Bands you like, but are embarrassed to admit that you like

Brucey

When I was younger. I used to be ashamed of liking Phil Collins era Genesis. No more. Sorry people that era blows away Gabriel era. Never saw the greatness in Gabriel era anyway. Sure there were great tunes. But man oh man. It's hard to take a man in a flower get up seriously. Phil Genesis all the way.

Mick

• Like 1

I'll admit it. I like Avenged Sevenfold. I mean it's not really a band to admit liking around music forums and news outlets, but they are vastly popular and actaully well-deserving of their success.

I also like Daughtry, but people think they are Nickelback-lite so that's going to be hard to admit it anywhere.

Edited by Anguyen92

I'll admit it. I like Avenged Sevenfold.

The vocalist is shit and the band's appearance is laughable, what a bunch of douche bags.

they are [...] actaully well-deserving of their success.

Ha.

Avenged Sevenfold...deserving of their success?

Bands like Mastodon, Opeth and Baroness are metal bands deserving of success.

Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, All That Remains...aside from catchy songs, they are all pretty throwaway and I am sorry, but AS last album was every bit a ripoff better bands in the same way as Triviums The Crusade. Deserving? Really?

Well...each to their own. But fun songs aside, they do nothing to give metal a good name. Seriously...nothing...

And on that note...I love Lacuna Coil!

Man, I thought this thread was an outlet where I can freely admit that I like a band, that most people would not like, safely here without getting bagged on it and this is the reponses I got? I'm a bit disappointed. Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 5

Katatonia

Really? I am not impressed by this answer. Katatonia are truly brilliant!

What next? Porcupine Tree? Anathema? Paradise Lost? THE SPICE GIRLS???

What is this world coming to?

Actually now that I think about it, I was never really embarrassed to be a Katatonia fan. I do feel embarrassed about bands I used to like like Finger Eleven and Three Doors Down and Korn and Killswitch Engage and Breaking Benjamin and Green Day. But I was younger then so I don't really care now

• Like 1

Man, I thought this thread was an outlet where I can freely admit that I like a band, that most people would not like, safely here without getting bagged on it and this is the reponses I got? I'm a bit disappointed.

Yeah that's some shit man. I don't like Avenged Sevenfold either but it's really lousy of everyone to be jumping down your throat about it.

At work I'm pretty much ashamed of 90% of the music I listen to. It's a factory job and the popular music around there is rap or metal. When I took the day off of work to go see St. Vincent and people asked me who I was going to see I tried to keep my answer vague. It would be hard to explain that I was going to be spending the evening rocking out to a girl who looks like this: http://www.nashvillescene.com/binary/8d6d/1394468160-stvincent.jpg

But here in internetland I can very freely and openly admit that she put on one hell of a show. Probably best overall concert experience I've ever had.

Edited by Dscrapre

Man, I thought this thread was an outlet where I can freely admit that I like a band, that most people would not like, safely here without getting bagged on it and this is the reponses I got? I'm a bit disappointed.

Try not to take it personally, like what you damn well want to.

• Like 1

Ok...sooooorrrrrrrryyyyy...I dunno why I said all that harsh stuff. Look...I am a douchebag.

Fuq 'em mate. Put Bat Country on, sit back & open a beer.

• Like 1

Fuq 'em mate. Put Bat Country on, sit back & open a beer.

:smoke: :hail:

Chevelle(Very underrated band)

Chevelle is awesome. They are also from the next town over from me! :haz:
  • Like 2

ok I've already admitted to listening disco, now I think I feel confident enough to take it a step futher and admit that yes.. sometimes I listen to Kiss. there. I said it.. (whew.. it's.. ok) mostly just one song though. "Rocket Ride".. ok and Dr Love..
  • Like 1

ok I've already admitted to listening disco, now I think I feel confident enough to take it a step futher and admit that yes.. sometimes I listen to Kiss. there. I said it.. (whew.. it's.. ok) mostly just one song though. "Rocket Ride".. ok and Dr Love..

Everything up to Unmasked is solid as a rock. No shame, love ém! :cheers:

Everything up to Unmasked is solid as a rock. No shame, love ém! :cheers:

Actually that post is just a tongue in cheek dig at Kiss ;)

I would've said everything up to dynasty is solid but ok..

• Like 1

The only time in my life I ever embarrassed myself music-wise was the day I bought Thriller, but that's because Michael Jackson was such a pop star at the time, and I was already pushing thirty. I quickly got over it though. I loved that album.

Other than that, my taste in music has always been all over the place. If I liked something, I liked it, and that was that.

I embarrassed myself the day I bought Hemispheres on vinyl.

Not because of the music...it may be the best 40 minutes of music anywhere...but the cover... :scared:

• Like 1

The only time in my life I ever embarrassed myself music-wise was the day I bought Thriller, but that's because Michael Jackson was such a pop star at the time, and I was already pushing thirty. I quickly got over it though. I loved that album.

Other than that, my taste in music has always been all over the place. If I liked something, I liked it, and that was that.

I embarrassed myself the day I bought Hemispheres on vinyl.

Not because of the music...it may be the best 40 minutes of music anywhere...but the cover... :scared:

My mom was legitimately concerned when I asked for that album for christmas. "Jim, you know there is a naked man on the cover!" :LMAO:
  • Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold...deserving of their success?

Bands like Mastodon, Opeth and Baroness are metal bands deserving of success.

Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, All That Remains...aside from catchy songs, they are all pretty throwaway and I am sorry, but AS last album was every bit a ripoff better bands in the same way as Triviums The Crusade. Deserving? Really?

Well...each to their own. But fun songs aside, they do nothing to give metal a good name. Seriously...nothing...

And on that note...I love Lacuna Coil!

We got people admitting to like bands like the Bee Gees, and you go off on Avenged Sevenfold? I think you have totally missed the point of this thread. :|

Ok then it's finally time to come clean...

I'm a secret avid fan of that ancient boy band ILsnwdog & The Orange Bald Transvestites With Purple Beards! Their "Kilts Up", "Fondling on the Flatiron" and "Disrobe and Probe" albums are absolute solid gold classics. And their "Sitting in a Puddle Makes Your Pantyhose Wet" LIVE at Madison Square Garden" is one of the best live albums ever!

:smoke:

• Like 2

I'm a secret avid fan of that ancient boy band ILsnwdog & The Orange Bald Transvestites With Purple Beards! Their "Kilts Up", "Fondling on the Flatiron" and "Disrobe and Probe" albums are absolute solid gold classics. And their "Sitting in a Puddle Makes Your Pantyhose Wet" LIVE at Madison Square Garden" is one of the best live albums ever!

Ah, the good old days. You know, I haven't seen the rest of the members of the Orange Bald Transvestites With Purple Beards in decades. I still receive Christmas cards from a couple of the guys though.

Ah, the good old days. You know, I haven't seen the rest of the members of the Orange Bald Transvestites With Purple Beards in decades. I still receive Christmas cards from a couple of the guys though.

REUNION! :goodone: :haz: