2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Ryan Braun gets a standing ovation in the bottom of the 1st inning. The very few boos were easily muted by the ovation. Milwaukee baseball is underway with the air of forgiveness. :)

Suckers

I hate A-Rod as much as the next guy, but Braun came out of last year's drug scandal looking the worst, to me. The lying and cheating are one thing, but the accusations of antisemitism and the quest to destroy a guy's life were just over-the-top. Not Michael Vick bad, but bad.

Ryan Braun gets a standing ovation in the bottom of the 1st inning. The very few boos were easily muted by the ovation. Milwaukee baseball is underway with the air of forgiveness. :)

Suckers

I hate A-Rod as much as the next guy, but Braun came out of last year's drug scandal looking the worst, to me. The lying and cheating are one thing, but the accusations of antisemitism and the quest to destroy a guy's life were just over-the-top. Not Michael Vick bad, but bad.

I agree. I think in this instance, people were way to quick to forgive and forget.... I'm not a big baseball fan, so I'm not letting my love of the Brewers blind me here. I am looking at it as I would anyone else lying like that.

The Jays lose their first game of the season, a 9 - 2 shellacking courtesy of David Price/Tampa Bay :rage: :facepalm: :sigh:

The Jays looked like a different team last night in their 2nd game of the season. Pitcher Drew Hutchinson, in his first start since 2012 (off since then because of Tommy John surgery) threw 5.3 scoreless innings and was impressive. Replacement for injured Reyes was Diaz, who played well. Adam Lind (complete with lengthy goatee) hit 3 run 1st inning home run. The Jays won 4 - 2. That's more like it. We'll see which Jays team shows up tonight.

Well, we're only two games in but the Mariners are kicking butt! Go M's!

Hector Noesi sucks. He's not a good pitcher. No surprise that CoCo Crisp's first career walk-off homers comes off of him.

Oh well, 3-1 isn't a bad start to the young season. :) Maybe they'll push it to 5-2 or even 6-1 this weekend. Exciting.

It's the Blue Jays home opener tonight against the Yankees. We just completed the opening ceremonies. The Yankees were booed (no surprise).

Roy Halladay threw out the ceremonial first pitch - I love that guy and sure miss him.

OK Blue Jays, let's play ball.

It's the Blue Jays home opener tonight against the Yankees. We just completed the opening ceremonies. The Yankees were booed (no surprise).

Roy Halladay threw out the ceremonial first pitch - I love that guy and sure miss him.

The fans shouldn't have booed the Yankees.. it woke them up and they scored 2 runs top of the 1st.

The fans shouldn't have booed the Yankees.. it woke them up and they scored 2 runs top of the 1st.

3-2 Jays leading after 2...

4-3 Yankees after 3 :rage:

TORONTO -- New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira left Friday night's game against the Toronto Blue Jays after suffering a strained right hamstring while chasing a foul ball in the second inning.

No other details were immediately available.

The injury apparently happened when Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera fouled a ball down the first-base line. Teixiera appeared to hobble after chasing it and summoned manager Joe Girardi out of the Yankees' dugout. After a brief conversation with Girardi and trainer Steve Donohue, Teixeira left the game.

His place at first base was taken by Kelly Johnson, who moved over from third. Johnson was replaced at third by rookie Yangervis Solarte, who slid over from second, and Brian Roberts, originally given the night off, came in to play second.

Teixeira missed all but 15 games last season after suffering a torn tendon sheath in his right wrist that required surgery. He also was hobbled by a strained hamstring during the 2010 American League Championship Series.

Teixeira had an RBI single in the first inning and left with the Yankees trailing 3-2.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10730857/mark-teixeira-new-york-yankees-exits-hamstring-strain

4-3 Yankees after 3 :rage:

final score is Yankees 7 Jays 3 :sigh:

Funny graphic on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball...

Kruk breaks down Belt.

I know he'll be talking about Giants 1B Brandon Belt, but it was still funny...considering how many belts Kruk must have broken in his past.

Corey Hart's first HR:

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww13/VeNoM_rT/ScreenShot2014-04-09at122438AM.png

Corey Hart's second HR:

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww13/VeNoM_rT/ScreenShot2014-04-09at124235AM.png

You'd like Angels pitching would've learned its lesson: DON'T GIVE THE GUY BELT-HIGH FASTBALLS.

Matt Moore left tonight's game with what looked like an elbow injury.

This hurts my heart. I love Matt Moore. Loved him ever since I saw him shut the Rangers down in the first game of the 2011 ALCS. He's a machine.

Dem Brewers are HOT!! They're beating up on pitchers with no mercy....:ebert:

Dem Brewers are HOT!! They're beating up on pitchers with no mercy.... :ebert:

They've got both a sneaky good lineup and a sneaky good rotation. Would not be surprised to see them contend for a playoff spot.

Dem Brewers are HOT!! They're beating up on pitchers with no mercy.... :ebert:

They've got both a sneaky good lineup and a sneaky good rotation. Would not be surprised to see them contend for a playoff spot.

Not so sneaky, actually. Their offense (when healthy) has been potent for several years. They got Garza this year, and right now, they have thrusters on full. Hope they can keep it up!!

The A's* Todd Gosselin will be out for the rest of the season with a broken wrist. This will be a tough gap for the team to fill. :|

(*Carson Valley, NV, Little League division)

Meanwhile, the MLB A's are rockin'! Should be quite a battle this year, Janie!

Edited by goose