wearing shirts of the band you're seeing?

beherit

I've noticed that at bigger shows (Maiden, Rush, Metallica, etc) most people wear a shirt of the band they are seeing, but at smaller shows, people don't wear a shirt of the band they're seeing...

Personally, I try to wear something different and my personal rule is that I'd only wear a shirt of the band I'm seeing if it's the shirt I bought the last time I saw them..

what do you dudes do?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a complete different shirt than the band that's playing: if I go see Anthrax, for example, I wear a Sting shirt. If I go see Coldplay, I make sure my Voivod tshirt is available. And so on...

One shirt I have which has received a lot of comments from a bunch of artists I saw and met was my red Frank Zappa with his giant face on it.

I wear a shirt that's of the same genre if I don't own one for the band, but buy one after the show. Like I wore a Rolling Stone shirt to see Buddy Guy/BB King. They may not be a blues band, but the these bands have overlapped in some places and are rather familiar with one another. Though I did have a Pink Floyd shirt to see Tom Petty, that doesn't' work so well. And I'll have a Number of the Beast T-shirt to wear to see Iron Maiden if I don't get a tour shirt online before the show.

I never wear a shirt of the band that I'm seeing.

Always another band.

In fact, I'm going to see The Beach Boys this Wednesday and am planning on wearing a Rush T Shirt.

Just a rule I have...don't even know why.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 25 2012, 02:31 PM)
I use a complete different shirt than the band that's playing: if I go see Anthrax, for example, I wear a Sting shirt. If I go see Coldplay, I make sure my Voivod tshirt is available. And so on...

One shirt I have which has received a lot of comments from a bunch of artists I saw and met was my red Frank Zappa with his giant face on it.

That's so funny...

...I saw a guy wearing a Hall and Oates T Shirt at the R30 Rush gig in NYC.

Struck up a great conversation over it.

I either wear a shirt of the band I'm seeing (Rush to a Rush show) or I wear a shirt that is very much related to the artist I'm seeing (a Beatles shirt to a McCartney or Ringo show). I never wear a different artist's shirt to another artist's show. That's my personal rule. If I don't have a shirt related to who I'm seeing, I usually wear a Harley-Davidson t-shirt (saw John Fogerty 10 days ago and don't have a Fogerty shirt so wore a San Diego Harley-Davidson shirt).

Whatever mood i am in . If i want to, i do . I like wearing a Kiss shirt to a Dream Theater show so all the Geeks ask me about it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 25 2012, 02:54 PM)
I either wear a shirt of the band I'm seeing (Rush to a Rush show) or I wear a shirt that is very much related to the artist I'm seeing (a Beatles shirt to a McCartney or Ringo show). I never wear a different artist's shirt to another artist's show. That's my personal rule. If I don't have a shirt related to who I'm seeing, I usually wear a Harley-Davidson t-shirt (saw John Fogerty 10 days ago and don't have a Fogerty shirt so wore a San Diego Harley-Davidson shirt).

John Fogerty is pretty amazing live, isn't he?

I saw him at Beacon Theatre in NYC and he was just fantastic!

~RGLT

PS...I wore a Foo Fighters T Shirt to the show. smile.gif

I used to try to stay within the genre of the band (I wore a DRI shirt to see Metallica cause, you know, thrash) but now I kinda like how some people will approve of my shirt and how some people look at me like "what's this dickhead doing?"

I wore my Farewell to Kings shirt when I saw Corrosion of Conformity and got some odd looks, but one chick who was like 35 really dug it, so that was cool

Wow. I must be a dorkus. I always wear a Rush shirt when I see them. Who knew so much thought went into choosing a graphic T.

smile.gif

QUOTE (umoveme @ Jun 25 2012, 03:49 PM)
Wow. I must be a dorkus. I always wear a Rush shirt when I see them. Who knew so much thought went into choosing a graphic T.

smile.gif

I'm obsessed with band t-shirts, sorry

I only wear a Rush shirt to Rush shows.

Other than that I never wear the bands shirts to their respective shows.

I usually wear Rush shirts to other bands shows....and always meet other Rush fans that way with either a nod of approval, or a quick comment or get into good conversation about Rush over some cold beers and other organic refreshments.

Funny how that always happens.

I wore a Rush shirt of AFTK to the first Rush concert I went to... Since then I really don't care for band shirts. I've considered getting rid of the three them I have too since they're black, a bit tight, and uncomfortable.

I think I'm the kind of person that wears a shirt of the band that's playing though. A bit unrelated, but I noticed that Iron Maiden shirts trendy among teens. Got to feel remorse for all the actual fans.

Edited by Ovningskora

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 25 2012, 03:06 PM)
I wore a Rush shirt of AFTK to the first Rush concert I went to... Since then I really don't care for band shirts. I've considered getting rid of the three them I have too since they're black, a bit tight, and uncomfortable.

I think I'm the kind of person that wears a shirt of the band that's playing though. A bit unrelated, but I noticed that Iron Maiden shirts trendy among teens. Got to feel remorse for all the actual fans.

Yeah...

Proof is in the image, if you dare:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/1...4_6276027_n.jpg

eh.gif

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 25 2012, 05:06 PM)

I've got 9 Maiden shirts, and it's very shitty when I ask someone I see with a Maiden shirt what their favorite album is and they can't tell me an Iron Maiden album.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 25 2012, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 25 2012, 05:06 PM)

I've got 9 Maiden shirts, and it's very shitty when I ask someone I see with a Maiden shirt what their favorite album is and they can't tell me an Iron Maiden album.

Unfortunately something like that happened to me once during my junior year in HS. I was wearing the Japan relief Maiden shirt and during chemistry class someone came up to me and asked if I liked Maiden cause he thought I was one of those hipster wannabes (ironic cause in my turf hipsters hate heavy metal and prog rock). I said yeah and he then asked me to name 5 of their songs, and out of the 5 he only recognized only one song...The Trooper. The other 4 I said were Brave New World, Satelite 15...The Final Frontier, Iron Maiden, and The Number of the Beast. Okay, the first two are "hard" songs to recognize for the casual fan, but if he couldn't even recognize NOTB or Iron Maiden, two songs that casual fans should know, then there's something wrong there.

When it comes to a band that sells a lot of shirts at shows like Maiden or Rush, generally I would wear their shirts. But outside of those two bands, I wear other band tees, and sometimes just a regular graphic tee. I don't recall seeing a lot of people wearing Porcupine Tree shirts at the Steven Wilson show in NYC and when I met him at the J&R signing session I wore a Sunn O))) shirt, and coincidentally he happened to own the same shirt as well! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 25 2012, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 25 2012, 02:54 PM)

John Fogerty is pretty amazing live, isn't he?

I saw him at Beacon Theatre in NYC and he was just fantastic!

~RGLT

PS...I wore a Foo Fighters T Shirt to the show. smile.gif

Yes he is. My 4th time seeing him and he always delivers. I'd like to add that he's a grossly underrated guitar player IMO.

The only concert shirts I have are 2.gif shirts and I never wear them especially to 2.gif shows.

Something I found funny as I was watching the Iron Maiden Flight 666 movie is that throughout the whole movie, the whole band except Bruce is wearing and Iron maiden shirt. wacko.gif

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan