New Iron Maiden album - Book of Souls

New Nightwish, Toto, Paradise Lost, Lacuna Coil preparing new material and now Iron Maiden all in one year?

2015 is simply too good to be true!

I dont know about the others but that Toto is good. Decent. Its no Seventh One or Hydra but its at least as good as Tambu or IV. Just wish they hadnt squashed it. Listened to it in the truck, sounded great then listened to it on phones and OMFG. People say that CA sounds bad should hear this one.

If the songs were better i could enjoy it more. So hard with all the filler.

I think the new Toto album is really consistent and not much if any filler at all. Seems like they worked and crafted each song and they all stand alone well and flow together as an album as well.

I think Toto absolutely does that with each release. Sometimes it works great sometimes not but they do craft a good album each time out. Consumate professionals.

• Like 3

I'm not sure about the artwork it looks a bit weak, there's not a lot to it, and what the hell is Eddie doing, going African?? And it sort of reminds me of the X-Factor.

It couldn't be any worse than DoD. But yeah it does look a bit naff.

You beat me to it. How DOD passed inspection is beyond me. But that album has one of my all time favorite songs: Paschendale...such a great job of evoking that battlefield from the soldier's perspective. Love it!

Yeah that album cover is like a bad mock-up cover done by a student in photo shop.

I like this quote from wikipedia

The computer-generated cover art was provided by David Patchett, who allegedly asked for his name to be removed from the album's credits after the band decided to use an unfinished version.

• Like 1

Gonna say it: Toto released one of the best albums of their career, and they are second only to Iron Maiden for me when it comes to old school artists modern studio work!

Toto XIV is filler free, and as much a throwback to their early sound as much as it is a modern rock album!

The production to my ears sounds great, but in all honesty I have mainly listened to the Japanese edition with the bonus track.

But I have faith that Iron Maiden may have just announced the release of my favourite album of 2015, and I am saying this with amlot of confidence as Nightwish just released my favourite album since 2011. It's that good!

New Nightwish, Toto, Paradise Lost, Lacuna Coil preparing new material and now Iron Maiden all in one year?

I dont know about the others but that Toto is good. Decent. Its no Seventh One or Hydra but its at least as good as Tambu or IV. Just wish they hadnt squashed it. Listened to it in the truck, sounded great then listened to it on phones and OMFG. People say that CA sounds bad should hear this one.

Are you a Toto fan?

And which songs are filler? For me, Burn took a while to hook me (now its possibly my favourite) and 21st Century Blues left me very, VERY cold the first few times I spun the album!

I'm not sure about the artwork it looks a bit weak, there's not a lot to it, and what the hell is Eddie doing, going African?? And it sort of reminds me of the X-Factor.

You beat me to it. How DOD passed inspection is beyond me. But that album has one of my all time favorite songs: Paschendale...such a great job of evoking that battlefield from the soldier's perspective. Love it!

Paschendale might be my favorite song from them since Bruce's return. Such an epic track and it does paint a great picture of what the soldiers must have felt and been going through. Brilliant song!!

I get chills during the "Home, far away" part.

• Like 2

Paschendale might be my favorite song from them since Bruce's return. Such an epic track and it does paint a great picture of what the soldiers must have felt and been going through. Brilliant song!!

I get chills during the "Home, far away" part.

Yes! And that last line: feel the blood run down my throat...

• Like 1

:haz: :haz: :haz:

THERE'S ducky! Took you long enough!

I was eating! :hail:

That makes sense...it's got to take forever to eat in Britain. First you have to prepare yourself for what you're about to do, then cut it, put it in your mouth, swallow it before it touches your taste buds, and then psych yourself up all over again. And if you actually chew it, be ready to double the time it takes to get through the ordeal.

• Like 2

I suppose one thing in it's favour is that Eddie looks more like Eddie again.

Not to mention the Maiden logo reverted back to the classic era logo. It's quite subtle, but the extended ends of the "M", "N", and "R" were removed post-Virtual XI.

I think the new Toto album is really consistent and not much if any filler at all. Seems like they worked and crafted each song and they all stand alone well and flow together as an album as well.

I think Toto absolutely does that with each release. Sometimes it works great sometimes not but they do craft a good album each time out. Consumate professionals.

I agree. Just busting SM chops a bit...inside joke between us

• Like 1

I just noticed the track "Tears of a Clown"

Smoky Robinson must be proud

Yeah that title is a very suspect. You'd think one of them would realise it's already a familiar song title and go "naaa we can't call it it that and it sounds crap as a metal song title!" Even Marillion couldn't get away with that one.

• Like 3

The cover is fantastic. The best looking Eddie face in YEARS. What it lacks in context (backgrounds, namely) it makes up for with great detail. Better than the last fuckwit cover of theirs.

"Fuckwit's" a bit harsh, IMO. I thought it was kind of cool.

• Like 1

I wonder if Eddie's look will have anything to do with the lyrics on the album. What is he this time, anyway? He looks like a native from Papua New Guine

I was discussing this with my bro. To me, he's an amalgam of natives belonging to New Guinea, South America, possibly Africa, and maybe New Zealand.

I wonder if Eddie's look will have anything to do with the lyrics on the album. What is he this time, anyway? He looks like a native from Papua New Guine

I was discussing this with my bro. To me, he's an amalgam of natives belonging to New Guinea, South America, possibly Africa, and maybe New Zealand.

Maybe "The Book Of Souls" is located in one of those places?

The cover is fantastic. The best looking Eddie face in YEARS. What it lacks in context (backgrounds, namely) it makes up for with great detail. Better than the last fuckwit cover of theirs.

"Fuckwit's" a bit harsh, IMO. I thought it was kind of cool.

Not sure I am sold on the cover but I will buy it for the music.

I had to laugh at this!!! Some guy posted a link to a fake song off the new album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUwfLzqzRA

Apparently this band´s actual name is Attic Demons, and they sound more like Maiden than Maiden themselves!!!

Edited by Rod in Rio
  • Like 2

I had to laugh at this!!! Some guy posted a link to a fake song off the new album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUwfLzqzRA

Apparently this band´s actual name is Attic Demons, and they sound more like Maiden than Maiden themselves!!!

Wow! That's quite a likeness