Digital Man

Lorraine

124 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the song?

• Love it!
    • Wouldn't say I love it, but I do like it.
    • Dislike it.
    • Hate the song.

Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are great records but I was ready for a change of direction when T4E came out. Apparently so was the band. Like Broon I would have pushed back against the synth stuff.

I love it so much it was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar. It took for FOREVER as a beginner to get the opening riff but I did it . I still struggle to play it . The ole finges get confused when you don't play for a while. It is my second fav from that album.Subdivisions being first. The guitar solo is one of Alex's last shreds and I still cant get it right after all these years. I especially love the wubbwubbwubb synth at the end. Great stuff!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love Signals and yes it was me who helped usher :rush: into the synthesizer age. I bought Signals the first day it was on sale and played it to death. Signals was a masterpiece .
  • Like 3

I love it so much it was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar. It took for FOREVER as a beginner to get the opening riff but I did it . I still struggle to play it . The ole finges get confused when you don't play for a while. It is my second fav from that album.Subdivisions being first. The guitar solo is one of Alex's last shreds and I still cant get it right after all these years. I especially love the wubbwubbwubb synth at the end. Great stuff!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love Signals and yes it was me who helped usher :rush: into the synthesizer age. I bought Signals the first day it was on sale and played it to death. Signals was a masterpiece .

^ I could swear this is referring to The Analog Kid.

Rather than start a new thread, you will never guess what my husband said to me last night.

He said: "Geddy has a goofy voice!" :o :o :o

My reaction to his uneducated comment surprised even me. Not since that arrogant jazz musician made the remark to me about Steely Dan's lyrics did I become so indignant.

• Like 2

Not since that arrogant jazz musician made the remark to me about Steely Dan's lyrics did I become so indignant.

Understandably!

Was it a particular vocal that made him say that, or was it just a general comment?

Rather than start a new thread, you will never guess what my husband said to me last night.

He said: "Geddy has a goofy voice!" :o :o :o

My reaction to his uneducated comment surprised even me. Not since that arrogant jazz musician made the remark to me about Steely Dan's lyrics did I become so indignant.

:o ... My better half has never and wouldn't go there....
  • Like 1

He said................................

"Tom Sawyer."

:o :o :o

You should throw on ATWAS for him. He will blow a gasket or ask you why are you listening to Janis Joplin.... :facepalm:
  • Like 2

"Tom Sawyer."

You should throw on ATWAS for him. He will blow a gasket or ask you why are you listening to Janis Joplin.... :facepalm:

I told him "If you think that's bad, you should have heard his voice in the seventies."

"Tom Sawyer."

That is pure insanity.

No one, but NO ONE, can sing that song but Geddy Lee. Even for those who call it overplayed, overheard, whatever...it is still one of Rush's signature tunes.

• Like 1

"Tom Sawyer."

That is pure insanity.

No one, but NO ONE, can sing that song but Geddy Lee. Even for those who call it overplayed, overheard, whatever...it is still one of Rush's signature tunes.

I agree. I told him that.

• Like 1

He didn't even know Tom Sawyer was off of Moving Pictures.

I'm pondering divorce proceedings.

At least he knows Quadrophenia like the back of his hand I bet?.... :)

Are you kidding??? He doesn't even know that I love it. In fact, he doesn't even know what it is.

Are you kidding??? He doesn't even know that I love it. In fact, he doesn't even know what it is.

Like mine. A marriage made in heaven.... :)
  • Like 2