Things You Can't Say To Hardcore Rush Fans

ThatLightInYourEyes

Their last well produced album was produced by Terry Brown...... :unsure:

Well...I'd say P/G was well produced. Much better than Signals. And Counterparts and T4E are great sounding, even if the material isn't the greatest.

If you’re an adult then you should have a thick enough skin so anyone can say anything to you and you won’t fly off the handle.

:yes: Bingo. You know, I'm glad I created this thread. It reminds me that I came to the right fan group. Basically, we can have our own opinions and get on with our own lives... even if nobody's perfect.

• Like 1

Oh yeah I'm a huge Rush fan, love their early stuff, their work between 2112 and Moving Pictures is legendary, that album after it that has Subdivisions on it is alright - bit too synthy for my tastes - and all their stuff after that is total shit, I hate Rush.

Narpski?
  • Like 1

Oh yeah I'm a huge Rush fan, love their early stuff, their work between 2112 and Moving Pictures is legendary, that album after it that has Subdivisions on it is alright - bit too synthy for my tastes - and all their stuff after that is total shit, I hate Rush.

Narpski?

Not naming names ;)

• Like 1

on the night i first played my vhs of a show of hands back in the early 90s, my wife at the time and mother of my kids said "is that fat ponce the alex lifeson you go on about then"

Honest to god and i kid you not, the two of us werent meant to be together forever and i knew that, just different people really but, that single comment triggered something in my head i knew would lead to divorce.

And thankfully it did, just a few months later.

Stupid bitch :)

By the way a show of hands still my own personal live recording and Al looks super cool in it so f*ck her even now, well rid.

• Like 1

on the night i first played my vhs of a show of hands back in the early 90s, my wife at the time and mother of my kids said "is that fat ponce the alex lifeson you go on about then"

Honest to god and i kid you not, the two of us werent meant to be together forever and i knew that, just different people really but, that single comment triggered something in my head i knew would lead to divorce.

And thankfully it did, just a few months later.

Stupid bitch :)

By the way a show of hands still my own personal live recording and Al looks super cool in it so f*ck her even now, well rid.

I'm lucky my husband and I both have a crush on Alex, though of different sorts. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Where's Zumbi? I am certain he could fill an entire page with what not to say to a hardcore Rush fan. :ph34r:

Second that emotion.... :codger: :ph34r: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

"Oh yeah, I forgot there was the longer version of 2112. I was only remembering the radio edit..."

No joke, this was said to me by a friend of mine, being another Rush fan, a few days ago...

pretentious.

yeah...

as an avid enthusiast of devote musicians, this word alone is enough to get me to walk the other way.

That is the one word that gets under my skin, too.

• Like 1

I love it when people say that " only musicians like Rush".... Or the whole " self indulgent" tag.. Annoys the shit out of me.. As if Rush only writes stuff like La Villa and YYZ

pretentious just means "I didn't get it" or "the song's too long!"

Yeah, it's such a hilarious description. From my experience, a lot of musicians / artists are pretensious in some way

I love it when people say that " only musicians like Rush".... Or the whole " self indulgent" tag.. Annoys the shit out of me.. As if Rush only writes stuff like La Villa and YYZ

what band isn't self-indulgent

• Like 1

"I think Adam Clayton is a better bass player..." :eh:

Van Halen isn't....

Wait...

Yea....when you make music aren't you yourself indulging in music?? lol

I'm just thinking, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Van Halen isn't....

Wait...

they, along with everyone else who has ever made music, are self-indulgent