Who Has The Best Avatar?

Turbine Freight

Janie's has to be my favorite. I also covet Mike/Rush Revisited's MP avatar. Dibs if he ever decides to give it up!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/thatssotrue_com_1257_1329759570.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/self_high_five.gif

Tina Fey!!!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/A14dkes_zpszkzsgbz3.gif

• Like 2

So Fordgalaxy has the best AV?

:huh:

Wait, wat?

This was my 18,000th post?

Ah, nuts!

EDIT: No, it was the one about lesbians. Thank God!

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

Actually, what's up with the Himmler thing? Seems a little f***ed to me

It's just a picture of a historical figure. Does everything have to be sending a message?

We don't need to remember him. If he had had his way, families like mine would not be here.

But he didn't and here you are.

What about the axiom "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"? I'm not glorifying him or what he did, just using a picture I find interesting. tumblr_nkaygaQK0j1uoemp0o1_500.png

It's just a picture of a historical figure. Does everything have to be sending a message?

you put a guy like that in your avatar and it sends a message that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole.

So now I'm an asshole just because I used a prominent Nazi as an avatar? Shouldn't you at least read some of my posts and try to make a more informed decision? Are people so touchy that simply looking at a picture is so objectionable that they label the person using it? What if I had the Piss Christ display? Or maybe they "art" of a picture of Jesus smeared with elephant crap? Would that offend your delicate sensibilities too?

aaaaaaand...CONFIRMED!

I never said that I was offended, only that your avatar makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole. this post makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're a DISINGENUOUS asshole.

at the very least, man, you should own it.

I wan't going to post any thing,

But you guys need to lighten up. It is only a picture and I have already talked with him about it. BTW, do you think life would be better off forgetting past evil in the world? And the evil that is now present around the world? It should never be forgotten. Would you bi*** at me for watching a documentary on Hitler?

I've never heard of anyone using an avatar to represent something they hate. Have you?

This isn't about forgetting evil. I've seen plenty of documentaries on Hitler, I've read Shirer's book and another 900 page biography on him (Toland, maybe?) The thought crossing my mind of using any of these POSs as my avatar is the same as there is that I'll wear a shirt with Che Guevara's picture....zero.

Who cares,

Its only a picture. He has his reasons and your judging some one you don't even know. I despise the Hitler regime just like most. Does that mean they should close the tours at Auschwitz?

That's (the Auschwitz references) is completely different as has been noted above.

I'm not even saying he should have to change it although the admins have that right. I'm just saying that it's offensive and that it says more about him than the ones objecting to it. And as far as stimulating conversation is concerned, are there really two sides to any argument about f***ing Himmler?

Tell me,

What does it say about him? Has he bragged about the Nazis and shown his love for them?

So far the only comment I remember reading about Himmler (and I will be glad to apologize if I'm wrong) is that the "man" was an interesting historical figure. If you make a comment about Himmler that stops with "he was an interesting historical figure" as if nothing more needed to be said, I believe that says something right there, none of it good. As a matter of fact, Himmler isn't even a particularly interesting historical figure, there's no nuance there, just pure evil, a cardboard cutout of a "human being".

So what,

Define interesting for me? It could mean many things. Like I posted before, an artist decides to paint a subject that they think is interesting. Good or bad. Should he/she be slammed for it? It doesn't mean they admire the subject. People need to lighten up and not be so sensitive to a silly avatar.

Please let's move on to someone more important in historical terms.

Not from this board, but I fing love Townshend.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/avatar-2508_zpsem3j7xdz.jpg

• Like 4

We don't need to remember him. If he had had his way, families like mine would not be here.

What about the axiom "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"? I'm not glorifying him or what he did, just using a picture I find interesting. tumblr_nkaygaQK0j1uoemp0o1_500.png

you put a guy like that in your avatar and it sends a message that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole.

So now I'm an asshole just because I used a prominent Nazi as an avatar? Shouldn't you at least read some of my posts and try to make a more informed decision? Are people so touchy that simply looking at a picture is so objectionable that they label the person using it? What if I had the Piss Christ display? Or maybe they "art" of a picture of Jesus smeared with elephant crap? Would that offend your delicate sensibilities too?

aaaaaaand...CONFIRMED!

I never said that I was offended, only that your avatar makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole. this post makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're a DISINGENUOUS asshole.

But you guys need to lighten up. It is only a picture and I have already talked with him about it. BTW, do you think life would be better off forgetting past evil in the world? And the evil that is now present around the world? It should never be forgotten. Would you bi*** at me for watching a documentary on Hitler?

I've never heard of anyone using an avatar to represent something they hate. Have you?

This isn't about forgetting evil. I've seen plenty of documentaries on Hitler, I've read Shirer's book and another 900 page biography on him (Toland, maybe?) The thought crossing my mind of using any of these POSs as my avatar is the same as there is that I'll wear a shirt with Che Guevara's picture....zero.

Who cares,

Its only a picture. He has his reasons and your judging some one you don't even know. I despise the Hitler regime just like most. Does that mean they should close the tours at Auschwitz?

That's (the Auschwitz references) is completely different as has been noted above.

I'm not even saying he should have to change it although the admins have that right. I'm just saying that it's offensive and that it says more about him than the ones objecting to it. And as far as stimulating conversation is concerned, are there really two sides to any argument about f***ing Himmler?

Tell me,

What does it say about him? Has he bragged about the Nazis and shown his love for them?

So far the only comment I remember reading about Himmler (and I will be glad to apologize if I'm wrong) is that the "man" was an interesting historical figure. If you make a comment about Himmler that stops with "he was an interesting historical figure" as if nothing more needed to be said, I believe that says something right there, none of it good. As a matter of fact, Himmler isn't even a particularly interesting historical figure, there's no nuance there, just pure evil, a cardboard cutout of a "human being".

So what,

Define interesting for me? It could mean many things. Like I posted before, an artist decides to paint a subject that they think is interesting. Good or bad. Should he/she be slammed for it? It doesn't mean they admire the subject. People need to lighten up and not be so sensitive to a silly avatar.

We're just going around in circles here, so I'm out.

Maybe fordgalaxy and you can continue this thread by having a fascinating discussion about what an interesting man Himmler was. :wacko:

aaaaaaand...CONFIRMED!

Who cares,

Tell me,

So what,

We're just going around in circles here, so I'm out.

Maybe fordgalaxy and you can continue this thread by having a fascinating discussion about what an interesting man Himmler was. :wacko:

Your insane :laughing guy:

No, No I don't. I personally like the one's that are humorous. I'll take a look around and make a post in the spirit of the original intent. Anyone have Hitler in theirs? Stalin? Pol Pot? Amin? :16ton:

• Like 3

According to Wikipedia, Himmler was quite an interesting person. He rather quickly rose in the Nazi ranks and was "one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany and one of the people most directly responsible for the Holocaust". So yes, he was interesting but also one of the worst human beings on the planet at the time. It also goes on to say that as the war was ending he recognized that and tried to initiate some peace talks with Western allies but didn't get much accomplished. He committed suicide in the custody of the British when he broke a cyanide capsule and swallowed/inhaled it. He reportedly was dead within 15 minutes.

So if you believe in a Hell, he is certainly there. Take some solace in that.

• Like 1

No, No I don't. I personally like the one's that are humorous. I'll take a look around and make a post in the spirit of the original intent. Anyone have Hitler in theirs? Stalin? Pol Pot? Amin? :16ton:

We see some Che' from time to time
  • Like 1

According to Wikipedia, Himmler was quite an interesting person. He rather quickly rose in the Nazi ranks and was "one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany and one of the people most directly responsible for the Holocaust". So yes, he was interesting but also one of the worst human beings on the planet at the time. It also goes on to say that as the war was ending he recognized that and tried to initiate some peace talks with Western allies but didn't get much accomplished. He committed suicide in the custody of the British when he broke a cyanide capsule and swallowed/inhaled it. He reportedly was dead within 15 minutes.

So if you believe in a Hell, he is certainly there. Take some solace in that.

Plus,

And this is my thought. What drives a person to do this? What makes a person to be so evil? Was he forced to do it or did he choose it with his own freewill? Thats interesting to me. Its not love or admiration. Its asking the question. Why?

• Like 1

Christ, what have I done?

If anyone thinks he must use a Nazi-arsehole avatar, on a Rush forum, good for him.

Just not my cup of tea. Seems it's just a matter of taste these days. :huh:

http://youtu.be/gAbH8M5ApWE

:outtahere:

• Like 1

Since everybody except Jim Lahey has chimed in I'll spend two cents. The Nazi SS were probably the best dressed mo-fos ever. I'm not some PC softie. I wouldn't post pics of them off topic or in an avatar. I'd certainly change my avatar if it got this much attention. Maybe some old muscle car built in Dearborn.

Just an opinion, you're mileage may vary.

I agree. The Nazi regime was incredibly tidy.

That's not praise but it cannot be denied. Very high standards of dress.

So now your praising them. :LOL:

No. I am not ignorant of facts. The Nazi regime was very structured and looks were important.

Behind the facade was deep cruelty.

Well son,

Praising what they wore isn't exactly hatred. BTW, you wouldn't last two hours where I work. We joke about any and everything. It can get personal at times but we all know its just joking around. Grow a thicker skin. Your not the only one affected by tragedy in life.

Agreed.

I am in the process of changing medication and humour has disappeared and I have been a really ass pain for weeks.

Should we do contest?

• Like 1

Please let's move on to someone more important in historical terms.

Not from this board, but I fing love Townshend.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/avatar-2508_zpsem3j7xdz.jpg

Whoo! :cheers:
  • Like 1

In alphabetical order, these folks come to mind...

Babycat, bluefox4000, Cyclonus X-1, GeddysMullet (could look at that one all day :LOL: ), Janie, librarian, Your_Lion

Thank you! :cheers: I like your avatar also!

Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

Librarians. I could spend ages watching that kitty chase butterfly's.

Thank you! :cheers: It's about never giving up!!!

• Like 4

Janie's are awesome because even though there is a lot of turnover, it's all the same theme.

The more that things change, the more they stay the same.

And Umoveme has pretty consistently been using some Kristen Wiig AV, so that's great, too.

I like the caricature. I never change her. It's always her but usually I change her once a week to something random or something that pertains to a certain post I've made.

I change mine based on the season, or something going on in the world... but it's almost always Homer. He's eating cake now because of my Bday :)

Librarians. I could spend ages watching that kitty chase butterfly's.

Thank you! :cheers: It's about never giving up!!!

No love for Tim??

10645151_432282730267833_641906283056164699_n.jpg?oh=aa305f0b4716cb39782fa844c11fc709&oe=55E8B686

We :heart: Tim! =^..^=

• Like 2

In alphabetical order, these folks come to mind...

Babycat, bluefox4000, Cyclonus X-1, GeddysMullet (could look at that one all day :LOL: ), Janie, librarian, Your_Lion

Thank you! :cheers: I like your avatar also!

You're welcome, and thank you, too! :cheers:

Janie's are awesome because even though there is a lot of turnover, it's all the same theme.

The more that things change, the more they stay the same.

And Umoveme has pretty consistently been using some Kristen Wiig AV, so that's great, too.

I like the caricature. I never change her. It's always her but usually I change her once a week to something random or something that pertains to a certain post I've made.

I change mine based on the season, or something going on in the world... but it's almost always Homer. He's eating cake now because of my Bday :)

I like this. I like keeping the avatar the same character but it asks the viewer to, "look" at it and figure out what it pertains too. Sometimes, when you read a post and the avatar matches, it's almost as rewarding as finding Waldo.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 1