Clockwork Angels tour book indicates

treeduck

QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 3 2012, 09:16 PM)
While I wouldn't mind Signals, I just don't think it's plausible to play it in it's entirety with a new album to promote.

I think the Dalmatian is just a nod to Signal's 30th anniversary and or perhaps we'll get a gem or two from it, but not the whole album.

Agreed. But I love the cover! wub.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Apr 3 2012, 10:37 PM)
the Signals dog could mean "something", or it could mean absolutely nothing. i mean, how often has that damn dog been somewhere?

Gold, Retrospective 3, the inner sleeve of Hold Your Fire, The Spirit of Radio Greatest hits compilation...thats all i can name off the top of my head, though im sure theres more.

so, the dog and hydrant on this tour book could either mean they're gonna play all of Signals, or its JUST TO MESS WITH US!!! ohmy.gif

The inside of R30. Basically the same thing as Retrospective 3, but yeah, they use him a lot.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 4 2012, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 3 2012, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 4 2012, 11:29 AM)
I know many will be really happy if Signals is played in full, but I think it's wasted setlist time. I still plan on gunning for front row tickets and I'm still hoping 2112 in full (song) will still make it's way onto the set.

It'd be wise for them to open the gig with 2112. At the very least they should open the 2nd act with it.

All of Signals will not make it. I like that album a bunch but no way, no how is it going to be played. Pipe dream and all that.

Agreed. No way they're doing Losing It or Countdown, for a number of reasons. It's completely implausible.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 3 2012, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 3 2012, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 3 2012, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Apr 3 2012, 04:35 PM)
Joe Walsh's new single is called Analog Man .

I did not hear it yet but i can tell you one thing, it's prob better than anything on S&A

You know, I heard Analog Man and I wasn't impressed. I was prepared to like it, but it didn't happen. And I'm sure it wasn't Ringo's fault.

But it's always Ringo's fault laugh.gif

No way! Ringo is the best drummer....EVER!

Wow that's really unexpected if true!

Losing It, Countdown, The Weapon, Chemistry??

WOO HOO!!

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Apr 4 2012, 04:16 AM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 3 2012, 09:16 PM)
While I wouldn't mind Signals, I just don't think it's plausible to play it in it's entirety with a new album to promote.

I think the Dalmatian is just a nod to Signal's 30th anniversary and or perhaps we'll get a gem or two from it, but not the whole album.

Agreed. But I love the cover! wub.gif

I think it could mean we get one or two extra tracks from Signals in the new setlist, apart from Subdivisions...maybe they'll dig out Analog Kid for the sake of it, and/or Digital Man, and/or The Weapon...but I can't see them playing Losing It or Chemistry. Then again, I hope they surprise us!!!

I did not hear it yet but i can tell you one thing, it's prob better than anything on S&A

You know, I heard Analog Man and I wasn't impressed. I was prepared to like it, but it didn't happen. And I'm sure it wasn't Ringo's fault.

You heard the bassline part of it I hope?

BWAH BWAH!

Beedeebeebum.. bee dee dee dee dee dee!

BWAH BWAH!

Analog Kid rules!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 4 2012, 07:09 AM)

You heard the bassline part of it I hope?

BWAH BWAH!

BWAH BWAH!

Analog Kid rules!

wacko.gif

Joe Walsh's song is........nevermind. laugh.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 3 2012, 02:55 PM)
This one of the last albums Id rather hear in its entirety. Id much rather get Power Windows, Hemispheres, Presto, etc...

I only like 3 songs on Signals. Subdivisions, Analog Kid, The Weapon. >_>

Good god. You would really want them to play Presto in its entirety? REALLY?

schla03.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 4 2012, 03:09 PM)
This one of the last albums Id rather hear in its entirety. Id much rather get Power Windows, Hemispheres, Presto, etc...

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

Well, getting the chance to see songs like Chain Lightning, Scars, Red Tide, and Available Light live would be worth it!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 01:16 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

Well, getting the chance to see songs like Chain Lightning, Scars, Red Tide, and Available Light live would be worth it!

I would love to see more from Presto played live, but not Available Light. It's consistently in my top ten favorite songs, but one of the defining characteristics is the super high vocal range. Geddy can't do that these days, and they'd have to tune it down. I hate when they tune things down, and would especially hate it if they did it for A.L. because the high notes pretty much make that song.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 03:16 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

Oh don't get me wrong, there are some great songs there, Red Tide, Chain Lightning and Show Don't Tell - I love those in particular.

But the whole shebang? Especially based with the other options from their body of work? That would be just plain wacky!

cool10.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 4 2012, 02:25 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

Oh don't get me wrong, there are some great songs there, Red Tide, Chain Lightning and Show Don't Tell - I love those in particular.

But the whole shebang? Especially based with the other options from their body of work? That would be just plain wacky!

cool10.gif

laugh.gif

Not to mention it would take 52 minutes out of the setlist...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 4 2012, 03:59 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

cool10.gif

laugh.gif

Or about ~42 minutes if they play every track 20% faster than the studio version...

Good god though I hate to poo-poo on any Rush but if I never hear Superconductor again in my life, I won't exactly be disappointed.

bacon.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 4 2012, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 4 2012, 03:59 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

cool10.gif

laugh.gif

Or about ~42 minutes if they play every track 20% faster than the studio version...

Good god though I hate to poo-poo on any Rush but if I never hear Superconductor again in my life, I won't exactly be disappointed.

bacon.gif

I understand the "Superconductor voice" in the chorus was Neil doing his "chat up sexy voice" the one he used to use on groupies in the 70s!

ohmy.gif

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah, I'd happily sell a distant relative into slavery to hear Scars live again.

Here's a thought some of you might find disturbing.

It's also the 20th anniversary of Roll The Bones. tongue.gif

How many of you really think they are going to spend time on Signals when they have a new album to promote ? I love the album but we prob won't get more than 1 or 2 songs from it . Ducky............. cool10.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 4 2012, 02:22 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah, I'd happily sell a distant relative into slavery to hear Scars live again.

OMG!!!!

YOU GUYS I JUST REALIZED!!!

That tour book that we saw that had the sidewalk on it, that's the SAME SIDEWALK or close enough that was on the Roll the Bones tourbook!!! That must mean they're going to play Roll the Bones in its ENTIRETY!!!

I can't wait to hear You Bet Your Life!!!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 4 2012, 03:33 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

OMG!!!!

That tour book that we saw that had the sidewalk on it, that's the SAME SIDEWALK or close enough that was on the Roll the Bones tourbook!!! That must mean they're going to play Roll the Bones in its ENTIRETY!!!

I hope they do awesome mash-ups of songs off of Signals and RTB!!!

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 4 2012, 03:25 PM)
How many of you really think they are going to spend time on Signals when they have a new album to promote ? I love the album but we prob won't get more than 1 or 2 songs from it . Ducky............. cool10.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 4 2012, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 4 2012, 03:33 PM)

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

OMG!!!!

I hope they do awesome mash-ups of songs off of Signals and RTB!!!

Roll the Analog Kid?

The Big Subdivisions?

Face Down?

Digital Heresy?

Dream Chemistry?