Signals- good or bad?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Signals- good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Never listened
    • The Weapon is the only song i listen to on the album

Countdown is the only dud in my view...

I like it.....just like it......maybe it should have been put on a compilation.......my problem is it does not fit on the album.

Mick

"Countdown" has a nice groove. It sounds like a demo to my ears. A good demo.

Signals is not a good album....

IT'S ONLY ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THAT RUSH EVER PUT TOGETHER!!! SUBDIVISIONS, NEW WORLD MAN, THE WEAPON, LOSING IT, COUNTDOWN ALL AMAZING SONGS!!!!

• Like 1

Signals is not a good album....

IT'S ONLY ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THAT RUSH EVER PUT TOGETHER!!! SUBDIVISIONS, NEW WORLD MAN, THE WEAPON, LOSING IT, COUNTDOWN ALL AMAZING SONGS!!!!

Countdown is the only dud in my view...

I like it.....just like it......maybe it should have been put on a compilation.......my problem is it does not fit on the album.

Mick

"Countdown" has a nice groove. It sounds like a demo to my ears. A good demo.

A literal ode to the Space Shuttle. Worst idea ever as a subject for a rock song.
  • Like 1

Signals is a middle-of-the-pack album for me. Subdivisions and The Analog Kid are incredible songs, and after that I feel it goes a bit downhill. Still, every song on the album is pretty good, so nothing to complain about here.

Do you think Signals is a good album, or a bad album. I feel like the album is put down so much because it was more driven towards synth after Moving Pictures.

Signals is one of my all time favorite albums

I just said on the HTF Thread that I absolutely hated this album when it first came out. I almost had a few tears in my eyes because I thought it was so bad. Fuckking keyboard pop album, with minimal guitar and drums fills.

Well of course over the months it finally hit me. The album is EPIC.

"Signals" is a great fuckking album.

I hope they play "Losing It" next year. Along with a "Fly By Night" heavier version and "Jacob's Ladder."

• Like 2

I actually think Signals is my least favourite album from CoS-Presto.

And for all the stick Presto gets for bad songs, I would say every song on Presto is better than Chemistry or Digital Man.

And I hate the production on Signals. I think they were right to send Terry Brown packing as Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are much nicer sounding records.

The production of Signals leaves me very cold.

Obviously I await someone responding to this with an overtly sensitive vibe or critique on how much I suck.

I love Signals . Perhaps though it's something to do with the fact that it was the album I had been waiting to buy as a new Rush Fan back in 82, I discovered the best band in the universe in 81 and tried to buy every record in the back catalogue but living in Ireland back then I was not able to get every one of them mainly because they were import only at that time, so as it was a new release I eagerly awaited and was rewarded, I seem to recall the media desperately trying to deem Rush as A rip-off of the Police with New world man, I was not having that!
  • Like 1

In late 1982 I would have said it was disappointing. They were losing the cool progressive guitar trio and going more mainstream.

Now, I like the album a lot. Amazing how the years can change your mind...and after hearing what came afterwards.

I actually think Signals is my least favourite album from CoS-Presto.

And for all the stick Presto gets for bad songs, I would say every song on Presto is better than Chemistry or Digital Man.

And I hate the production on Signals. I think they were right to send Terry Brown packing as Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are much nicer sounding records.

The production of Signals leaves me very cold.

Obviously I await someone responding to this with an overtly sensitive vibe or critique on how much I suck.

You don't suck. I'll just say......everything you said applies to p/g for me. production, songwriting. Hate that record.

but hey....opinions, right.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1