Why I Hate Moving Pictures

Lorraine

I think MP is just fine the way it is. Wouldn't add to it, wouldn't cut from it.

Witch Hunt has always been one of my favorites. Love the eerie, creeping intro, and the synths are my favorite aspect.

The lyrics are sweet as well, I especially enjoy the verse "Quick to judge, quick to anger........". Really rings true for most people I encounter in life.

Probably #5 overall in my Rush album rankings.

Moving Pictures is awesome and Witch Hunt happens to be one of the stronger pieces on there. If you guys wanna talk about hating albums, let's talk about the Debut!

No can do. I like the debut but I accept it for what it is, early, raw pre-Neil Rush. I can play it from start to finish.

• Like 1

Excellent interview with Neil explaining each song. I especially like his statements about Limelight, being an introvert myself.

Thanks, I enjoyed that. I could listen to Neil go through and explain every single album in that fashion.

Ouch on the Witch Hunt posts^^^^. The best lyrics ever and the song paints a picture. Just my opinion.... :)

Best lyrics ever? Interesting...up against things like Natural Science, or Between the Wheels, or...hmmm, any number of others?

Interesting.

I'm not saying they're subpar at all. Just not anything that stands out to me that much, compared to several of Neil's others.

Hey just my opinion as I stated.... Behold :madra:

http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/da85bb413a48f8cdd3feb0a9f7e4abe9.png Play Music http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/1d64ab1bb7315113c5647de42d17a2cb.png http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/c56e288db2ce297a23bc2b80627143d8.png

"Witch Hunt"

The night is black

Without a moon

The air is thick and still

The vigilantes gather on

The lonely torch lit hill

Features distorted in the flickering light

The faces are twisted and grotesque

Silent and stern in the sweltering night

The mob moves like demons possessed

Quiet in conscience, calm in their right

Confident their ways are best

The righteous rise

With burning eyes

Of hatred and ill-will

Madmen fed on fear and lies

To beat and burn and kill

They say there are strangers who threaten us

In our immigrants and infidels

They say there is strangeness too dangerous

In our theaters and bookstore shelves

That those who know what's best for us

Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge

Quick to anger

Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice

And fear walk hand in hand...

I'm with you Narp. Witch hunt is amazing! The mood they strike in that song is just wicked! :haz:
  • Like 1

Excellent interview with Neil explaining each song. I especially like his statements about Limelight, being an introvert myself.

Thanks, I enjoyed that. I could listen to Neil go through and explain every single album in that fashion.

Yes. That's when he's at his best.

Moving Pictures was the beginning of the end - if we're including live albums, it doesn't even make my Top 10

Put the pipe down and just step away.
  • Like 5

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was: who started this thread?

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

How quickly we forget... :P

I admit that when I saw the thread title just now, just for a split second, I thought it was a new one. But then I saw the volume of replies, and had the 'a-ha' moment. And it all came back.

A few interesting replies, though, since last night.

• Like 1

I can't imagine such a thing but nothing surprises me around here anymore.... :eh:

Nothing surprises me either. If we have Hemispheres haters, we have Moving Picture haters as well.

Popcorn? :popcorn:

Who said Hemispheres hater??

http://media.giphy.com/media/deCRqCkEin7iw/giphy.gif

• Like 2

I agree with whomever called "Vital Signs" the weak link of the album. They should've saved that one for Signals where it would've fit better.

"Witch Hunt" is awesome and, if anything, is too short. It always bugged me that Alex doesn't stretch that ending solo out longer live.

ah.......the first REAL rush album.................yea.........neil's insane.

lol

Mick

I forgot he said that, but you are right. Moving Pictures is when Rush began. Everything before that is like a child's finger painting hanging on a fridge. Or something like that.

• Like 2

lol

Mick

I forgot he said that, but you are right. Moving Pictures is when Rush began. Everything before that is like a child's finger painting hanging on a fridge. Or something like that.

If Neil hated the earlier more prog stuff that much.......Why the hell was he there.

not stirring.

it's a good question.

Mick

• Like 1

lol

Mick

If Neil hated the earlier more prog stuff that much.......Why the hell was he there.

not stirring.

it's a good question.

Mick

I don't think he meant it in a derogatory way. I think he means when Rush became a band that everybody noticed and they finally reached an point when artistic and finanical and cultural goals converged. They broke from the pack and stood alone as their own product. They could call their own shots.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1