HAPPY 9TH ANNIVERSARY TRF!!!!

sullysue

YAY!!!! Even though, I've been here for about a month. The posters here are very nice and very enthusiastic and know about everything about anything in rock music and in general and I say ty to the good people that run this place.
  • Like 1

Happy anniversary to the GREATEST forum EVER on the Interwebz. If it was a book, and I was an author, this would be my not-at-all over the top review.

"If it wasn't for TRF the internet would suck all kinds of ass" - Hatchetaxe&Saw - author of the best-selling "Making Jam With My Poodle".

• Like 6

Wow! I can't believe it's been here so long when all the other sites have passed away with time.

They often get over run with horrible posters hiding behind the anonymity of a computer, time and space. Childish behavior lends to trolls in the making. Their very halls a womb for new trolls to be born of it every day.

This place has had great Admins, Mods and members. The Admins set the tone for fair treatment and maintenance, which aren't easy to keep up with when you have a life outside of the processor. The mods are also great people that lend a gentle wisdom to these hallowed halls of TRF.

Thank you to the wonderful Admins and Mods for keeping up such a great place. I hope to see TRF a huge presence and renown in the World of the Wide Webs. Thank you to the members of this place that I've started to call friends, thank you to the Old Guard members who ARE my friends.

:wub:

• Like 3

Congrats, TRF members for making this a fantastic place to be :)

I have been oin several other band forums where it was like high school- cliques, sarcasm, gossip, talking behind others' back, etc. Not so here!!

I genuinely enjoy talking with everyone and just being an all around goof. I feel accepted for who I am here :)

Rush has some of the greatest fans, I swear.

Rock on!!!

\m/

1234743_3388033035684_449703908_n.jpg

:atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum:

• Like 1

There's only one proper tribute to this wonderful place, written by the folks who inspired it...

Like a shipwrecked mariner adrift on an unknown sea

Clinging to the wreckage of the lost ship Fantasy

I'm a castaway, stranded in a desolate land

I can see the footprints in the virtual sand

Net boy, net girl

Send your signal 'round the world

Let your fingers walk and talk

And set you free

Net boy, net girl

Send your impulse 'round the world

Put your message in a modem

And throw it in the Cyber Sea

Astronauts in the weightlessness of pixellated space

Exchange graffiti with a disembodied race

I can save the universe in a grain of sand

I can hold the future in my virtual hand

Let's dance tonight

To a virtual song

Press this key

And you can play along

Let's fly tonight

On our virtual wings

Press this key

To see amazing things

Like a pair of vagabonds who wave between two passing trains

Or the glimpse of a woman's smile through a window in the rain

I can smell her perfume, I can taste her lips

I can feel the voltage from her fingertips

Net boy, net girl

Send your heartbeat round the world

Nine years...wow... I posted in another thread, but couldn't pass this one up. Life has dealt some of us some rough blows, and yet, TRF still stands. Much love to my old friends. Please know that even if I'm not able to be here like I used to be, that I am thankful to know each of you and hope to see you again sometime down the road. :)
  • Like 4