S-A-M-A-R-D-Z-I-J-A

Sa....mar....dzi....ja

:P :P

S-A-M-A-R-D-Z-I-J-A

Sa....mar....dzi....ja

one run on four hits

Not too shabby!

So, are the prospects the Cubbies got any good?

S-A-M-A-R-D-Z-I-J-A

Sa....mar....dzi....ja

S-A-M-A-R-D-Z-I-J-A

Sa....mar....dzi....ja

one run on four hits

Not too shabby!

So, are the prospects the Cubbies got any good?

#2, 5, & 7 in the nation, I think. Plus Straily led the minors in K's before making the Bigs. Straily has lost some speed on his fastball, down from 91 to 88mph. That may account for his high ERA.

Cubs trade both Samardzija AND Hammel to Oakland........... :o :o :o

I saw this this morning. My immediate reaction was "why give up on the season when you're not that far out of wild card contention, and are playing very good baseball, and have outscored your opponents on the year?" But I have to read up more on the prospects before I completely pan the trade.

Well,

Like they say. There is always next year! :P

Don't the usually Cubs say that in April?

;)

ETA: as the Blue Jays slowly waft back towards .500. At least we have 3 all-star representatives :yay: Go Blue Jays! :)

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 1

ETA: as the Blue Jays slowly waft back towards .500. At least we have 3 all-star representatives :yay: Go Blue Jays! :)

Key players for the Jays are playing hurt (Lind and Bautista) or on the injured list (Lawrie and Encarnacion). The offence was missing vs Oakland, and now the Jays aren't in first place. :( I hope things will improve soon! Go Jays Go.

• Like 1

Key players for the Jays are playing hurt (Lind and Bautista) or on the injured list (Lawrie and Encarnacion). The offence was missing vs Oakland, and now the Jays aren't in first place. :( I hope things will improve soon! Go Jays Go.

Yeah, I saw the news about Encarnacion this morning after I posted. I hope he gets healthy. The Blue Jays will need him down the road, if they can hold the ship together.

Yeah, I saw the news about Encarnacion this morning after I posted. I hope he gets healthy. The Blue Jays will need him down the road, if they can hold the ship together.

Jays fans: at least your ball club is competing in the woefully-mediocre AL East, where it appears as if all five teams will finish 81-81. Hold your breath for that nightmare tie-breaking scenario.

• Like 1

A's take game one of the Battle of the Bay! :cheer:

Yeah,

The Dodgers are in first place by 1 game. They take on Detroit tonight. It will be on the MLBN.

Dodgers have blown 5-0 led in the first,

It's now 7-5 Tigers. :facepalm: Not making excuses but the HP umpire is all over the map for both teams!! :madra:

10-5 Tigers,

Bases loaded no one out in the bottom of the 4th. I am turnng the channel. :P

A's put four on the board in the 3rd against the Giants. Looks like the loss won't hurt the Dodgers too badly.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

The Phillies blow this year, but we take two from the red hot Brewers. Go figure.

It's a mirage, like when they won five in a row a few weeks ago. Every now and then, the has-beens remember how to swing the bat and the never-will-bes make some solid contact.

I think there's real hope to be had in some of the young bullpen arms, though.

• Like 1

10-5 Tigers,

A's put four on the board in the 3rd against the Giants. Looks like the loss won't hurt the Dodgers too badly.

You're welcome.

Thanks,

I will need your help again. Dodgers went down today 4-1. :madra:

10-5 Tigers,

You're welcome.

Thanks,

I will need your help again. Dodgers went down today 4-1. :madra:

Come on, Blue! :rage:

I'm hoping for an A's-Dodgers series.

• Like 1

The Phillies blow this year, but we take two from the red hot Brewers. Go figure.

It's a mirage, like when they won five in a row a few weeks ago. Every now and then, the has-beens remember how to swing the bat and the never-will-bes make some solid contact.

Yeah.. but... bats. Need BATS. And of course we win again tonight. Incredible. Just watch, the Nationals will come to Phila. and kick our asses this wekend at home...

• Like 1

Yeah.. but... bats. Need BATS. And of course we win again tonight. Incredible. Just watch, the Nationals will come to Phila. and kick our asses this wekend at home...

Yeah, that seems to be the trend. They beat some pretty good clubs on the road and then go home and get clobbered.

As for bats, we needn't worry: Grady Sizemore is waiting in the wings. :facepalm:

A 4-run 6th inning puts the A's on top 6-1 through eight! Moss got it started with a lead-off double and was brought in by Donaldson :notworthy: . Lowrie ( :musicnote: tomsawyer :musicnote: ) followed with a double of his own to keep things going :7up: . Callaspo (thank you Angels!) followed with another double, this time of the wall (michaeljackson). Lowrie failed to score as he was holding to tag-up :tsk: . With first base open, the Giants walked Bean. Kazmir struck out ( :wtf: , this is the A's, bro'!), which brought up all-star catcher Norris. Norris hit a short fly to right, and again Lowrie couldn't score ( :facepalm: ). But with two outs, Vogt came through for the second time (he drove one in in the 5th), this time for two runs on a single.

This A's team is fun to watch.

• Like 3

Yeah, that seems to be the trend. They beat some pretty good clubs on the road and then go home and get clobbered.

As for bats, we needn't worry: Grady Sizemore is waiting in the wings. :facepalm:

I dont have words. WOW. 7 in 8th and 2 in 9th to win 9-2 and 4 game sweep... thats our World Series right there.

I dont have words. WOW. 7 in 8th and 2 in 9th to win 9-2 and 4 game sweep... thats our World Series right there.

Definitely an awesome end to a great series. I wish it meant something other than that the Brewers are having a rough time right now.

Buchanan doesn't seem too bad.

Definitely an awesome end to a great series. I wish it meant something other than that the Brewers are having a rough time right now.

Buchanan doesn't seem too bad.

Did I just see "young" and "Phillies" in the same sentence?

:huh:

• Like 2