Are you as thrilled as I am? Rush in RRHOF?

Lost In Xanadu

Reaction to Rush in RRHOF?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you for Rush to be inducted?

• Extremely excited. I'm glad I have this keyboard to hide my excitement
    • Mildly Excited. They got in first ballot, pretty cool
    • Meh. Doesn't change my day
    • Kinda pissed! Took them this long to even nominate them?!?
    • Extremely pissed!! About to drive to Cleveland and do something stupid.

That is to say really couldn't care either way. I'm happy for them, but it doesn't change anything for me. I have a personal relationship (as I'm sure many many people here do) with their music, and public accolades do nothing as far as that goes. Edited by Lost In Xanadu

meaningless. wayyy overdue. bunch of other bands much less worthy have been in for years. but good for them....

It's great and all, but th RRHOF can still go suck a bagful. Even though Rush was the obvious choice, thats still awesome news.

It would mean something to me if the RRHoF were a true Rock & Roll Hall of Fame......but it isn't, so I couldn't care less about it.
  • Like 1

It's sad actually, how excited I am. I'm beginning to chill out, but this afternoon I was on Cloud Nine.

For me, one of the things associated with being a Rush fan, or a fan of this kind of music in general, was that I it didn't matter to me what other people thought about it. I didn't like Rush because they were popular, or because I wanted to be popular; I liked it because of how it made me feel and think. The fact that it wasn't popular made it all the more special for me because it made me feel like I was enjoying something very special with a group of people who felt like I did.

Don't get me wrong: I'm very happy for the band that they received this honor, especially if it is something that makes them feel more appreciated. And I'm even happy for all the Rush fans out there who have felt snubbed by the Hall for all these years.

But for just myself, I know that I don't need this for the band for me to know that they are my favorite band of all time. I didn't need their induction into the Hall to validate my devotion to them.

• Like 2

I had not heard of the RRHOF until I came onto these boards.

Congrats to the guys.

Hope they play La Villa at the induction and Alex does a rant about how much of a joke the RRHOF is lol.

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 1

I had not heard of the RRHOF until I came onto these boards.

Congrats to the guys.

Hope they play La Villa at the induction and Alex does a rant about how much of a joke the RRHOF is lol.

:goodone: :goodone: :goodone:

You know what is amazing, the amount of idiots who are really pissed Rush got in.

Reading some of the comments on Cleveland.com range from they padded attendance figures for the Time Machine filming at the "Q" Gave away tickets, and arena curtained off. (not the TM tour) moron only seats that were empty BEHIND THE STAGE which were not on sell in the first place!! And then the comment rush fans have mullets and still listen to them in some of the trashy bars that still play that Rush crap. :facepalm:

There's certainly no downside to them being in. Doesn't mean a thing to me personally or change my relationship with the band, but it's only going to raise their cultural cache and expose more people to their music, which is only a positive.

A lot of the sarcastic comments about "how great an honor it is to share a prestigious award with [insert pop or rap-leaning act that's inducted but not popular with classic-rock purists]" are pretty hilarious in their closed-mindedness and narrow understanding of the scope of rock music, and these threads make that clear every year.