Favorite Band

CruisingInPrimetime

Is Rush your all-time favorite band?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rush your all-time favorite band?

• Yes
    • No

Is Rush your absolute favorite band?? If they're not, who do you like more? And if Rush IS at the top of your list, who's your runner-up?

Rush is no doubt my favorite band and will always be. Number 2 for me would have to be Genesis. More of the Gabriel-era stuff, but certainly some of their later stuff, as well. What about you?

Edited by CruisingInPrimetime

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually thinking about creating a thread similar to this.

The only reason I seriously questioned if Rush was my favorite band or not (they are, incidentally), is because yesterday I re-watched a Pink Floyd biography I hadn't seen in awhile. Damn if I don't have a ridiculously large soft spot in my heart for that band!

I guess the deciding factor is how many great albums and how long they were consistent for, and for that Rush wins, but Pink Floyd is a ridiculously close second, with a few bands right behind them!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2012, 02:06 AM)
I guess the deciding factor is how many great albums and how long they were consistent for, and for that Rush wins, but Pink Floyd is a ridiculously close second, with a few bands right behind them!

Really? unsure.gif

I'd hate to see how you discuss bands that you really dislike. tongue.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 5 2012, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2012, 02:06 AM)

Really? unsure.gif

I'd hate to see how you discuss bands that you really dislike. tongue.gif

I don't know what I said that seemed to put down either band? I love both to death. yes.gif wub.gif

I appreciate Rush more and more as the years go by, and I enjoy their music now more than ever. They're definitely my favorite band. Helmet places second. Tool was my favorite group for many years, and Undertow will probably always be my favorite album, but I don't particularly like their last two releases.

I like a lot of other bands, but Rush is the one band I have never gotten tired of. I have seen them live more than any other band and this is the only band forum that I'm a member of.

Sometimes

I like music across a pretty wide spectrum - hard rock, progressive rock, soft rock, punk, post-punk, new wave, pop, bubblegum pop, folk, jazz, classical, space age pop ("lounge"), etc. Often I'll favor a genre of music (or a single artist) which is very different from Rush, and I've increasingly had times where I felt embarrassed telling people I even liked Rush!

But yes, I have to say they're my favorite band of all time. Just as I say "Star Wars" is my favorite movie of all time: they have faults, they're not the most influential, and objectively speaking there are a dozen bands which may be "better," but I've lived and died with these three guys for thirty years; they've had a huge impact on my life over the years, especially when I was a teenager and young adult. There are times when I listen to them lots and now there are times when I don't listen to them at all... but I have to say they're my favorite band.

As for second place... there's a huge gap after Rush, and then there's everybody else. Maybe the band Yes.

I think I currently have 3 favorite bands. It's kind of like asking a parent which of their kids they love the most. They all take the top billing.

My current top 3 are: Rush, The Grateful Dead, and Gov't Mule

yes.gif

Definitely without a doubt. I can never imagine any other band in history hooking me in like Rush has.

Call me a fanboi, but I honestly can state that I like every Rush song in one way or another. I listen to 'em all often...and like 'em all.

No other band will ever put out as much material as they have, and have me feel that way about 100% of it.

2.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 5 2012, 08:48 AM)
Rush is certainly my favorite band. Nobody comes close but number 2 on my list is Live. They're a great band and I don't think they get the recognition that they deserve. They're very underrated.

Live Rocks! Too bad they've split (and not amicably)...

dont realy have a favorite,5 or so share the top spot.They are one of the 5 and I do scan for Rush when in the car. no hate please tongue.gif