Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

Eagle, can you play this on the bass?

If she can, I can complete the rhythm section. Armageddon is actually the toughest segment, for me. But if you all might cut a non-professional musician just a little bit of slack...

(This means neither sharp pencils nor ranting booth, for Mick).

• Like 1

A question for all.... Do you think even Permanent Waves and/or Moving Pictures could generate this much overwhelming love and attention?

Permanent Waves would blow out Hemispheres in a poll. With that said HEMI is still chock full of good music.

Changed my vote...

Did Mick threaten you?

Nah, I wanted to be #100, but got #101. I actually love the album, just wanted to see what people said about the minority

I can only speak for myself, but anything said about anyone that voted no was and is said in jest. Although I do admit that I find it hard to understand how anyone could not like it.

• Like 1

Changed my vote...

Did Mick threaten you?

Nah, I wanted to be #100, but got #101. I actually love the album, just wanted to see what people said about the minority

I can only speak for myself, but anything said about anyone that voted no was and is said in jest. Although I do admit that I find it hard to understand how anyone could not like it.

i 2nd that. Both points.

Mick

• Like 1

Eagle, can you play this on the bass?

If she can, I can complete the rhythm section. Armageddon is actually the toughest segment, for me. But if you all might cut a non-professional musician just a little bit of slack...

(This means neither sharp pencils nor ranting booth, for Mick).

Piece of cake. :)

• Like 2

Permanent Waves would blow out Hemispheres in a poll.

A poll is now posted to test that notion.

I don't know if the problem is my computer, but the page won't load for me. In the meantime, I have listened to both albums and am ready with my answer.

Permanent Waves would blow out Hemispheres in a poll.

A poll is now posted to test that notion.

I don't know if the problem is my computer, but the page won't load for me. In the meantime, I have listened to both albums and am ready with my answer.

What??? Hemispheres is like nine hours long. You listened to both already?

Also you can't comment on the poll. At least i can't.

I've a feeling Permanent Waves get's the nod in that battle though. Which i've no problem as the record's a beast.

The thread will need to be pinned so as to not suffer a disadvantage from HEMI poll.

Edited by JohnRogers

Hems is flawless. I may prefer other albums but on paper it cannot be faulted.
  • Like 4

I like Hemispheres enough but it is not in my Top Five Rush Albums, probably not in the Top Ten either.

Not top ten? That makes me think whihc ones I like better...

In no particular order...

Debut

Caress of Steel

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Vapor Trails

Presto

That's only nine for me. Oddly, in the past year I've listened to Hemsipheres way more than those others, because I had it in the car and it's on my I-Shuffle. Side 2 of Hemispheres rocks.

Edited by goose

I didn't listen to Hemispheres until the snowy winter of 80/81 and it was magical. Takes me back to my 1st year of college. Going to an arcade late night after working in a restaurant kitchen, playing Missile Command and Asteroids. I love playing hemispheres on a cold snowy winter nigbt! Sorry to ramble, but just came back from a 3 margarita dinner !! :)
  • Like 3

Y'all think I'm joking, but I'm not.

This hurts. My epic Hemispheres thread relegated to this section.

Well this gives me the opportunity to again seriously say that Hemispheres is a great record. Despite my teasing and jabbing of HEMI fans.

• Like 1

Y'all think I'm joking, but I'm not.

This hurts. My epic Hemispheres thread relegated to this section.

Just because it has been moved, it doesn't take anything away from its epic nature. I just re-read all 1100-some odd posts. (Well, sort of :LOL: ).

I just re-read all 1100-some odd posts. (Well, sort of :LOL: ).

Somebody has a hobby!

;)

Fixed. ;)

This thread is an epic amount of fun!

All anyone needs to do is to click View New Content and it's all in one category anyway. Doesn't really matter where it's originally posted.