2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Ha-ha! Take that, Tampa! Bombarded by the Bomber bats!

Go, Yankees! 16-13 and atop the East, right where they belong.

Nice game last night!

• Like 1

The true problem with the Blue Jays (imo) is John Gibbons. Worst. Hire. Ever.

Can we coax Cito Gaston out of retirement for a third round as manager? Man, the bullpen sucked again tonight.. Dickey left with a 6 - 2 lead and 1 man on base, and the Jays lose 8 - 6.

• Like 1

Can we coax Cito Gaston out of retirement for a third round as manager? Man, the bullpen sucked again tonight.. Dickey left with a 6 - 2 lead and 1 man on base, and the Jays lose 8 - 6.

I gotta start posting here. Maybe that'll change the Jays' fortunes... :unsure:
  • Like 2

7-2 win over the Pirates today. Only 2.5 games out of first place. :madra:
  • Like 1

The Jays are the only team in the division without a negative run differential.

The first place team is -16.

• Like 1

Welcome to the party, my friend! :madra:

• Like 2

I wish Cito was the answer - I mean at some point, we have to find another manager right??? We can't keep running Cito out every few years after Gibbons tanks... again. :notworthy: Cito :heart:

Posting on this thread *may* help the Blue Jays' fortune. It certainly couldn't hurt... :)

It is going to be a very, very long season. :sigh:

Bad home stand. The Yanks had better get their act together. It doesn't help that Sabathia keeps forgetting he can't throw 95 anymore. :|

The MLB Front Office is finally hearing Carlos Gomez's appeal of his suspension.....this Friday the 9th. Almost three weeks after the incident with the Pirates.

The ruling will then most probably be announced on Monday the 12th....just before the Pirates come to town on Tuesday. Imagine that. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

A's lose, but so do the Rangers. With the Angels and M's close behind, the AL West has four teams within three games for the division lead. Gonna be a fun year!

Jays are on a 4 game winning streak going into tonight's game. Mark Buehrle pitched 7 innings of shutout last night to go to 6 - 1. Things are looking up for the Jays, hopefully they can keep it going! :dweez: :cheerleader:
  • Like 1

Jays are on a 4 game winning streak going into tonight's game. Mark Buehrle pitched 7 innings of shutout last night to go to 6 - 1. Things are looking up for the Jays, hopefully they can keep it going! :dweez: :cheerleader:

Hopefully. It is quite a pleasant surprise, I must admit. :dweez: :)

But, I am nervous about their potential 10 game losing streak (which always seems to follow on the winning streak's heels). They better not be getting "streak-y". :tsk:

If they could only power through AL East teams the way they handled Pittsburgh and Philadelphia...

A's holding on to a slim 1.5 game lead in the AL West...with the Ms in 2nd, .5 ahead of the Rangers. Evil Empire (West Coast Edition) only 1 back of Texas. Pennant fever...can you feel it? :dweez:

A's holding on to a slim 1.5 game lead in the AL West...with the Ms in 2nd, .5 ahead of the Rangers. Evil Empire (West Coast Edition) only 1 back of Texas. Pennant fever...can you feel it? :dweez:

No. I'm a Cub fan.

• Like 1

The Yankees are invading Milwaukee to try and cool down the Brew-Crew…TANAKA TIME! Go Yanks!

Oh, the Crew was pre-chilled this past week, losing series to the Reds and Diamondbacks. They got to Tanaka a bit last night, but Gallardo gave up a 4-spot early. The Brewer offense needs an enema!! :doh:

Good start to the series for the Yankees. But you can't underestimate Milwaukee. I think CC gets the nod tonight. Oh, boy…

YU - WHY OH WHY YU????? Why would you pitch to Big Papi with a no-hitter and 2 outs in the ninth??? Why???? :banghead: :banghead:

Because not doing so would be cowardly and diminish the achievement?

• Like 1

Is Yu the first pitcher ever to lose a no no with two outs in the ninth twice?

YU - WHY OH WHY YU????? Why would you pitch to Big Papi with a no-hitter and 2 outs in the ninth??? Why???? :banghead: :banghead:

Because not doing so would be cowardly and diminish the achievement?

And you would most probably get an asterisk next to your name in the no-hitter record book.....and you would be known forever as the "pussy no-hitter" guy.....:doh:

A's blast the Nationals 8-nil, keeping that firm grasp on the AL West lead!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/232/1/c/oakland_athletics_oaktown_by_devildog360-d5bqag6.jpg

Good start to the series for the Yankees. But you can't underestimate Milwaukee. I think CC gets the nod tonight. Oh, boy…

Brewers 5

Yankees 4

Good game, Disk! It was a nerve-racking game all the way. Frankie Rodriguez tried to blow the lead TWICE in the 9th, but he got lucky. CC let a couple of pitches hang in the zone......and he got some major ovations from the still-grateful home crowd..... :notworthy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1