2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Cubbies on a roll, 38-46 now and have outscored their opponents for the year...

Lowrie, a RUSH fan, has Tom Sawyer as his entry music. :notworthy:

Another good reason to be an A's fan. :dweez:

yes, I've heard it today while watching the game... hearing Tom Sawyer was the only thing i liked about the A's as they beat my Jays!

• Like 1

Cubs trade both Samardzija AND Hammel to Oakland........... :o :o :o
  • Like 1

I saw this this morning. My immediate reaction was "why give up on the season when you're not that far out of wild card contention, and are playing very good baseball, and have outscored your opponents on the year?" But I have to read up more on the prospects before I completely pan the trade.

I saw this this morning. My immediate reaction was "why give up on the season when you're not that far out of wild card contention, and are playing very good baseball, and have outscored your opponents on the year?" But I have to read up more on the prospects before I completely pan the trade.

Well,

Like they say. There is always next year! :P

Well,

Marty McFly is right, you know. :LOL:

Except change it from Miami to Tampa Bay (speaking of teams that suck now) since Miami is National League. Hell, the Cubs have history with Miami. Steve Bartman, anyone?

Edited by invisible airwave

Brewers 1

Reds 0

Matt Garza showed why the Brewers wanted him on the team. Complete game, 2-hit shutout of the Reds in Cincinnati.

AWESOME.....:ebert: :ebert:

It was a good trade for both parties. Smarjdzijajsasjda has another year on his contract, but I dont think cubs are contenders this year or next

Its been a fun season so far

Picture this AL playoff picture

EAST - Toronto

CENTRAL - Kansas City

WEST - Oakland

WC - Seattle and Baltimore

That would be incredible (and based on the standing, not terribly far fetched)

Other interesting stats - 86 games in, San Diego is scoring on average less than 3 runs per game

And the pirates are on fire - up to 46-41. Polanco has been a great shot in the arm, Jeff Locke pitching well, Volquez experiment has been a success, and Vance Whorley? pitchin like a champ.

• Like 1

Not anymore......spanked today 13-0

• Like 1

Well,

Marty McFly is right, you know. :LOL:

Except change it from Miami to Tampa Bay (speaking of teams that suck now) since Miami is National League. Hell, the Cubs have history with Miami. Steve Bartman, anyone?

To this day I will argue with any one about that foul ball. It was border line but I feel the left fielder reached into the stands. At the same time. Home fans need to know when not to reach for the ball. Especially in that situation. The poor guy has fallen off the face of the earth! I can understand the fans and there frustration but this went wayyyyyyyyyyy over the line.

BTW, Dodgers lost and the Giants won.1/2 game lead.

Not anymore......spanked today 13-0

Yep, they've officially given up on the 2014 season.

It was a good trade for both parties. Smarjdzijajsasjda has another year on his contract, but I dont think cubs are contenders this year or next

It may have been a good trade for the Cubs (I think they sold high) but I think Samardijza (I can't spell it either) is the kind of pitcher you keep if possible, I think his mechanics and overall build and athleticism make him a good durability risk and he's from the Chicago area and would have given the Cubs a hometown discount (not that the Cubs should have to worry about spending), so he would likely have been able to contribute to the next Cub contender.

• Like 1

It looks like the A's might not only get their first position all star in ten years, but also get three of them. Donaldson, Norris and Cespedes all look like they're in.

he would likely have been able to contribute to the next Cub contender.

by my calculations, he would be 73 years old by the time that happens.
  • Like 1

So...The A's sweep the Marlins, get swept by the Tigers, and now look to take four straight from the Jays. That's one way to win 7 of 10!
  • Like 1