Digital Man

Lorraine

124 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the song?

• Love it!
    • Wouldn't say I love it, but I do like it.
    • Dislike it.
    • Hate the song.

The boss ("73") says he turned it on as a joke. Isn't he funny? :LOL: :lol: :LOL: ;)

A real card as we oldsters used to say.... :)
  • Like 1

Wonder what he has planned for us for tomorrow? :)

Can't wait. 73 is on a roll. The speed of the site. Then the comical post limits. I couldn't even fathom what could be around the corner.... :codger:

Who am I?

I don't get it. The Weapon is a much better song than Digital Man. Why do so many people like Digital Man? I mean, it's ok, but it's no The Weapon. I'm listeing to it right now, and all I can think about is how much better The Weapon is. Digital MAn is a good song, but it sucks compared to The Weapon.

To coin a phrase, it's all about that bass, 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass.

:geddy:

Lyrics are good, too.

• Like 1

Not the best on Signals but a damn tricky song to play.Its tricky rhythmns are very similar to what the Police were doing .Alex was on an Andy Summers trip with shimmering suspended chords ( no Red Barchetta power chords here) and Geds bass is walking all over the place.Listen to Walking on the Moon.I remember reading that fans booed because they started playing Police and Ultravox on the PA before shows.BTW Alex aquired the Fender Telecaster at the time of GUP.It's used on the rythmn part of Kid Gloves.So it would be a strat on Digital Man.Alex got back into humbuckers(dual coil pickups) on counterparts.

This song is one of my favorites, the solo is freaking amazing! Oh yeah and geddys crazy bass parts also...

I love the entire solo section - how it starts quietly with Lee's unique take on the walkin' bass and those isolated chords, and it slowly builds to the point where Peart announces the start of the solo with those distinctive Peartian buzzrolls or whatever they're called. It's one of those rare moments in latter Rush where they're all playing cool interesting parts at the same time and you wish you had a third ear . . .

• Like 1