Rate Yourself As A RUSH Fan

Lorraine

I am about a 7. Im not like one of those fans on the Documentary nor am i a drooling fanboy who just loves everything they do. But Ive bouhht the entire catalog 3 times now but I don't most of the video releases and didn't get R40. I've seen Rush 4 times and 2 wereon the same tour. From Counterparts to Vapor Trails I probabaly didn't listen to them at all

Rush is my favorite music act right alongside Floyd and Zappa. I don't know where it puts me in relation to other fans but is probably sufficient.

I've never thought of it before but....

I have seen them in 4 different cities.

Been to 8 shows, and the only band that has had me choked up during their set.

Been a fan since 1980, fell out for a bit during PW and HYF (both of which I have since really gotten into, must be getting older lol)

Have a tat ;)

Not too much for merch, outside of the vinyl ,shirts, etc.

So I'll say about a 9.

Probably a 6.

Never seen them live and don't really have much in terms of merch.

But I do listen to and enjoy almost every album, even Presto and Snakes & Arrows which are hated by many.

• Like 1

I'm the numerical equivelent of pi...3.14159...yadda, yadda, yadda. But then again, I've been know to be an irrational number.

But seriously folks...

Got all the albums, go to every concert I can (lately), merch emmm no I'm too old for rock n roll tshirts. I buy every original album but I don't fall for the box set money grab. One of my top favorite bands but it don't drool over any of them.

• Like 1

I'd rate myself a 6. Maybe 7 but that's being generous. I Love the period from Hemispheres through presto. I do own every album and DVD. Some Vinyls. Skipped on the cashgrab.........um i mean rush 40 boxset. and HAPPY i did. I REALLY dislike RTB Through CA......with a pass for Snakes. Which is where my points drop off a bit, lol. So i love the band.........but i don't kiss their ass, lol I'm also skipping the r40 tour cause i can't stand another arena show.

Mick

I was a 10 until Permanent Waves came out...then dropped down to about a 7 over the 80s...down to a 5 in the 90s...I'm probably a 3 for this century's output.

This is kind of me to be honest. I think I appreciate the 80's more but the rest is pretty spot on....

I am a solid 8. A whole point off for not having them as my favorite band (They hold spot number 4 for me), half a point off for not liking the odd song here and there, and half a point off for not devoting every single dollar I have to memorabilia.

I don't know what number I'd give myself, but I openly and genuinely refer to them as my favourite band in the world, especially in communities where they're not cool. I constantly advocate on the band's behalf with people who are not fans, and sometimes I even bring them over to liking them! I also honestly have some OCD, so I'm the kind of person who remembers a lot of trivial information about the band, and I am always feeling like I want to but in with "Well, actually, they didn't play that on that tour..." and similar comments, but I hold back mostly. :) I'd definitely self-identify as a Rush Nerd, if I had to.
  • Like 1

What's the rating for loving everything up to & including Signals & hating everything that came afterwards?

10?.... :huh: :LOL:
  • Like 1

What's the rating for loving everything up to & including Signals & hating everything that came afterwards?

Wouldn't that automatically qualify as a 5? :)

Probably so...

Probably so...

There was a time that would have fit me, but I've learned to appreciate the later stuff.

Probably so...

There was a time that would have fit me, but I've learned to appreciate the later stuff.

I was always good up to Power Windows...
  • Like 1

I'm not going any farther, I listen to them too much and i'm taking a small break from them so they don't become too stale.