Do the Pre-Sales really provide better tix?

Ron2112

I try the presales or wait until the day of the show. Looking at brokering tickets in-between those two. Having said that landed 4th row and front row the day of the show and it was great. Worth the risk-they sound a lot better from the middle/back of the arena than being up front so....

I have found that better seats start to pop up about 30 to 45 minutes into the pre sales. 3 years in a row I l get tickets in the first 10 minutes but would be 40 rows back. Last couple of times it was the same story but kept checking and ended up with tix within the first 15 rows.

I'm going to the show at the First Niagara Center in June, it will be my first one! I was thinking of getting something on Geddy's side like 116 or 117, what do you recommend?

I got Row 5 on Alex's side for the Buffalo show in 2012 just by doing the regular pre-sale. I kept turning around and thinking "Hehe...there are about 10 rows of VIP people behind me!" But other than that, the last few tours I've usually ended up in Row 16 or 17 for the other shows I've gone to. Still a great view. I'm too much of a cheapskate to go VIP.

Hi, can you tell me if the VIP ticket includes a meet and greet? If not, can someone tell me how to purchase a meet and greet ticket? Thanks.

No they don't. AFAIK, you can't purchase them. You can win them through The Backstage Club or locally.

You don't get better seats with most pre-sales. All it does is guarantee that you will be able to get tickets before they go on sale to the public which can work to your advantage if the show sells out quickly. Other than that, any pre-sale i've taken part in (except for Iron Maiden because they take care of their fans) you just get whatever tickets come up like usual.

This is Rush we're talking about so...

I've never been closer than 17th row with the pre sale. Didn't do any better day before the show. May have to go VIP this time.

Then you may end up all the way up in row 15. :eyeroll: Not sure why anyone would pay that kind of coin not knowing where their seat would be until they get the tickets.

• Like 1

I've never been closer than 17th row with the pre sale. Didn't do any better day before the show. May have to go VIP this time.

Then you may end up all the way up in row 15. :eyeroll: Not sure why anyone would pay that kind of coin not knowing where their seat would be until they get the tickets.

This time they've got it 10th row or closer but the price is higher.

I've never understood that either. If i'm spending over $300 for just one ticket, I better damn well know where i'm sitting upon purchase.

• Like 1

I've been around the 8th-15th row quite a few times via a pre-sale or regular sale. Have also gotten better seats on the day of the show via the box office. Not going to pay that much more to be closer to guys I've seen for years and already know what they look like (and they ain't getting any better looking). Plus, the sound quality is almost always worse when you're that close.

• Like 1

If you are in a BIG city, like NY, presale is definitely the way to go. Deciding tonight if I want VIP or regular presale. Taking my 16 year old, so 2 VIP tix will run over $800. Ouch

I've been around the 8th-15th row quite a few times via a pre-sale or regular sale. Have also gotten better seats on the day of the show via the box office. Not going to pay that much more to be closer to guys I've seen for years and already know what they look like (and they ain't getting any better looking). Plus, the sound quality is almost always worse when you're that close.

Sound kind of depends on the venue but for the most part you're right. I've gotten some pretty good tickets a couple of days ahead when they've released more tickets.

I'm debating... last show I was in section A - CA tour NJ PRU CTR. Paid $$$ - but totally stressed out and angry by the end of the show from craning to see in between people and standing on tiptoes to see the stage. I'm 5ft 8!

I had a better time at MSG Lower Mez. For TM tour.

This is another chance or maybe last chance to sit up close, but I just don't know if I want to spend a lot and be aggravated and disappointed again. (pity party) dang!

I'm debating... last show I was in section A - CA tour NJ PRU CTR. Paid $$$ - but totally stressed out and angry by the end of the show from craning to see in between people and standing on tiptoes to see the stage. I'm 5ft 8!

This is another chance or maybe last chance to sit up close, but I just don't know if I want to spend a lot and be aggravated and disappointed again. (pity party) dang!

What I meant to say was - I don't think so.

I'm not paying $400 dollars for front row (First Niagara price). I'd gladly pay $100 to sit in the cheap seats. I'll still enjoy the f**k out of the show. It's not like it'll make my life worth living to make eye contact with Geddy for a split second
  • Like 6

What I meant to say was - I don't think so.

I'm not paying $400 dollars for front row (First Niagara price). I'd gladly pay $100 to sit in the cheap seats. I'll still enjoy the f**k out of the show. It's not like it'll make my life worth living to make eye contact with Geddy for a split second

Exactly. I had row 20 floor at Target Center (Minneapolis) for CA, cost about $115 and I had a blast (even though I'm also 5'8 :D ) St. Paul this time is $146 for general tix, and though I'd like to get closer, it's not worth nearly triple the money to me.

I'm going to dissagree with the pundits here. If you want up close VIP is the way to go. I've done it 4 times and if you do it immediately will get the first 3 rows. They were all awesome. All my friends sat there and clicked best available for twenty minutes and go no where close. Can you randomly get lucky? Yes, but while you are throwing tickets back usually you are just moving further and further back as they sell----and it is stressful and sucks.

With that said, my shows a Monday night and the wife can't go so I'm going with a buddy and just getting the best available this time, probably on the lower side.

• Like 2

How close can you get with the most expensive tickets?

The best VIP pack guarantees a seat in rows 1-10 I believe

Just ordered my tickets on the presale. $127 per ticket got me Row 11 on Geddy's side. Can't wait?

Is there a pw for the presale?

I've sat in the cheap seats and the 3rd row. All awesome. But, I find in an arena, its really nice to be in the lower bowl, front half, to really experience the whole show in the best way. Ironically, being close is great to see them, I guess, but the show is better experienced with a little distance (stage, lights, etc.).

The thing about this tour is, especially in the northeast, is that their renewed popularity (all the hipsters are going to go), their popularity with newer younger fans, and the announcement that this may be it with large shows is going to bring people out of the woodwork in force. In Philly, we have one show, and I'll bet it will be packed to the rafters.

All of this means, to me, to try and go presale and get decent lower bowl seats.

Not with Rush, but I've been totally hosed by presales before, like selling me far back corner seats, just so they can sell them in advance and have the better seats available to the public, so they'll have a better chance of selling out. Never again.