2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

How 'bout the brawl?

http://www.cbssports...os-gomez-triple

Gomez flips the bat and trots...turns out to hit the wall and he legs out a triple. The pitcher calls him out with a few choice words, Gomez flip, and the benches clear.

Who's to blame? Is the culture of not showing up the pitcher ultimately a protection for batters? I imagine the natural inclination to put one in a guy's earhole on his next at bat plays a big role in insisting on some degree of humility.

Gomez was not showing up the pitcher. Whenever Gomez hits a homer, he runs quite fast around the bases. Gomez thought it was a fly ball out.

"I'm not flipping my bat because I think it's a home run. I thought it was an out," Gomez said. "I thought it was a fly-ball out, line drive center field. And I'm kind of like, 'Oh, I had good contact but I don't think it's going out.' It's not like I'm pimping a home run."

Cole barked at Gomez because he misunderstood what Gomez was doing. Gomez barked back, and after everyone came out onto the field, order was being restored. Cole went back to the pitching mound.

BUT THEN, Travis Snider (who had come out of the dugout) went after and attacked Gomez, who naturally defended himself, and the fight was on.

Baseball players should stop being such thin-skinned divas and play ball. If something similar had happened in the NFL, it would have been much to do about nothing..... :huh:

Carlos Gomez got a 3-game suspension....for defending himself. :wtf: He is appealing the suspension.

Travis Snider, the punk who went after Gomez to start the fight, got TWO games. Russel Martin got one game. Both are appealing.

Martin Maldonado, the Brewers' backup catcher, got 5 games (for punching Snider's face in.... :ebert: ). He is not appealing.

• Like 1

A's prevent the squeeze play to preserve the 4-3 win!

Well...there's a jinx. Two out double scores the tying run... :rage:

Base hit up the middle...Texas has the lead.

:fuckinputer: f***ing internet...

Edited by goose

2014 NL Team ERA:

1. Braves 2.16

2. Brewers 2.59

3. Padres 2.70

4. Cardinals 2.82

It's no surprise that the 15-6 Brewers' 5 losses at home this year have come against the Braves, Cardinals, and Padres. :doh:

• Like 1

Yankees starting pitcher ejected for apparent use of pine tar against the BoSox...

http://www.masslive....ed_for_app.html

Doesn't that just break your heart.....?? ;) ;)

• Like 1

Yankees starting pitcher ejected for apparent use of pine tar against the BoSox...

http://www.masslive....ed_for_app.html

Doesn't that just break your heart.....?? ;) ;)

I know, it's not like he called Farrell an anti-Semite and got him fired or anything.

For the record, Pineda should have been ejected and suspended, and I'm glad he's not appealing.

well, after getting swept by the Rangers, there's nothing like another series against the 'Stros to get you back on track!

A's 12-Astros 5. Back on top at 15-8! :dweez:

well, after getting swept by the Rangers, there's nothing like another series against the 'Stros to get you back on track!

A's 12-Astros 5. Back on top at 15-8! :dweez:

A Milwaukee-Oakland World Series would be most excellent....:)

• Like 1

I want to pull my hair out every time the Angels fail to get one game above 500. Would have happened had Frieri not choked against D.C.. :facepalm: Furthermore, Butcher needs to be fired. Blowpen hasn't been the same since Bud Black left. He and Maddon were the real reason the Angels were so good in the 00s. Scioscia is overrated.

Still, it could have been worse. This is the best April I can recall from this team in a looooong time.

Brewers' shortstop Jean Segura suffers big gash under the eye.....right before the game started. :doh:

Braun was standing at the edge of the dugout, waving a bat (fairly slowly) to loosen up. Segura and Braun bat 2nd and 3rd in the lineup, so both were getting ready to go to the on-deck circle. Segura walked right into Braun's bat and took a direct shot to the face. He was taken to the hospital with a gash under the eye....

Go away, bad luck, GO AWAY!!

Edited by Principled Man

I want to pull my hair out every time the Angels fail to get one game above 500. Would have happened had Frieri not choked against D.C.. :facepalm: Furthermore, Butcher needs to be fired. Blowpen hasn't been the same since Bud Black left. He and Maddon were the real reason the Angels were so good in the 00s. Scioscia is overrated.

Still, it could have been worse. This is the best April I can recall from this team in a looooong time.

Evil Empire (East Coast edition) takes down the Evil Empire (West Coast division). Today is a good day. :dweez: Edited by goose

Evil Empire (East Coast edition) takes down the Evil Empire (West Coast division). Today is a good day. :dweez:

Never a good day when the Yankmes win.

• Like 1

Evil Empire (East Coast edition) takes down the Evil Empire (West Coast division). Today is a good day. :dweez:

The Yanks are playing the Dodgers today?

:madra:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001097289/DodgerPissingonAngel_xlarge.jpeg

I thought it was more customary to beat the other teams' fans into comas...

I thought it was more customary to beat the other teams' fans into comas...

Before pissing on them? Yes.
  • Like 1

Brewers 5

Cardinals 3 (12 innings)

Missing Braun and Segura, with hardly any bench players, and playing at their arch-enemy's field, the amazing Brewers still found a way to win..... :ebert:

10-1 on the road so far......AMAZING....

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Brewers 5

Cardinals 3 (12 innings)

Missing Braun and Segura, with hardly any bench players, and playing at their arch-enemy's field, the amazing Brewers still found a way to win..... :ebert:

10-1 on the road so far......AMAZING....

Like, just because any post that involves the Cardinals losing deserves a like...

Yankee fans boo Cano like as if none of them would have taken the guaranteed money like how Cano did.

This may very well be the worst team that the Blue Jays have fielded in a long time. Decent young talent and a few veterans, a weak rotation (Buehrle is the bright spot).

The true problem with the Blue Jays (imo) is John Gibbons. Worst. Hire. Ever. I really wish they'd picked an actual manager (you know someone who doesn't burn up the bullpen on meaningless games, enforce arbitrary pitch counts for starters, makes sure his coaches and trainers are conditioning the players properly so they don't send everyone to the DL over the course of the season, how to play small ball...you know, the little stuff)

:sigh:

And now for the annual tradition of evaluating the Blue Jays prospects for the young baseball season. I'm a little late with the post. My apologies for my tardiness...

Toronto Columnist Writes Annual 'Blue Jays Have A Chance' Article

ETA: my prediction for the season: 72-90 (5th...if we're lucky)

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 1

A's hanging onto their lead in the AL West despite getting blasted back-to-back by the Sox. 1.5 up on the Rangers and a full 3 games up on the Evil Empire (West Coast Edition)

Ha-ha! Take that, Tampa! Bombarded by the Bomber bats!

Go, Yankees! 16-13 and atop the East, right where they belong.

Edited by Disk98