Rush cancels CA Tour!

Gompers

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 10 2012, 06:43 AM)
Nah brah, they need to make the $krill somehow dawg.

Their lifestyles don't come cheap. A constant stream of cash is required. Hence, this likely won't even be their last tour.

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Sep 10 2012, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 10 2012, 06:34 AM)
Because of all the ungrateful whiners about the set list.

That's why everyone needs to STFU!!

comp26.gif pokey.gif

Very Well Said.

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Sep 10 2012, 06:43 PM)

comp26.gif pokey.gif

yes, because rush cancels tours over people on a fan forum bitching

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Sep 10 2012, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Sep 10 2012, 04:43 PM)

comp26.gif pokey.gif

Very Well Said.

Short and straight to the point!!

dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

Hey let's complain about how the beginning of Grand Designs is fabricated, therefore they are not playing music on stage, it's just a bunch of backing tracks..

laugh.gif that is my favorite complaint.. too many backing tracks. c'mon people.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 10 2012, 09:07 PM)
Hey let's complain about how the beginning of Grand Designs is fabricated, therefore they are not playing music on stage, it's just a bunch of backing tracks..

laugh.gif that is my favorite complaint.. too many backing tracks. c'mon people.

rofl3.gif That was really funny!

I think I am just going to keep my mouth shut.

ENJOY THE TOUR!!!!!!

QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 10 2012, 10:08 PM)

biggrin.gif

but it's the truth... some guy complained that a guitar could be heard without Alex playing..

they can't do literally everything by themselves..

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 10 2012, 10:21 PM)

biggrin.gif

but it's the truth... some guy complained that a guitar could be heard without Alex playing..

Duh. Alex has been using some guitar samples since at least Vapor Trails. I mean, haven't you heard how many guitar tracks are on a VT song? And he's been layering his guitars on proceeding albums.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Sep 10 2012, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 10 2012, 10:21 PM)

biggrin.gif

Duh. Alex has been using some guitar samples since at least Vapor Trails. I mean, haven't you heard how many guitar tracks are on a VT song? And he's been layering his guitars on proceeding albums.

Exactly. It just adds to the show.. at least for me.

He has had some canned guitar parts since as early as the T4E tour. It is underneath for layering and adding some flavor.

Listen to Bravado. It's there.

And I could give a rats ass.

They sound awesome.

In this day and age.....and after all the touring they have done...they can use the freedom to have fun and let loose on stage.

Remember the HYF tour? Geddy was buried behind the keys....could not move an inch.....check out Turn The Page....insane.

They love to embrace tech and no reason they should not to enhance our listening pleasure.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 10 2012, 10:43 PM)
He has had some canned guitar parts since as early as the T4E tour. It is underneath for layering and adding some flavor.

Listen to Bravado. It's there.

And I could give a rats ass.

They sound awesome.

In this day and age.....and after all the touring they have done...they can use the freedom to have fun and let loose on stage.

Remember the HYF tour? Geddy was buried behind the keys....could not move an inch.....check out Turn The Page....insane.

They love to embrace tech and no reason they should not to enhance our listening pleasure.

Turn the Page would be great live any year, but this is the best set list rush have every played live I mean my friend saw them last year and he's going to the show on the 20th and he gets to see 20 new songs he's never seen. That's delivering! Seriously Iron Maiden is my favorite band and seeing Rush put out a setlist like this makes them look shitty, which I'm pleased hopefully we get a tour like this from them next year. Obscure non single tracks.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Sep 11 2012, 02:42 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 10 2012, 11:07 PM)
Hey let's complain about how the beginning of Grand Designs is fabricated,

Not to mention how corny it is....I've hated that intro since '85.

We are not friends. 1287.gif

laugh.gif hug2.gif

I have to laugh - there was this moment when I first heard TSOR for the first time and I realized that they couldn't be playing the keyboard parts AND the bass parts at the SAME TIME! Oh, no! The fate of their credibility with me hung in the balance (...please consider: I was 17 years old)! Five minutes later, I was over it.

Since then, I give them credit for tastefully deciding what to sample/trigger, what to play live, and what to leave out. I realized after watching some of the YouTube videos (thanks, all!) that they could have easily triggered the strings - but it was a fresh approach to add them.

I'll take 'em any way they want to play them. I love Grand Designs, so I'd watch and listen if they stood there and played it through an 8-track player with one busted speaker.

They're all nearly 60, just put out a great new album, going 'round the world again with a cool new stage and an orchestra, NOT playing the same old songs (a risky thing, really), and sounding pretty damn good - it really defies the level of static I'm seeing in TRF.