Joesaracer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some not so glowing bits of his review of Roll the Bones..

Rush's lot in life continues to baffle, as I'm increasingly convinced that with each successive dismal, offensive release, the bands continuing and ever widening acceptance by virtually everybody must amount to no less than a conspiracy of mass mindlessness..

Rush's latest is again, as countless times before , no cause for rejoice, as the serious ones continue unabated with their powerless fret diddling , their tinkly, popping percussive ballet...

One of the biggest, failed , and mercilessly played out experiments in modern rock, Lifeson swishes ever on, chiming and washing his way into the books of fretful impotence...

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ May 24 2012, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 24 2012, 06:04 PM)
I wouldn't know how to blip my chank if my life depended on it.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

With those Satellite dishes, i guess he can z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ May 24 2012, 11:40 AM)
God, what awful writing. Put away your flowery adjectives, pretentious sentence structures, and baffling cultural references. Just tell us something of substance about the album, instead of wasting our time with this junk.

goodpost.gif

That's how I felt. It's not entertaining. It's annoying. It made it a chore to read that.

God, what awful writing. Put away your flowery adjectives, pretentious sentence structures, and baffling cultural references. Just tell us something of substance about the album, instead of wasting our time with this junk.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ May 24 2012, 05:19 PM)

goodpost.gif

That's how I felt. It's not entertaining. It's annoying. It made it a chore to read that.

Agreed.

Was it a review of CA, or an exercise in use of "fancy" language ?

I admit that I'm no expert in literature, or the use of the English language, but I had to re-read several parts of that review, and it left me feeling slightly dizzy. Perhaps that's what CA will do when we hear it, and maybe the author of the review was trying to put that across. Or maybe he was just showing off.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 24 2012, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 24 2012, 01:39 PM)
I'm getting a bad feeling about this sad.gif

Don't worry bro, I have a *really* good feeling about this.

My ESP seldom leads me astray.

1022.gif

let us hope your ESP is firing on all cylinders 1022.gif

Honestly, one of the worst reviews I've ever read about music. I read the introductory paragraph that said it was a glowing review and was getting ready for some good tidbits about the album...

...then I read it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this to be insanely out there. It's pretty much unreadable.