Is By-Tor and the Snowdog that out of the question?

Alchemical

It's not a very intensive song on Geddy's vocals as shown on the VT tour (Unfortunately I was just a bit too young and wasn't quite aware of Rush yet at the time. :( )and it's a helluva fun tune and one of the first Rush songs that got me hooked on the boys...

I just don't want them to call it quits without performing By-Tor one last time. Call me selfish! :P

Do you have that "one song" you absolutely must hear live before they call it quits?

Edited by Alchemical
  • Like 1

I think By-Tor is a possibility...at least, part of an instrumental medley.

I would love to hear Natural Science one more time.

So let it be written, so let it be done....

• Like 1

Xanadu by a wide margin. Haven't heard it for 10 years, time to bring it back out. It was my first Rush song, and I want it to be heard on the last tour, if that's what this is.
  • Like 3

Jacob's Ladder

Natural Science

Xanadu

Cygnus X-1

La Villa Strangiato (I've seen it done, but it's been a long, LONG time, for me)

By-Tor

The Camera Eye

If they play any of the above, I'll totally besmirch myself. There are some others, too...I would have included Hemispheres, but I think the chances of that are just about zero.

• Like 1

It's not a very intensive song on Geddy's vocals as shown on the VT tour (Unfortunately I was just a bit too young and wasn't quite aware of Rush yet at the time. :( )and it's a helluva fun tune and one of the first Rush songs that got me hooked on the boys...

I just don't want them to call it quits without performing By-Tor one last time. Call me selfish! :P

Do you have that "one song" you absolutely must hear live before they call it quits?

I don't think you realize how downhill Ged's voice has gotten since Rush in Rio. It's funny what over 10 years can do, especially when going from 50 to 60. Right now I think he would have some trouble with By-Tor, though not as much as he would with other songs.

That being said, I am definitely down to hear By-Tor this tour.

As for that one song that must be played...that's a tough one. Cut To The Chase, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato. Any of those.

By Tor is totally in the cards and IMO going to be played this tour. It's a fan favorite live. And IMO they will play a lot of fan favorites as well as theirs. A few deep nuggets, but nothing like the last tour or Snakes in terms of deep cuts.

I just think we will hear a nice mix of tunes we have not heard a long while (Xanadu, By-Tor, The Trees, Distant Early Warning etc) with a ton of standard live staples. I am extremely excited for this tour and envision an onslaught of Rush hits with everyone singing and jamming to every song like we did on the Vapor Trails tour.

I want that energy and urgency from the Vapor Trails tour. The feeling that this indeed may be it and all the fans know it and we rock with the boys harder than ever before. Because quite frankly the last two tours the crowds have been tame by Rush standards. This tour...get off your hands and rock people!!!!!

Edited by Todem

I don't think you realize how downhill Ged's voice has gotten since Rush in Rio. It's funny what over 10 years can do, especially when going from 50 to 60. Right now I think he would have some trouble with By-Tor, though not as much as he would with other songs.

As for that one song that must be played...that's a tough one. Cut To The Chase, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato. Any of those.

I thought he was in a great form all 4 shows I saw him on for the Snakes and Arrows Tour (both legs) I think the real downfall came after that tour.

I thought he was in a great form all 4 shows I saw him on for the Snakes and Arrows Tour (both legs) I think the real downfall came after that tour.

Yes, I agree as well. But the OP was talking about in context with around Vapor Trails and R30.

• Like 1

The one song I must hear live before they call it a career is:

Jacobs Ladder

It is my one really true bucket list Rush song. As much as I love side one of Hemispheres, I know that was shelved after that tour forever. But Jacobs Ladder is a truly epic, brooding, atmospheric Rush song which entails some of Alex's finest riffs, some of Neils most complex beats and a killer killer bass line. I really hope and pray they can recaputre the magic of that song in rehearsals. Because I am almost positive they have tried this song in rehearsals for tours past but have not been able to recapture that moment and represent the song the way it deserves to be.

I can't blame the band for shelving it for that reason. I totally understand that.

But one can hope for a spark of magic that reignites the energy and feel needed to pull that tune off again. Here is to hope.

• Like 1

I would love to hear with my own ears for the first time or again:

In The Mood

By-Tor and the Snowdog

Lakeside Park

2112 (all)

Entre Nous

Natural Science

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

(Anything off of Signals)

The Body Electric

Mystic Rhythms

Open Secrets

Anagram (For Mongo)

Bravado

Cut To The Chase

The Colour of Right

Vapor Trails

The Garden

I've never experienced Ghost Of A Chance in concert....and that makes me sad. :(

:( Didn't catch them in '08?

I saw the Snakes & Arrows show in '07, when they were playing Entre Nous. Didn't catch the '08 leg.....and that made me sad.

But I did get to see them have a trainwreck when playing Circumstances. That was cool! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I don't just want By-tor piddley edition, I want full fledged By-tor AND full fledged Xanadu dammit!

And I want Twilight Zone, beneath between and behind, something for nothing, Cinderella Man, and both books of Cygnus by god...

I know they keep saying they want to keep looking forward, but a 40th anniversary is THE time to look backward. Oh please oh please oh please!