Name Good TV Shows

presto123

The main one that occurs to me is Invasion. It only lasted one season and I have that season on DVD. I can't believe it got axed. I would put it right up there with LOST based on that one season. Anybody else catch it? Produced by Sean Cassidy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some episodes of Invasion...looked like it had potential but it's all about ratings.

There are tons of great shows that didn't last long and it seems with every year and the expansion of cable shows the list is going to get longer.

I seem to be fan of only short lived TV series (and can't remember names for shit) so I looked up a bunch I used to watch to help me remember.

My So Called Life (from about 20 years ago).

Terriers

Outsourced

Pushing Dasies

Fastlane

Freaks and Geeks

Keen Eddie

Life On Mars

Miss Guided

American Gothic

Grounded For Life

TITUS!!!!!!

Then there was this sitcom about 2 broke guys who used to make money by being parts of medical experiments...Can't recall the name but it was damn funny.

There are tons more and I suppose the older you are (like me) the more you will be able to remember.

The Tick with Patrick Warburton and Nestor Carbonell! This show was hilarious. Go watch this: The Tick Vs. The Terror.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/nl/images/f/f3/Star_Trek_The_Original_Series_Logo.jpg

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 24 2012, 10:03 AM)
King of the Hill

I hope that's a joke considering the show ran for over a decade laugh.gif

I agree with those who mentioned Firefly, Freaks And Geeks and Arrested Development. At least AD was given a few seasons but the other two shows were never even given a chance at all sad.gif

If a show can get at least 4 or 5 good seasons, it doesn't bother me too much if it gets cancelled because it was at least given a decent shot. When good shows get axed after one season or even before the season has had a chance to air all the episodes is what really bothers me. At least give the show some time to find an audience first before canning it. Some of the greatest, most loved shows of all time, like Seinfeld for example, weren't runaway hits when they first started.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 24 2012, 10:51 AM)
Saw some episodes of Invasion...looked like it had potential but it's all about ratings.

There are tons of great shows that didn't last long and it seems with every year and the expansion of cable shows the list is going to get longer.

I seem to be fan of only short lived TV series (and can't remember names for shit) so I looked up a bunch I used to watch to help me remember.

My So Called Life (from about 20 years ago).
Terriers
Outsourced
Pushing Dasies
Fastlane
Freaks and Geeks
Keen Eddie
Life On Mars
Miss Guided
American Gothic
Grounded For Life
TITUS!!!!!!

Then there was this sitcom about 2 broke guys who used to make money by being parts of medical experiments...Can't recall the name but it was damn funny.

There are tons more and I suppose the older you are (like me) the more you will be able to remember.

Although I have all the episodes of Life On Mars UK, I am currently watching LOM US on FX. It is quite good, even though it only ever got to 18 episodes and had a major cast overhaul. (I also have all the episodes of Ashes To Ashes too).

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 24 2012, 05:37 PM)
#@#$ My Dad Says

I loved that show and it only lasted one season. Shatner was perfect in that role.

What a title..! laugh.gif I wish I'd seen that one..!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 24 2012, 11:07 PM)
Star Trek Enterprise

Yes...A lot of people bash it...but I enjoyed it, and would have loved to see more from Archer and co.