2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Good start to the series for the Yankees. But you can't underestimate Milwaukee. I think CC gets the nod tonight. Oh, boy…

Brewers 5

Yankees 4

Good game, Disk! It was a nerve-racking game all the way. Frankie Rodriguez tried to blow the lead TWICE in the 9th, but he got lucky. CC let a couple of pitches hang in the zone......and he got some major ovations from the still-grateful home crowd..... :notworthy:

Brewers 6

Yankees 5

Bottom-o-9th, Walk-off hot grounder just past the 3rd baseman by Mark Reynolds with 2 outs and an 0-2 count to score Rickie Weeks from 3rd base. WOW..... :o

This is exactly the style of play that drives me NUTS with the Blue Jays. Streaky! :rage:

:sigh:

• Like 1

Is Yu the first pitcher ever to lose a no no with two outs in the ninth twice?

I saw something about this Saturday morning, but I wasn't paying close enough attention. There might have been two, including Darvish, in the last 40 or 50 years.

Is Yu the first pitcher ever to lose a no no with two outs in the ninth twice?

I saw something about this Saturday morning, but I wasn't paying close enough attention. There might have been two, including Darvish, in the last 40 or 50 years.

Here's what I found. Nothing about two outs, just the ninth inning. That doesn't seem right, though, I would think there would be more than that if it was all of the ninth inning.

Darvish has made history in one sense. He is the third pitcher in MLB history to lose a no-hitter in the ninth inning twice, joining Bill Burns of the Washington Senators and Dave Stieb of the Toronto Blue Jays. It seems like only a matter of time, though, before Darvish breaks through and leaves the mound in joy, rather than frustration.

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/north-american-sport/texas-rangers-yu-darvish-just-short-of-history-again#ixzz31Ye3C3tU

Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook

At Fenway last night (a beautiful night) and the Blue Jays won! :dweez: RedSox lose 6 in a row! Buckholz looked terrible (4 runs on 9 hits in 4 and 2/3...ouch).

The Blue Jays actually looked pretty good which is a welcome sight. :yay:

• Like 1

At Fenway last night (a beautiful night) and the Blue Jays won! :dweez: RedSox lose 6 in a row! Buckholz looked terrible (4 runs on 9 hits in 4 and 2/3...ouch).

The Blue Jays actually looked pretty good which is a welcome sight. :yay:

Today, the Jays completed the sweep of the 3 game series by beating the BoSox at Fenway.. take that John Farrell ! nya%20nya.gif If NYY looses tonight, the Jays are solo first place, if NYY win, the Jays are still tied for first place. Jays lead AL in home runs and their offence is hot. Pitching has improved and things are looking good. Go Jays go. :cheerleader: :banana:

• Like 3

The Jays beat the A's 3-2 and maintain their lead in the American League East.. :dweez: :chickendance: :haz: :madra:

1.5 game lead over Baltimore. Keep the winning streak going, boys! :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:
  • Like 1

The Jays beat the A's 3-2 and maintain their lead in the American League East.. :dweez: :chickendance: :haz: :madra:

1.5 game lead over Baltimore. Keep the winning streak going, boys! :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

8-2 in their last 10 :eh:

:D :ebert:

• Like 2

Toronto 5 Oakland 2 :chickendance: Blue Jays increase their lead in the division to 2 games. :cosmo:

I was at this game today. (sitting 30 rows behind the Oakland dugout) R. A. Dickey pitched awesome. The Jays are playing well - hitting, running the bases, starting pitching improving, good defense, getting the breaks.... Keep it going Jays! :cheerleader:

• Like 2

ManRam hired by Cubs to tutor their young hitters.

Sometimes the jokes write themselves.

I guess now we have to worry about players missing games due to pregnancy...

When I said 10 game losing streak, I didn't think it'd be the RedSox... Wheels falling off wagon? :unsure:

:yay: :P

Go Blue Jays! :cheerleader:

When I said 10 game losing streak, I didn't think it'd be the RedSox... Wheels falling off wagon? :unsure:

It's Memorial Day. Relax.

Nice to see you back CG.

As Rick Pitino would say, "Bobby V isn't walking through that door". I think you used up all your luck last year.

• Like 1

Nice to see you back CG.

As Rick Pitino would say, "Bobby V isn't walking through that door". I think you used up all your luck last year.

I think the Sox must have borrowed the Cubs' too.

Nice to see you back CG.

I think the Sox must have borrowed the Cubs' too.

Could be. Enjoy four months of meaningless baseball.