Who will give their introduction?

ThinkingBig

I'm betting Billy Corgan and Sebastian Bach have already called their reps and begged to be the 'stars' to give the introduction to RUSH at the upcoming RRHOF induction ceremony.

Last year, the intros were give by:

Chris Rock for Red Hot Chili Peppers

Chuck D & LL Cool J for The Beastie Boys

Billy Joe Armstrong (Green Day) for G&R

Steven Van Zandt for Small Faces / Faces

ZZ Top for Freddie King

I think the notion of Sebastian Bach (mother truckers) giving the intro for RUSH makes us all cringe.

Bill Corgan, however, was very articulate in his analysis of the underrated greatness of RUSH in Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Jack Black's 'rock juice' comments were classic.

Other possibilities include Matt Stone, Kirk Hammond, Taylor Hawkins.

If RUSH gets a say in it, I could see them reaching out to Steven Colbert as a way to inject their sense of humor into the moment. Though I would rather hear musicians talking about RUSH and the influence of the Holy Trinity of ROCK.

Also, keep in mind, during the performance of RUSH classic songs, other musicians may take the stage.

It would take a "super group" of Hammond, Hawkins, and Claypool jamming out YYZed to really pay proper tribute.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Sebastian Bach is embarrassing. He's a nice enough guy, just a little too "low brow," if you will. Rush are much more intellectual and sophisticated than that guy, and deserve someone who can match their level of sophistication. (Anyone remember the kid in front of the concert hall on the BTLS bonus disc? You know, the young doofus who said the F word constantly? Who wanted THAT guy representing all Rush fans?? I like to think we, and the band, are smarter and more high-brow than these people.)

I agree Billy Corgan was very articulate in the film (his comments were some of my favorites) and he'd be a good choice... but his repeated use as a spokesperson for Rush is getting a little overcooked now. He was the guy who introduced them at the Hollywood Walk of Fame thing, and sometimes in interviews he now talks about Rush more than he talks about his own band(s). It might be time for a fresh face... but if they use Billy again, I'm fine with it.

It would never happen, but I'd love to see Robert Plant and Jimmy page walk out there and say... "It's about f***ing time."

:yes:

Now that would be just awesome! :laughing guy:

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

:ebert: :yay: :cheerleader: :banana:

What about Justin Bieber? He's Canadian and he's an incredibily talented legend. And, I'm sure he'd pronounce Neil's last name correctly... "Neil Purt."

(Poster's note - if you take the above post seriously, you should consider counselling.)

What about Justin Bieber? He's Canadian and he's an incredibily talented legend. And, I'm sure he'd pronounce Neil's last name correctly... "Neil Purt."

(Poster's note - if you take the above post seriously, you should consider counselling.)

Thank you for the disclaimer. For a moment, I thought I had missed something when I blinked my eyes. ;)

Careful what you wish for. Today...nothing surprises me, lol

Jack Bruce.

Think of the look of awe on Geddy's face.