Things You Can't Say To Hardcore Rush Fans

ThatLightInYourEyes

Hemispheres is the worst album they ever did and is full of pretentious wankery.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/Thud.gif

• Like 4

I don't get this thread. are we sharing our own unpopular rush opinions?

I'm not sure how the original poster intended it, but I think it's turning out as a pointless mishmash of unpopular opinions meant seriously, sarcastic or hyperbolic opinions meant as humour or provocation, and opinions that may or may not actually be opinions :LOL:

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 4

I don't get this thread. are we sharing our own unpopular rush opinions?

I'm not sure how the original poster intended it, but I think it's turning out as a pointless mishmash of unpopular opinions meant seriously, sarcastic or hyperbolic opinions meant as humour or provocation, and opinions that may or may not actually be opinions :LOL:

same

Hemispheres is the worst album they ever did and is full of pretentious wankery.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/Thud.gif

Even if it's a joke... this hurts.

• Like 3

2.) You really don't have to agree with Ayn Rand to be a fan. By the time the band released Power Windows during the Reagan Era, it was clear that Neil Peart lost that view himself. So don't think that Neil doesn't wish he had a time machine so he could go back and take that dedication off of the "2112" liner notes. He will never live that s**t down, so try to at least not make it worse.

Why do you even need to justify it or invent explanations where you pretend he's embarased about it. Wow, Neil liked someone's ficitonal novels that place importance on idvidiuality and isn't a communist! Shocking! I voted for Obama twice, but this is just mind numbing how far liberalism has been high jacked by nutcases form what it's actually suppoed to represent. The problem is with the people who think just becuase you don't want the government conotrolling you and telling you what to do means you are a Nazi skinhead is the problem. The fact there were people and critics who thought Rock and Roll had to be Marxist is what people should be mocked.

Edited by Megalon

2.) You really don't have to agree with Ayn Rand to be a fan. By the time the band released Power Windows during the Reagan Era, it was clear that Neil Peart lost that view himself. So don't think that Neil doesn't wish he had a time machine so he could go back and take that dedication off of the "2112" liner notes. He will never live that s**t down, so try to at least not make it worse.

Why do you even need to justify it or invent explanations where you pretend he's embarased about it. Wow, Neil liked someone's ficitonal novels that place importance on idvidiuality and isn't a communist! Shocking! I voted for Obama twice, but this is just mind numbing how far liberalism has been high jacked by nutcases form what it's actually suppoed to represent. The problem is with the people who think just becuase you don't want the government conotrolling you and telling you what to do means you are a Nazi skinhead is the problem. The fact there were people and critics who thought Rock and Roll had to be Marxist is what people should be mocked.

Neil and the band have continually defended their appreciation for Rand, though they feel the need to qualify it now and say that they appreciate the vision of integrity and individualism for artists.

Here is something a non fan can say to a hardcore fan to get slapped.

"Rush?... Oh yeah Rush I like Tom Sawyer"

:facepalm:

Me: There is so much more, get listening already

(Throws Power Windows, A Farewell To Kings, Permanent Waves, and Clockwork Angels at the uneducated)

• Like 4

Neil and the band have continually defended their appreciation for Rand, though they feel the need to qualify it now and say that they appreciate the vision of integrity and individualism for artists.

I have zero interest in reading her novels, it's just embarassing I think that people can't let go of the fact that collectivism isn't happening in North America and have to lash out about it at people ironcially like a McCarthy witch-hunt. A lot of past rock criticism from the elitists is a joke that has nothing to do with music. I recall a critic calling Freddie Mercury a fascist for saying he wanted to rock you.

Edited by Megalon

The kimono camel toe picture was SEXY!

• Like 1

The kimono camel toe picture was SEXY!

Gross.

Sexy!

GROSS.

SEXY!!

GROSS!!!!

SEXY!!!!!

:P :P :P

• Like 1

Guess I hit the nail on the head with that one. :LOL:

• Like 2

Yup, like this. :smash:

Yup, like this. :smash:

Ha ha. :LOL:

cant wait to see you in SOCN :)

• Like 1

Geddy can`t sing live very well anymore .

Roll The Bones caused me to have a nervous breakdown when I heard it . (hate all Rap , even tounge in cheek... erm rap )

erm...

I have zero interest in reading her novels, it's just embarassing I think that people can't let go of the fact that collectivism isn't happening in North America and have to lash out about it at people ironcially like a McCarthy witch-hunt. A lot of past rock criticism from the elitists is a joke that has nothing to do with music. I recall a critic calling Freddie Mercury a fascist for saying he wanted to rock you.

to music critics, everything except punk, coffee shop indie and hip-hop is "fascist," "sexist," "right-wing," or "pretentious"