WHYYYYY!!!????? WHY DID I WATCH THE GRAMMYS!!??

Khan

AAaaaargghh....I will never watch that piece of crap show again!! Never...ever...ever...EVER!!!

Daft Punk?? What the? Who the?

Give me a friggin' break! I don't get all the hype.

I have lost all hope for humanity...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bash.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/I_ANGR18.gif

• Like 2

I found myself watching part of it, too, and I figured out that I must not be cool (surprise), because I don't listen to any of the music that was featured there.

Did you catch Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Merle Haggard? Oh, and Blake Shelton was there, too. I did like it that they did Okie from Muskogee, and had some of the crowd singing along. But 75% of the singing onstage sounded terrible, and Willie wasn't even playing guitar; he just held it.

Was nice to hear Carole King still sounding pretty good, at age 71.

That Daft Punk song that won song of the year is a catchy little tune, I'll give them that- weird French robot dudes that they are. I have no idea what that's all about. But it is a catchy little song. And to have Nile Rodgers playing with them, that earns some points, I think.

But yeah, the whole production, the big, full-of-itself award show shtick...I'm not a fan.

I just watched the Metallica snippet with Lang Lang. I don't hate much about Metallica (read: Love everything except LULU, wish that thing never existed) but that performance of One was TERRIBLE! Kirk missed notes, and the piano playing would have been perfect anywhere else than with Metallics. If it were Nothing Else Matters or the Unforgiven III it would have been great, but no.

Black Sabbath deserved their award though! About time they got some of the recognition they truly deserve!

I just watched the Metallica snippet with Lang Lang. I don't hate much about Metallica (read: Love everything except LULU, wish that thing never existed) but that performance of One was TERRIBLE! Kirk missed notes, and the piano playing would have been perfect anywhere else than with Metallics. If it were Nothing Else Matters or the Unforgiven III it would have been great, but no.

Black Sabbath deserved their award though! About time they got some of the recognition they truly deserve!

Unfortunately for Sabbath, God Is Dead? is among their worst songs.

I was glad to see Paul & Ringo play. That was fun. I don't understand why you guys watched it hoping it would be good. My roommate was watching it so I joined in and we made fun of it all night.

Didn't watch it but did get called to other room by wife who wanted me to tell her what Ozzy said. I was unable to. I have no problem that daft punk did well, I've always liked them but was it daft punk or pharell and Nile that made the song?

Most of the music is terrible. Of course I'm going on 45 years old too and it's not meant for me either. I'm not supposed to "get" Lorde or Daft Punk. Doesn't mean that I can't (and also enjoy it), but I'm hardly the intended target audience. I embrace that warmly.

Rock really gets the shaft. Almost none of those categories are even aired. Imagine if the rap/hip-hop awards were sequestered to the "unaired" portion of the show. There would be an outcry like you wouldn't believe...cries of racial bias, etc. Doesn't matter much that rock/hard rock largely gets ignored and generally has fewer overall categories.

(Rap was done this way once way back when it first became a category and the shit hit the fan and, far as I can tell, has never been put on a back-burner again...insofar as the aired broadcast).

I always find something entertaining in the Grammy show each year.

This year:

Beyonce was HOT (but her song sucked)

Katy Perry was NOT hot.

Lorde was creepy

Daft Punk +Stevie Wonder was SMOKIN hot

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were surprisingly excellent

Metallica was blah (and I'm being nice)

Taylor Swift was off key (as usual)

Imagine Dragons was pretty much exactly what I expected, meaning entertaining.

Oh.. and Trent Reznor summed up the end pretty well.. find his tweet from last night.

Serious disrespect right there.

I think I watched about a half hour in total. I know things are bad when I would rather watch and old baseball game on YES than

watch an awards show -

I just don't get all the Daft Punk hoopla.

Two guys barely pressing buttons....WTF? Do they actually PLAY anything?

• Like 1

AAaaaargghh....I will never watch that piece of crap show again!! Never...ever...ever...EVER!!!

Daft Punk?? What the? Who the?

Give me a friggin' break! I don't get all the hype.

I have lost all hope for humanity...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bash.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/I_ANGR18.gif

No offense, but how could you not see that coming?

I just don't get all the Daft Punk hoopla.

Two guys barely pressing buttons....WTF? Do they actually PLAY anything?

You just dont get it man...you just dont get it

:P

Most of the music is terrible. Of course I'm going on 45 years old too and it's not meant for me either. I'm not supposed to "get" Lorde or Daft Punk. Doesn't mean that I can't (and also enjoy it), but I'm hardly the intended target audience. I embrace that warmly.

Rock really gets the shaft. Almost none of those categories are even aired. Imagine if the rap/hip-hop awards were sequestered to the "unaired" portion of the show. There would be an outcry like you wouldn't believe...cries of racial bias, etc. Doesn't matter much that rock/hard rock largely gets ignored and generally has fewer overall categories.

(Rap was done this way once way back when it first became a category and the shit hit the fan and, far as I can tell, has never been put on a back-burner again...insofar as the aired broadcast).

I'm around your age and have been a daft punk fan for years and I think the lorde song is better than the majority of pop crap that is out there. The problem with rock is that there isn't much to talk about. Alternative is thriving right now but what passes as rock these days is boring stuff like daughtry.

Um...

Lorde was awesome...

Beyoncé was awesome...

Pink was ok...

Katy Perry was unintentionally hilarious...

Taylor Swift blinked...

I really enjoyed it!

Forget it, Jake. It's Teenpopa$$kissingtown.

Such a shame that the safe sounding crap like Imagine Dragons passes for "rock" and actually wins the Grammy over freaking Bowie and Zeppelin. They're as rocking as Justin Bieber which is not at all. Good thing I didn't watch.

Oh, and Trent hit the nail right on the head with his tweet.

One plus point that saved the whole evening was seeing Lindsey Buckingham (my guitar hero) playing with Trent Reznor. It was edgy and exciting.

Beyoncé may have been a little underdressed, but on the whole she was the only female performer who could captivate an audience with style (she has seen better days, but I think she is the greatest live performer in the world at the minute who is not affiliated with rock or metal).

But the resy was so laughably bad I really enjoyed it!

Missing junk like the Grammys is one of the few reasons why I like working night shift.....