Who Has The Best Avatar?

Turbine Freight

Lady Guin's and Janie's are always good. Troutman's and and Babycat's are iconic.

I change mine a lot, but the one of mine I liked the most is the one I had longest: Cool Hand Luke

• Like 7

Anyone recall what Dick Tree's looks like?... :scared:

Don't think he ever chose one but it should look something like this...

http://px6.streetfire.net/0001/65/29/1885692_600.jpg

Even when you know what's coming you can still laugh from time to time.... :LOL:
  • Like 3

Actually, what's up with the Himmler thing? Seems a little f***ed to me

It's just a picture of a historical figure. Does everything have to be sending a message?

you put a guy like that in your avatar and it sends a message that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole.

Agreed. Whether he likes it or not, its offensive to the memory of millions of victims and even offensive to direct members of this forum.

• Like 2

Even when you know what's coming you can still laugh from time to time.... :LOL:

I'd have worded this differently... Lol

• Like 3

I'l change it then... Never mind. That would be a naughty and there are ladies present. I'll keep my "u" to myself... :codger:
  • Like 1

I'l change it then... Never mind. That would be a naughty and there are ladies present. I'll keep my "u" to myself... :codger:

I laughed...being immature haha

It's just a picture of a historical figure. Does everything have to be sending a message?

We don't need to remember him. If he had had his way, families like mine would not be here.

But he didn't and here you are.

What about the axiom "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"? I'm not glorifying him or what he did, just using a picture I find interesting. tumblr_nkaygaQK0j1uoemp0o1_500.png

you put a guy like that in your avatar and it sends a message that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole.

So now I'm an asshole just because I used a prominent Nazi as an avatar? Shouldn't you at least read some of my posts and try to make a more informed decision? Are people so touchy that simply looking at a picture is so objectionable that they label the person using it? What if I had the Piss Christ display? Or maybe they "art" of a picture of Jesus smeared with elephant crap? Would that offend your delicate sensibilities too?

• Like 2

We don't need to remember him. If he had had his way, families like mine would not be here.

What about the axiom "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"? I'm not glorifying him or what he did, just using a picture I find interesting. tumblr_nkaygaQK0j1uoemp0o1_500.png

So now I'm an asshole just because I used a prominent Nazi as an avatar? Shouldn't you at least read some of my posts and try to make a more informed decision? Are people so touchy that simply looking at a picture is so objectionable that they label the person using it? What if I had the Piss Christ display? Or maybe they "art" of a picture of Jesus smeared with elephant crap? Would that offend your delicate sensibilities too?

:eyeroll:

• Like 3

Any of the avatars where sundog is smiling into the camera :) Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

Any of the avatars where sundog is smiling into the camera :)

Amen brother :cheers: Loveliness no doubt... :)
  • Like 1

If you chose to use a third rate piece of garbage like Serrano's Piss Christ as your avatar it would only prove you have horrendous taste in art. The last truly great piece of sacrilegious art was Dali's parody of the Annunciation, Young Girl Auto-Sodomized by the Horns of Her Own Chastity.

http://i.imgur.com/1SQGHzL.jpg?1

;)

• Like 3

FordGalaxy, men like Himmler destroyed many families, and practically left my grandmother senile with shock and grief for the rest of her life, and my dad, having survived on red parcel packages, never had a decent meal for the first three years of his life. And after the war, for a great deal longer. Prior to the war, this could have never happened.

The trauma left my grandmother so distraught, my dad had to cope with the worst possible childhood. My grandfather lost everything he and generations of his family had worked hard for, and spent decades after the war in deep poverty, with only the shell of a woman as his wife and two sons. Imagine the effect this had on my fathers only male figure to look up to (his brother survived, and old enough to remember and understand, was weak and unable to be much of a reliable role model).

My dad is now 76, and deeply affected by the havoc that tore apart my family, his childhood, and life saw me raised in a very dysfunctional way by a man who loved me but feared his role as a father because, let's face it, the genocidal Nazi regime ruined his parents confidence and pride, affecting my dads ability to understand firsthand how to be the best father he could be, because all he knew was misery, and fatherhood came so late in life for him it was practically impossible to undo the damage and be simply normal. I love him, but my childhood was directly affected because my dad is deeply scarred, by his youth and the eventual death of his ruined parents.

Don't you dare tell me I am sensitive and insinuate that I am foolish or without right to be offended by the casual way you use the image of a man who is solely remembered as a main part of a wicked regime that incarcerated my family for what was to be intended as the rest of their lives, in the process seeing to them losing everything, and then spend live the rest of their lives never once able to regain a feeling of normality or deep rooted happiness.

It might be of interest to you, but if you use as image like Himmler to represent yourself on an online forum, you cannot be surprised that some, with every right afforded to them, will be offended.

Maybe I should the image of a convicted child rapist, just because the picture is interesting.

• Like 9

Some dude has an avatar of a Canadian guy in a space suit. That is just silly. Canadians can't be astronauts.
  • Like 1

Maybe I should the image of a convicted child rapist, just because the picture is interesting.

I'm sure he'll say go ahead, because it's your intent that matters..

You know what Ford's intent really is? It's to get people bickering... He wants to blow a pseudo-intellectual load all over those who call him a pest "No I'm not! These things are subjective! Moral equivalence! Blah blah blah... Why are you getting offended so easily? Aren't you supposed to be an adult? Control your emotions, let's be mature here... Look at me!"

:eh:

We should ignore it and stop derailing this thread.

• Like 4

You know what Ford's intent really is? It's to get people bickering... He wants to blow a pseudo-intellectual load all over those who call him a pest "No I'm not! These things are subjective! Moral equivalence! Blah blah blah... Why are you getting offended so easily? Aren't you supposed to be an adult? Control your emotions, let's be mature here... Look at me!"

Hit a nerve...

And once again I mouth off

It seems to me like he wants to be all "2edgy4u"

http://i.imgur.com/iWbpyhG.gif

• Like 3

My oh my, I thought you were just a simple spammer with a strange fascination for Dr Krieger's wife.

That was deep yo...

Hit a nerve...

No, you explained yourself well.

• Like 3

Let's self indulge a bit :LOL:

My favorite avatars of my own usually are of comic characters, particularly Calvin.. These seem to stay the longest

2011: http://i.imgur.com/PvShDsG.png this year: http://i.imgur.com/Lqh0EA7.png

Anime characters (they aren't always gifs, but in this example they both are)

http://i.imgur.com/x8Yjfdx.gif <-- that's probably the most obnoxious avatar I've ever had, 2011(?)...

http://i.imgur.com/tVlyZIn.gif this year

Then there's album art, which is always nice

2012 http://i.imgur.com/gt7q8IW.png 2014 http://i.imgur.com/aSPQp68.jpg multiple years: http://i.imgur.com/PRjwqU2.jpg

• Like 1

Hit a nerve...

Leave the bait alone whether or not it is intentional or not my friend. It's his to choose his own avatar as it is ours to choose our own. Just my 2 cents...
  • Like 2