Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

Hems is now back in my top ten, and it is climing!

Very interesting...

I think you should devise some type of Segue-meter, just for this thread...where anytime someone wanted to check in to see how it's faring with you, he or she would just have to look at the Segue-meter... :LOL:

What has made it improve? Are you feeling more connection to it?

I am trying to pay attention to the vocal melodies, Geddy's phenomenal range, and the lyrics. I have read a lot of comments on this song, and Lorraine has posted sections of beautiful lyrics, so today I shall once again let it play and wash over me. I love a good challenge, and I think my issue with it is I am so used to Rush music being immediate, I am not used to them needing replays.

Plus, I really love side 2, so it isn't like I am punishing myself. Its just that it is the only Rush album from CoS to Presto that I have absolutely no emmotional connection with on any level at all! Even Signals, my least favourite, has three of the most wonderful songs I have ever heard (The Weapon, Losing It, Countdown).

• Like 2

Very interesting...

I think you should devise some type of Segue-meter, just for this thread...where anytime someone wanted to check in to see how it's faring with you, he or she would just have to look at the Segue-meter... :LOL:

I am trying to pay attention to the vocal melodies, Geddy's phenomenal range, and the lyrics. I have read a lot of comments on this song, and Lorraine has posted sections of beautiful lyrics, so today I shall once again let it play and wash over me. I love a good challenge, and I think my issue with it is I am so used to Rush music being immediate, I am not used to them needing replays.

Plus, I really love side 2, so it isn't like I am punishing myself. Its just that it is the only Rush album from CoS to Presto that I have absolutely no emmotional connection with on any level at all! Even Signals, my least favourite, has three of the most wonderful songs I have ever heard (The Weapon, Losing It, Countdown).

It's a great day on The Rush Forum. :D-13:

And I've got a good idea for a new thread which should generate a lot of arguments discussion. :)

• Like 1

Very interesting...

It's a great day on The Rush Forum. :D-13:

And I've got a good idea for a new thread which should generate a lot of arguments discussion. :)

Yes! Yes! Pretty please?.... :cheers: :cheerleader: :madra:

Of course I love Hemispheres, like all the Rush albums, but there is still 14 albums which are better than this one. Cygnus and La Villa are just average songs but The Trees is very good and Circumstances is one of the best tracks in '70 era. Edited by Zer

Of course I love Hemispheres, like all the Rush albums, but there is still 14 albums which are better than this one. Cygnus and La Villa are just average songs but The Trees is very good and Circumstances is one of the best tracks in '70 era.

No comment other than to say that anyone who thinks Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Cygnus and La Villa are "average" songs ought to get their ears checked.

• Like 3

Of course I love Hemispheres, like all the Rush albums, but there is still 14 albums which are better than this one. Cygnus and La Villa are just average songs but The Trees is very good and Circumstances is one of the best tracks in '70 era.

No comment other than to say that anyone who thinks Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Cygnus and La Villa are "average" songs ought to get their ears checked.

Actually, I think that's a perfect comment!

Maybe we can get a few more votes if I resurrect my little epic thread for an epic album.

I think you should do that... :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

Two 'no' votes?

I don't even remember who they were, now.

Ah, well. Variety is the spice of life, and all that.

I wonder how much mileage we could get out of a 'Do you like Clockwork Angels?' thread?

Hems will forever be in the lower rungs of the great Rush albums, just above p/g, both of which lack warmth and life.

:LOL:

We hear things very differently.

• Like 1

Hard to believe we could once get a thread like this to 63 pages.

:rfl:

What's so funny?

63 pages for a simple question... I guess that makes it a juicy poll