ever closed on that.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope a video boot of this whole show makes an appearance on youtube or something.

I was just thinking that myself. That's the most kickass version of Working Man that they've ever done.

I was rooting for Alex to keep extending the solo so the show wouldnt end. Keep going Lerxst! Keep going!
  • Like 8

Totally agree. My 1st venture into Rush was 'Moving Pictures' on cassette Summer 1981. I then spent that fall going backwards into their music, seeing them in concert for the 1st time and growing up, with them.

It has not hit me yet, it will, they helped me through alot of tough times.

They have been friend, inspiration and even guidance to a whole bunch of us.

• Like 4