Perhaps they did play The Fountain of Lamneth

taurus

That Jan. 10, 1976 Massey Hall set list has been given the firm thumbs down and rightly so, but I came upon this article and while not definitive proof, it is a rare scrap that offers up the possibility of TFOL being played on stage.

http://theconcertdatabase.com/sites/theconcertdatabase.com/files/1975-11-04sdsr.gif

• Like 5

"Perhaps they might do well to follow the course of Nazareth"...

NOT!!!!!

:LOL: follow nazareth's path and you'll be playing gigs at nursing homes and amusement parks

• Like 2

Hmmm...so Neil's lyrics are too good. OK...

any song that isn't about new york, heroin, or broken hearts is "pretentious"

Edited by bathory
  • Like 5

"Perhaps they might do well to follow the course of Nazareth"...

NOT!!!!!

:LOL: follow nazareth's path and you'll be playing gigs at nursing homes and amusement parks

There are times when i wish rush had followed in nazareths path.

I could see them play the early stuff in a small venue for $20!

• Like 2

This could be a good plot for either the next Dan Brown book or Indiana Jones movie. To try and discover the lost Lamneth live tapes.
  • Like 1

That was really interesting!

Sure, he at that point in time had much to say against Rush, but my goodness you could really tell he wanted the best for the band! And in all honesty, 2112 delivered better produced and written epics, and fairly dumb lyrics...bet he stayed a fan.

Did they also play Rivendell? I don't believe hearing of that being played live. This makes me believe in what callmejim said earlier, he's probably quite confused between what he heard live and what he heard in the album. I understand Tobes of Hades, Didacts and Narpets and Bacchus Plateau being singled out from their overarching epic (though why Mecromancer wasn't broken I don't know), but the fact that he also listed Rivendell in what I believe may easily have been on the setlist in the Caress of Steel 'Down the Tubes' tour

That article says nothing about what was played live because the guy obviously wasn't paying attention. The show was a loud mess of scary noise for this poor reporter.. he probably cheated on his assignment, I can see him sitting there reading the album cover looking for things to make fun of..
  • Like 4

In the Lighted Stage doc Alex recalls how they played COS to Paul Stanley and he 'didn't get it'.Playing stuff like FOL and theNecromancer would have been going down the tubes.They should have got rid of that weak,pretentious drummer and just rawked.But then they did that 2112 thing.Seriously I would have loved to have heard FOL live in the day but i could imagine that it would it would be rest room time for a lot of people.

In the Lighted Stage doc Alex recalls how they played COS to Paul Stanley and he 'didn't get it'.Playing stuff like FOL and theNecromancer would have been going down the tubes.They should have got rid of that weak,pretentious drummer and just rawked.But then they did that 2112 thing.Seriously I would have loved to have heard FOL live in the day but i could imagine that it would it would be rest room time for a lot of people.

Gene Simmons didn't get it as soon as Neil joined. (Despite the nice things he said in the doc.)

That Jan. 10, 1976 Massey Hall set list has been given the firm thumbs down and rightly so, but I came upon this article and while not definitive proof, it is a rare scrap that offers up the possibility of TFOL being played on stage.

http://theconcertdatabase.com/sites/theconcertdatabase.com/files/1975-11-04sdsr.gif

I'm guessing the guy took a random quote from the album liner notes, without particularly caring whether it was actually played or not. The overall tone of the review suggests that he wasn't paying close attention to detail.

• Like 4

I'm guessing the guy took a random quote from the album liner notes, without particularly caring whether it was actually played or not. The overall tone of the review suggests that he wasn't paying close attention to detail.

yeah got to be, panacea and screaming really don't go together at all!