Will there be a second US leg in 2013?

Xourque

I live in the northwest and the only option for me is seeing them at Key Arena in Tacoma Washington (even though the list says it's Seattle). Last time they did something like this, where they played in "Seattle" only, their second leg included Portland Oregon.

Does anyone know if they have mentioned a second US tour leg that would include more cities??

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Xourque
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Xourque @ Jun 26 2012, 05:37 PM)
I live in the northwest and the only option for me is seeing them at Key Arena in Tacoma Washington (even though the list says it's Seattle). Last time they did something like this, where they played in "Seattle" only, their second leg included Portland Oregon.

Uhhh...The Key Arena IS in Seattle. Not Tacoma.

QUOTE (Xourque @ Jun 26 2012, 08:37 PM)

Does anyone know if they have mentioned a second US tour leg that would include more cities??

Thanks in advance!

I am hoping they have a second leg and play the Gorge in George, its only 30 min from my house. biggrin.gif NO way I am going to see them in Tacoma or were ever it is, on a tuesday night. WTF!! Tuesday....maybe if they had the show on a Friday or Saturday I might of went.

Edited by bytored

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 26 2012, 08:43 PM)

rofl3.gif Yeah, the Key Arena... in Tacoma! Maybe next year they will come to the Rose Garden which is conveniently located in Eugene.

They have to stop by:

Irvine Meadows

The Cricket Amphitheatre in San Diego

And of course The Red Rocks.

All outdoor venues. I'm hoping early 2013 rather than later!

Edited by ScottT67

QUOTE (beneathbetweenbehindyourmom @ Jun 27 2012, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 26 2012, 08:43 PM)

rofl3.gif Yeah, the Key Arena... in Tacoma! Maybe next year they will come to the Rose Garden which is conveniently located in Eugene.

laugh.gif

wacko.gif

Unless one of the band members has some extended illness or some other unforeseen issue, they absolutely will do a second leg in 2013.

1. They have stated several times in several ways that to be a band, they must play live.

2. They have shown they are in no hurry to get back into the studio.

3. Touring is too financially lucrative to NOT do it.

4. They missed a number of locations that they usually hit, like:

Nashville, TN

Jacksonville, FL

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Birmingham, AL

Raleigh, NC or

Greensboro, NC

Austin, TX

I'm sure there are others around the country, but those in the south came to mind. I don't think they've been to Birmingham in a while. They hit Chicago early on in the current tour schedule, so they could easily do a second show there and in NY, where they always do well.

No worries. There will definitely be a second leg for this tour. Expect an announcement about it around the same time Universal / Mercury puts out another compilation album for the Christmas buying season.

Hm... Within the past recent years, Rush came to my town (Houston, Texas) once every two years:

Snakes & Arrows Tour: 2008

Time Machine Tour: 2010

Clockwork Angels Tour: 2012

So, if they were to do a second leg, I'll be expecting them to come around early-mid 2014, as 2013 will be mainly European dates.

I can't recall exactly where I saw it, but there was an interview with Lerxst where he said they may not play all of Clockwork Angels on the first leg of the tour, but when they come back on the 2nd leg they are seriously considering doing the whole thing.

We'll see .....

The 10 European dates run from May, 22nd up to June, 10th, 2013, so I think they possibly come back to the US in late 2013 or early 2014 (R40!!??)

Rush.com still says: 'More dates to be announced'!!!

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 27 2012, 10:03 PM)

4. They missed a number of locations that they usually hit, like:

Jacksonville, FL

Jax is my hometown (don't live there now but still have family there)...I don't think they USUALLY go there. They USED TO but it's been hit or miss over the last 30 years...they skipped GUP, PoW, HYF, T4E, VT, R30, and I'm pretty sure they skipped the Time Machine Tour too. It was a big deal when they came back for S&A (2nd leg) because the time before that had been for Counterparts (which is waaaay too long). They don't sell too many tickets there to be honest. Too many Skynard fans. tongue.gif

I hope they do another show in NY for 2013. The two shows are too far away, and one of the shows definitely wouldn't work out since it's on a Monday night. I'm hoping they come to SPAC since that is about 30 minutes away from me. It would make sense since it's an amphitheater, so it might fall into place when they have a second US leg. Here's hoping!

I've heard from a fairly reliable source that they have spoken with the people in Hershey, PA for the next leg...no indication if that's a lock, but at least we know they are working on further dates!