Clockwork Angels tour book indicates

treeduck

The funny thing is, RIAB showed what it thinks is the album cover and the tour book cover (the image from this thread). I like this image a whole hell of a lot more than this one that they say might be the album cover:

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201204/2250.f.jpg

Signals in its entirety would be an interesting, if unexpected choice. Are they going to sample Ben Mink's strings on Losing It if they do? confused13.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 3 2012, 02:49 PM)
The funny thing is, RIAB showed what it thinks is the album cover and the tour book cover (the image from this thread). I like this image a whole hell of a lot more than this one that they say might be the album cover:

Signals in its entirety would be an interesting, if unexpected choice. Are they going to sample Ben Mink's strings on Losing It if they do? confused13.gif

With guitar synths now days Alex could easily play violin part on guitar.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 3 2012, 03:49 PM)

"Interesting" Goobs?

I thought Signals was your favourite album?! If so...you should be ecstatic!!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 3 2012, 02:47 PM)
OMG! I'll finally get to hear Losing It Live! OMG! OMG! OMG!

653.gif  common001.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  drool1.gif  1287.gif

However, we need to take this with a grian of salt, It really doesn't leave much room for Clockwork Angels or anything else for that matter!

confused13.gif

Well, you figure the average Rush setlist is about 24 songs:

*They will do at least 5 songs off Clockwork Angels

*Signals is 8 songs long

That leaves ROUGHLY 12 - 13 songs left. Throw in the staples : Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Limelight, The Trees, YYZ. THAT will leave us with about 7 - 8 songs left...which would be more "rarities" and the inevitable drum solo : Afterimage, Turn The Page, Middletown Dreams, Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, ect....granted, those are MY choice "rarities". Also, keep in mind, at least half of Signals is considered rarities, as well.

I could see that setlist working yes.gif ....well, i can DREAM... eyesre4.gif lol

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 3 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 3 2012, 02:47 PM)
OMG! I'll finally get to hear Losing It Live! OMG! OMG! OMG!

653.gif  common001.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  drool1.gif  1287.gif

However, we need to take this with a grian of salt, It really doesn't leave much room for Clockwork Angels or anything else for that matter!

confused13.gif

Well, you figure the average Rush setlist is about 24 songs:

*They will do at least 5 songs off Clockwork Angels

*Signals is 7 songs long

That leaves ROUGHLY 12 - 13 songs left. Throw in the staples : Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Limelight, The Trees, YYZ. THAT will leave us with about 7 - 8 songs left...which would be more "rarities" and the inevitable drum solo : Afterimage, Turn The Page, Middletown Dreams, Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, ect....granted, those are MY choice "rarities". Also, keep in mind, at least half of Signals is considered rarities, as well.

I could see that setlist working yes.gif ....well, i can DREAM... eyesre4.gif lol

My god - i speculate WAY too much...LOL! laugh.gif

But it's fun! yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 3 2012, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 3 2012, 03:58 PM)
*Signals is 7 songs long

You mean...8 songs! cool.gif

CRAP! ph34r.gif

Well, if THAT ain't an Epic Fail... laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 3 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (rtrushfan @ Apr 3 2012, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 3 2012, 01:34 PM)
http://i.imgur.com/xdkCw.jpg

ohmy.gif

where did you find this pic? Is this real?

Have a look at Rushisaband...

trink36.gif

Considering that the Fire hydrant is fading maybe not all of Signals but a majority of it or maybe in its entirety all spread out around both set list, I really think the setlist might look like this:

Set 1:

Limelight

Analog Kid

Headlong Flight

Jacobs Ladder

New Instrumental From CA (Unrelated to Suite)

Show Don't Tell

Chemistry

Digital Man

New Song From CA (Unrelated to Suite)

2nd Song From CA (Unrelated to Suite)

Subdivisions

Test For Echo

Freewill

YYZ

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels Suite (Remainder)

New World Man

The Weapon

Countdown

Malnar/ Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Losing it (Acoustic)

Distant Early Warnings

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Ooh I'd be happy with that! I do hope I get to hear Losing It Live!

trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1287.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif applaudit.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 3 2012, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 3 2012, 03:49 PM)
The funny thing is, RIAB showed what it thinks is the album cover and the tour book cover (the image from this thread).  I like this image a whole hell of a lot more than this one that they say might be the album cover:

Signals in its entirety would be an interesting, if unexpected choice.  Are they going to sample Ben Mink's strings on Losing It if they do? confused13.gif

"Interesting" Goobs?

I thought Signals was your favourite album?! If so...you should be ecstatic!!

It's interesting in that it's simply not their most popular album, or at least it isn't one that I would think would get non-hardcore fans flocking to see them. It hardly has the impact that Moving Pictures did. I would have thought Permanent Waves or 2112 would have been much more obvious choices, even Hemispheres. Still, it's all just speculation what they'll do...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 3 2012, 03:32 PM)
I would have thought Permanent Waves or 2112 would have been much more obvious choices...

But then again - that's what's great about Rush...they don't always do the "obvious" wink.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Apr 3 2012, 02:49 PM)
I'm not buying it. That may indeed be the cover to the tour book, but it seems illogical to me that they would play Signals in its entirety for the Clockwork Angels tour.

confused13.gif

Makes no sense to spend so much of a setlist on 1 album when they have to dedicate so much time to Clockwork. People just make random crap up on the internet.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 3 2012, 03:38 PM)
I'm not buying it.  That may indeed be the cover to the tour book, but it seems illogical to me that they would play Signals in its entirety for the Clockwork Angels tour.

confused13.gif

Makes no sense to spend so much of a setlist on 1 album when they have to dedicate so much time to Clockwork. People just make random crap up on the internet.

Then why have the Signals album represented on the image? It was obviously deliberate...

Perm Waves or Hemispheres, anything farther back Ged sounds horrible on, except maybe 2112 (on some nights.) and Xanadu (Haven't heard it since R30 so it might sound bad.)

For those of you saying he sounded bad on Prelude during CP tour you need to listen to a range of bootlegs to realize how wrong you are.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 3 2012, 03:38 PM)
I'm not buying it.  That may indeed be the cover to the tour book, but it seems illogical to me that they would play Signals in its entirety for the Clockwork Angels tour.

confused13.gif

Yeah, it sure seems like this will be the Clockwork Angels Tour, not the Clockwork Angels/Signals Tour.

I imagine that they'll play a large portion of CA, just like they did with S&A. If they do, there likely won't be room in the setlist for all of Signals.

And if the tourbook image is not legit, likely neither is the CA cover, since they came from the same source.