2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

When I said 10 game losing streak, I didn't think it'd be the RedSox... Wheels falling off wagon? :unsure:

:yay: :P

Go Blue Jays! :cheerleader:

It's Memorial Day. Relax.

Nice to see you back CG.

As Rick Pitino would say, "Bobby V isn't walking through that door". I think you used up all your luck last year.

I think the Sox must have borrowed the Cubs' too.

Could be. Enjoy four months of meaningless baseball.

It's OK. I went to a World Series victory parade 7 or 8 months ago. I went to one 6 years before that. And one three years before that.

• Like 1

When I said 10 game losing streak, I didn't think it'd be the RedSox... Wheels falling off wagon? :unsure:

Nice to see you back CG.

Hey Rick :) :hi: Yes, it's good to be back. Had a bit of a rough stretch, but things are looking up. :)

It is early. Still, nice to see a some life in May. It's hard to live in RedSox nation as a Blue Jays fan... :sigh:

• Like 1

Nice to see you back CG.

Hey Rick :) :hi: Yes, it's good to be back. Had a bit of a rough stretch, but things are looking up. :)

It is early. Still, nice to see a some life in May. It's hard to live in RedSox nation as a Blue Jays fan... :sigh:

I just can't seem to get too worked up about baseball until June. In part because I SHOULD be watching the Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals.

• Like 1

I just can't seem to get too worked up about baseball until June. In part because I SHOULD be watching the Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals.

That's why I like living in Wisconsin. No hockey team, the Bucks stink, so we can focus totally on the Brewers.....:LOL:

Nice to see you back CG.

As Rick Pitino would say, "Bobby V isn't walking through that door". I think you used up all your luck last year.

It's OK. I went to a World Series victory parade 7 or 8 months ago. I went to one 6 years before that. And one three years before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8&feature=kp

• Like 1

Nice to see you back CG.

:LOL: "What have you done for me lately" theory.

:LOL: "What have you done for me lately" theory.

Mr. Time is well versed in that theory, as his teams have done absolutely nothing in decades or longer.....but he trash-talks like a trooper..... ;)

• Like 2

Nice to see you back CG.

Umm, OK, if "the past" is the last time a champion was crowned.

Nice to see you back CG.

Looks like you got 5 months left then.

Clay *Steve Blass" Buchholz looked great today by the way.

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

The one that's still in last place.

Hey, when's that Bruins game on?

Edited by laughedatbytime

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

In May. With half the team on the DL. I'm not too worried.

When are you going to make Dustin Brown your av?

Just going to state that the White Sox are my team and wish all others the best of luck. I would be happy if the Rangers have a good season as well.

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

Maybe after this one...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/QUMHBW1Gm8k/0.jpg

Brewers 7

Orioles 6 (10 innings)

All out of position players, the Brewers turn to pitcher Yovani Gallardo to pinch-hit for Francisco Rodriguez in the bottom of the 10th. All Gallardo does is crush a 2-out double into left-center to score Mark Reynolds from 1st base to WIN THE GAME!! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Blue Jays win 8 in a row? Whaaa???

Yes, it is early (though we're about 1/3 of the season done)

Yes, they had an 11-game winning streak last year (and fell apart rapidly after that)

Yes, there is still plenty of time to fall apart (please don't)

Still, I'm happy about this streak and they are performing really well. I'll take it while I can get it. :yay:

• Like 1

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

Maybe after this one...

I personally hope you don't bring your winning ways to the Hawks tonight. Because then they will have won one more game this post season than the Bruins. In response, you can post something about last season, and I can borrow your Tull link.

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

Maybe after this one...

I personally hope you don't bring your winning ways to the Hawks tonight. Because then they will have won one more game this post season than the Bruins. In response, you can post something about last season, and I can borrow your Tull link.

Maybe you could get a job with the Obama administration with your "creative" use of statistics.

But don't worry, there's always next year, and hope that the Bruins' season won't end up the same way 41 of the last 42 have. Or at least that they won't embarrass themselves in the handshake line.

#17 for your Boston Bruins

http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/1393253_10151741245002852_1139613083_n.jpg

Blue Jays win 8 in a row? Whaaa???

Yes, it is early (though we're about 1/3 of the season done)

Yes, they had an 11-game winning streak last year (and fell apart rapidly after that)

Yes, there is still plenty of time to fall apart (please don't)

Still, I'm happy about this streak and they are performing really well. I'll take it while I can get it. :yay:

The Jays are 3 games in the lead in the American East (yes it's early, but like you, I'll take it while I can get it). Mark Buehrle is 9 - 1. The hitting is amazing.. Edwin Encarnacion is on fire. The Rays walked Jose Bautista intentionally last night with a runner on first as they thought that was the way to minimize damage... insane.

This year feels different... a few moves have been made if players don't perform (Rogers sucked in the bullpen so he was sent down to the minors. Dustin McGowan sucked at starter - demoted to bullpen, Ryan Goins not hitting as 2nd baseman - demoted and have Brett Lawrie play 2nd when facing left handers.) We have better catching this year (bye bye to J.P. last year who was disappointing). Reyes is healthy and running/stealing bases like a thief... I'm cautiously optimistic. Go Blue Jays!

Nice to see you back CG.

Which team won?

Maybe after this one...

Maybe you could get a job with the Obama administration with your "creative" use of statistics.

But don't worry, there's always next year, and hope that the Bruins' season won't end up the same way 41 of the last 42 have. Or at least that they won't embarrass themselves in the handshake line.

Maybe the Dolphins or Cubs can come speak to the team about dealing with crushing defeats for decades.

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/50-cent-first-pitch-elite-daily.jpg

You go 50...

That guy is real smart. Yes you make a throw like that and what will people do talk about you and it becomes the lead on some sports channel. Why make a throw like well when you have an album about to drop after many years absence its creates great publicity.

The Brewers applied the 2014 version of the Mercy Rule. Up 11-2 in the 6th, they didn't bother challenging an obvious bad call against Ryan Braun at 1st base.

Brewers 11

Cubs 5

:ebert: :ebert:

Edited by Principled Man