Joesaracer

QUOTE (Joesaracer @ May 24 2012, 11:05 AM)
http://www.bravewords.com/news/184118

Glowing. Wish Them Well is gonna be divisive, I tell ya!

The takeaway for me that each song stands alone. Meaning we won't have to have 5 song trek on the upcoming setlist. These can be sprinkled in as needed. And perhaps leave some for the R40 Tour.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 24 2012, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (Joesaracer @ May 24 2012, 11:05 AM)
http://www.bravewords.com/news/184118

Glowing. Wish Them Well is gonna be divisive, I tell ya!

The takeaway for me that each song stands alone. Meaning we won't have to have 5 song trek on the upcoming setlist. These can be sprinkled in as needed. And perhaps leave some for the R40 Tour.

I still think they'll play a large number of CA songs in a row, probably to start off the second set. Basically their favorite tracks in the same order as on the album, like when they play 2112 but skip Presentation and Oracle.

I wasn't a big fan of this approach on the S&A tour, but it might work better with CA as the songs sound like they're mostly higher energy.

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 24 2012, 04:15 PM)
unsure.gif wacko.gif ph34r.gif

That was the most convoluted incomprehensible and convoluted review of anything ever.

He was talking about Rush and CA, right?

I dont know....he could have been describing his ass in detail.......very intellectually of course.....

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 24 2012, 04:38 PM)
unsure.gif  wacko.gif  ph34r.gif

That was the most convoluted incomprehensible and convoluted review of anything ever.

I dont know....he could have been describing his ass in detail.......very intellectually of course.....

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ May 24 2012, 02:35 PM)
I saw that he gave it a 10/10, but I didn't know if he liked or hated the album. Use normal people talk!!

His editor said it was 10/10, I didn't get that impression at all from the actual text. I think probably his editor couldn't understand it either and just guessed. laugh.gif

unsure.gif wacko.gif ph34r.gif

Exactly how I felt..

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 24 2012, 05:42 PM)
unsure.gif  wacko.gif  ph34r.gif

Exactly how I felt..

While I can appreciate his enthusiasm, I had to give up as the article was almost unreadable.

God, what awful writing. Put away your flowery adjectives, pretentious sentence structures, and baffling cultural references. Just tell us something of substance about the album, instead of wasting our time with this junk.

Kind of late to this, but no kidding. I couldn't understand anything he wrote in the first two paragraphs...Which is where I stopped.

...Clockwork Angels being a complicated, oblique, angled tale involving less steampunk than rumour had it and much more about the march of time, all wrapped up in the meaninglessness for the non-believer, except for some sort of inner temple-building, or a garden as it were, Candide-style.

????? Stop smoking the weed when doing reviews!

Oh good. So it wasn't just me. unsure.gif

Waiting for a reviewer to say it completely sucks. That might be left to a Rolling Stone dweeb.

In all seriousness, these glowing reviews sacre me a bit...

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 24 2012, 11:46 PM)
Waiting for a reviewer to say it completely sucks. That might be left to a Rolling Stone dweeb.

I can predict the RS review. It will be the same lazy-ass bullshit as their Snakes & Arrows review:

"3 stars. Add 2 if you like Rush. Subtract 2 if you don't."

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ May 24 2012, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 24 2012, 06:04 PM)
I wouldn't know how to blip my chank if my life depended on it.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

This one has signature potential...

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 24 2012, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ May 24 2012, 02:35 PM)
I saw that he gave it a 10/10, but I didn't know if he liked or hated the album. Use normal people talk!!

His editor said it was 10/10, I didn't get that impression at all from the actual text. I think probably his editor couldn't understand it either and just guessed. laugh.gif

If his editor was doing his job, he would have edited out 95% of that "review".

"with further abstraction caused by demarcation into their necessary chapters, welcome, so that these hugely ambitious and exclusively dark songs can stand on their own as Rush songs, soon to be mouthed by crowds in the wrongness for this of hockey barns."

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ May 25 2012, 07:06 AM)
Gotta love how if a review isnt 100% positive, the review sucks. If he had nicer things to say from top to bottom you all would be up his ass. That's how it works on the internet.

Not necessarily, but this review is just incomprehensible. It's a terrible review