Loved Beyond a Lighted stage except for - - -

nicky6

Agreed. Not sure I was such a fan of those parts of it. I did enjoy the other "artists" however.....

I may be the minority on this one but I love Jack Black and Tenacious D. Very funny stuff. I was glad to see him on the show. As with Matt Stone. He makes fart jokes for a living too

Agree. Black is a gigantic talent, musically unhinged in many ways. See his film "Bernie"--WOW!!!

• Like 2

I love Jack Black in general, and I think he's awesome in Beyond the Lighted Stage. I thought he had really good stuff to say, and I loved hearing him sing TSOR haha Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

Jack Black is obnoxious

He's not as cool as he thinks he is. His "charisma", for lack of a better word, is more like itching powder.

I didn't mind the Jack Black interview so much, though I do agree his singing TSOR was a bit cheesy. All in all, i liked what he had to say, and came away from it thinking he is a true Rush fan. I'm 99% sure he was either tripping or really high on some amazingly good weed though. :LOL:

The part of BTLS that bothered me twas when Neil said that Moving Pictures was "when Rush became Rush". As if everything prior to MP was worthless. :wtf:

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 6

I enjoy Jack Black, both in the doc as a unique interviewee, and in general as an actor.
  • Like 1

I didn't mind the Jack Black interview so much, though I do agree his singing TSOR was a bit cheesy. All in all, i liked what he had to say, and came away from it thinking he is a true Rush fan. I'm 99% sure he was either tripping or really high on some amazingly good weed though. :LOL:

The part of BTLS that bothered me twas when Neil said that Moving Pictures was "when Rush became Rush". As if everything prior to MP was worthless. :wtf:

I think he means that with Moving Pictures they no longer wore their influences on their sleeve, so to speak.

• Like 6

Anyone who talks about Rush with enthusiasm is part of the club...and cool by me.
  • Like 4

yes they really didn't cover roll the bones at all.

There's more in the outtakes. It's pretty short, there was really no reason to leave this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1if66GHVnUA

That was cool, hadn't seen it. The rap was "pure satire" Ged?? That's revisionist history, you know when they put it out they thought it was super cool.

• Like 3

Man you said it . I absolutly loathe jack black. I would rather gargle razor blades and drink rubbing alcohol then see him in anything. And Sebastian Beirk ( Bach) made a spectacular ass of himself also in the Doc. I forget the mistake he made.,Maybe it was the quote in french from Circumstances. I don't understand the appeal of Jack Black and that stupid band he has with that other idiot he works with. Just edit his peices out everytime I see him I just want to sceam .

I enjoyed BTLS but haven't viewed it twice. I look back on that time and it seems as though that documentary was simply a capstone of their at the time rising popularity. It seems surreal looking back at how popular they became there for a year or so. I even had people I work with mentioning Rush to me because they heard it coming from my speakers or commenting on a tour shirt I was wearing, etc. I still don't understand where that sudden spark of interest came from. I remember their material even showing up in some commercials around the same time. Edited by Snyder80